IM 19 HAVE A BIG FOREHEAD AND WANT TO REDUCE IT WITH HAIR TRANSPLANT (NO HAIRLOSS/GENETIC PROBLEM)

GUYS PLEASE HELP ME!!

Im really desprate right now because of my big forehead, i asked one doctor in turkey and they said i cant do hair transplant because im too young :( 

I have a big forehead and sick of it, i want to do hair transplant to make my hair line lower... i dont have any hairloss / genetic problem just naturally born with big forehead

please help me what y'all think, should i get hair transplant or forehead reduction surgery??!!

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-16 at 8.28.15 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-16 at 8.28.15 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-16 at 8.28.16 PM.jpeg

D4A61845-71CB-4F55-B424-CD94E293FCA9_1_201_a.jpeg

209288C0-36A2-4CE7-AD5A-F5690945DB50_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by cutiebunnie

I recall a case like yours a few years ago.  The patient was born with a high hairline, which resulted in a big forehead, as you call it.  No hair loss.  No history of hair loss either.  Brought the hairline down about a finger's width.  First issue, and to make sure, you need to post photos of your entire face.  Do you know the rule of thirds?  This will give you a decent idea where exactly your hairline should be.  Second thing is understanding - it is likely this will take multiple procedures to achieve the density you have right behind the hairline area.  There are doctors out there that can accomplish density in a single procedure, but I would verify before moving forward. Lastly, you have dark hair and light scalp.  Just be aware the contrast will result in the illusion of some thinning.  Where do you live and are you open to traveling?

Please confirm with all family members if there is any history of hair loss.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

I know you don't have MPB now, but most 19 year olds don't...  Keep an eye on things, not just the hairline.  You may experience balding a few years down the road, which is why ethical docs wouldn't transplant on you right now.  

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

5 hours ago, LaserCaps said:

I recall a case like yours a few years ago.  The patient was born with a high hairline, which resulted in a big forehead, as you call it.  No hair loss.  No history of hair loss either.  Brought the hairline down about a finger's width.  First issue, and to make sure, you need to post photos of your entire face.  Do you know the rule of thirds?  This will give you a decent idea where exactly your hairline should be.  Second thing is understanding - it is likely this will take multiple procedures to achieve the density you have right behind the hairline area.  There are doctors out there that can accomplish density in a single procedure, but I would verify before moving forward. Lastly, you have dark hair and light scalp.  Just be aware the contrast will result in the illusion of some thinning.  Where do you live and are you open to traveling?

Please confirm with all family members if there is any history of hair loss.  

thankyou for ur comment, i just posted my entire face and yes i also already confirmed my entire family.. even my dad is 44 and his hair still normal 

yes im open to traveling ❤️

4 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

No ethical Clinic/Dr will accept you at 19 years of age. Be very wary of anyone that agrees, they will just want your money. The last thing you want is a poor job and it ending up looking worse. 

i know, but i consulted with Dr Bicer and at first she said NO, but after i said i have a big forehead congenital and not having any hairloss / genetic 

she said she could help me and currently im waiting for her to call me 

btw thankyou for comment❤️

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

I know you don't have MPB now, but most 19 year olds don't...  Keep an eye on things, not just the hairline.  You may experience balding a few years down the road, which is why ethical docs wouldn't transplant on you right now.  

i will, thankyou aaron ❤️

2 hours ago, JP28 said:

@cutiebunnieDr.Nadimi does forehead reduction in Chicago and the results are pretty impressive.

Usually forehead reductions are done under the assumption that the patient won't bald i.e. not men. I think it would be difficult to say at age 19 but worth a shot for sure lol. 

• Like 1

I strongly advise you not to undergo any HT surgery at this stage. Probably consult regarding forehead reduction but I also believe that if you lose more hair then the scar might show. Better to check with someone that does these though. Best of luck 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

12 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I strongly advise you not to undergo any HT surgery at this stage. Probably consult regarding forehead reduction but I also believe that if you lose more hair then the scar might show. Better to check with someone that does these though. Best of luck 

thankyou doctor! i think ill get the forehead reduction and “if i lose more hair (but im pretty sure i wont lose a lot of hair because my dad n bigbrother 25y he doesn’t experience any hair loss that lead to balding”

but if i lose more hair and the scar shown in future, ill do HT..

what do you think doc?

Edited by cutiebunnie

12 minutes ago, cutiebunnie said:

thankyou doctor! i think ill get the forehead reduction and “if i lose more hair (but im pretty sure i wont lose a lot of hair because my dad n bigbrother 25y he doesn’t experience any hair loss that lead to balding”

but if i lose more hair and the scar shown in future, ill do HT..

what do you think doc?

It is hard to predict what pattern or extent of hair loss you can get. The safest thing is obviously to do nothing. However, If you elect to go for any forehead reduction surgery, then you should be aware of the possible need for a hair transplant etc. It is best to discuss the implications of this type of surgery with Drs who perform it as they probably see more longterm outcomes and consequences. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Funny how different angles give you so much info.  The very first photo shows a male pattern with temporal points.  Looking from the front, however, (one of the later photos you posted), it almost looks rounded, somewhat like a female hairline.  That's neither here nor there, just something to be aware of. Now, back to your case....

If you apply the rule of thirds, it does show your hairline could be brought down. If you do, do it a bit at a time until your and the doctor reach the goal.  I am being quite careful with wording. I could have said, "until you are happy." The issue however is the fact most young people want their hairlines in the middle of the forehead.  And, while I am generalizing, it is important to keep in mind the doctor's job is to do what you want to do - but also keep you from doing things he knows are not in your best interest. 

With the pandemic still lingering, I would encourage you to do some online consultations with various doctors.  Also start looking at photos of results of cases similar to your own.  Then do a couple of in person visits, if possible.  Have them draw the hairline in and post.  Plenty of members here that can provide some guidance.

If ever in Texas, visit with Arocha Hair Restoration.  Or call.  I mention him particularly since he is able to accomplish density in a single pass.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

24 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

Funny how different angles give you so much info.  The very first photo shows a male pattern with temporal points.  Looking from the front, however, (one of the later photos you posted), it almost looks rounded, somewhat like a female hairline.  That's neither here nor there, just something to be aware of. Now, back to your case....

If you apply the rule of thirds, it does show your hairline could be brought down. If you do, do it a bit at a time until your and the doctor reach the goal.  I am being quite careful with wording. I could have said, "until you are happy." The issue however is the fact most young people want their hairlines in the middle of the forehead.  And, while I am generalizing, it is important to keep in mind the doctor's job is to do what you want to do - but also keep you from doing things he knows are not in your best interest. 

With the pandemic still lingering, I would encourage you to do some online consultations with various doctors.  Also start looking at photos of results of cases similar to your own.  Then do a couple of in person visits, if possible.  Have them draw the hairline in and post.  Plenty of members here that can provide some guidance.

If ever in Texas, visit with Arocha Hair Restoration.  Or call.  I mention him particularly since he is able to accomplish density in a single pass.

ok LaserCaps, noted ! 

thankyou very much i really appreciate it for your time at helping me solve this problem..

rightnow im doing a lot of research and consulted to many doctor because i wanted to be really carefull and dont want to be in rush

sadly i can't find anyone with the same cases similar to mine now, but im still looking for it 

Be patient, avoid impulsive decisions.  Where do you live?  

• Thanks 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

@cutiebunnie i do see what you mean, your forehead is objectively big. I don't think its necessarily ugly or unattractive, but yes it is definitely noticeable when you point it out. 

You may be stuck between a rock and a hard place being so young. It may not feel like it, but 19 is incredibly young and as other have said you may be hard-pressed to find a doctor who will operate on you. 

That being said, I'm sure you will find a doctor, somehow or somewhere, that will operate on you. But be careful. You don't want to make a regretful situation and have a negative outcome, and then be chasing additional corrective hair transplants, which would be doubly ironic since you don't even have male pattern baldness.

If your big forehead is only affecting you internally/psychologically, and you still do fine with girls and have a good life otherwise, maybe see a therapist instead. No one under the age of 25 should really be getting a hair transplant (and even 25 is really young and doctors may turn you away then!)

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I agree with this, do not get surgery. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, deeznuts said:

Usually forehead reductions are done under the assumption that the patient won't bald i.e. not men. I think it would be difficult to say at age 19 but worth a shot for sure lol. 

I totally agree, that’s why he’s gonna have to talk with a professional to discuss his options and whether is it safe or not for the moment.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

DO NOT HAVE A HAIR TRANSPLANT! DO NOT GET A FOREHEAD REDUCTION!!!!!!!!

I was 'EXACTLY' like you @cutiebunnie. I was 18 years old and I had always had a high forehead. I wanted it lowered. I thought at the time that I was going bald (which I actually did end up becoming bald) and I had not one but two surgeries. To this day, this decision was the worst decision of my life!! Not only were the grafts 'plugs' but my hairline started to recede back which left the new hairline 'marooned.' I wanted more plugs, more surgery, but thank God no one would touch it (of fear of being sued by someone who should never have had surgery in the first place). Even if you have a hair transplant to lower the appearance of your hairline you still run the risk of not being happy with it. At worst, you will be chasing that hairline with surgery for the rest of your life! By the age of 25 I had to start wearing a hair piece to hide the scar along my hairline after at least six operations to remove the grafts over roughly five years! I then wore a hair piece for 25 years until I finally decided to shave my head and have SMP to hide the scars (which you can still see). It would be remiss of me not to warn you of what you are about to set yourself up for! I know what it's like to be 19 (and younger) and to want a lower hairline. But to have surgery and then wish you never butchered your scalp in the first place is  something on an entirely different level altogether! Don't pull the trigger on this and ruin your life. You can always have surgery 'TOMORROW.' You have no idea what it's like to live a life for decades being completely self conscious about your hairline because of scarring or an 'unnatural' hair transplant. Any surgeon knows this and if they say yes to your request then that is a massive RED FLAG to run regardless who is willing to perform surgery on a teenager who doesn't have MPB. If anything please learn from my mistakes and not your own. For one it's FREE and secondly it will save you from decades of pain and regret. 

Image000000024.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

DSCF0590.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I inquired about a scalp reduction a few years ago when I had the money .. n before my hairloss started.. my forehead was bigger than my face n was the ugliest part of my head . I researched a lot n the scalp reduction at the time was around $7K- $10K.. 

but it’s a brutal surgery,, they literally scalp you, remove a chunk of skin in the frontal head n push the back of ur head forehead to make the forehead look smaller .. u will still end up with a FUT line scar but in the front of ur head along the hairline .. the scar will always be there , it could be very noticeable and sometimes not depending how u scar .. then u will still end up getting a hAirtransplant to cover up that scar . 

u could end up like Donald Trump.. 

my suggestion for u is style your hair in a way to not show the forehead as much .. that’s what i did all my life .. n I look handsome .. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, Legend007 said:

I inquired about a scalp reduction a few years ago when I had the money .. n before my hairloss started.. my forehead was bigger than my face n was the ugliest part of my head . I researched a lot n the scalp reduction at the time was around $7K- $10K.. 

but it’s a brutal surgery,, they literally scalp you, remove a chunk of skin in the frontal head n push the back of ur head forehead to make the forehead look smaller .. u will still end up with a FUT line scar but in the front of ur head along the hairline .. the scar will always be there , it could be very noticeable and sometimes not depending how u scar .. then u will still end up getting a hAirtransplant to cover up that scar . 

u could end up like Donald Trump.. 

my suggestion for u is style your hair in a way to not show the forehead as much .. that’s what i did all my life .. n I look handsome .. 

That's exactly what I was left with. Look at my hairline scar. It's one thing to have an FUT scar in the donor area but to have one along your hairline is an entirely different proposition to live with. I had to have about six 'FUT' style surgeries in the frontal hairline over the course of many years to remove the plugs transplanted in my hairline. I say and share this to warn others. Again please learn by my mistakes. Not your own!

• Like 1