What Are The Reasons For Hair Transplant Slow Growth?

• Administrators

This topic comes up time and time again, there's a growth chart floating around somewhere that says you should be at 50% of growth by six months. However, the anagen growth cycle can range from 3-6 months. So how is someone expected to grow half their hair by six months? What do you guys think? Do you disagree? Let me know why.

What Are The Reasons For Hair Transplant Slow Growth

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

This one ? It’s one of many, they can differ a little. 

32022B9E-69C0-47AF-BE92-7EE19DB6A6CD.jpeg

I think that chart is off, especially since the resting range is 3-6 months. There’s no way half of the growth will be 6 months. 
image.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Moderators

Hair growth rate ranges from about .5 centimeters per month to 1.5 centimeters per month, so fast growers are going to grow 3 times faster than slow growers. Being a slow grower after having a hair transplant doesn't necessarily mean anything other than your hair probably naturally grows on the slow end of the average range. You just never knew it because you were never comparing your hair growth to anyone else before you had a hair transplant.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Westview said:

Is it possible for new hairs to still pop up around the 15th or 16th month or so??

New hairs probably not, but hairs can mature and thicken. 

View my thread

Hair caliber maturation.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I'm at almost 6 months post fue with very patchy areas (mostly at the hairline) and overall slow growth. Is it possible I will see new transplanted hairs sprout out soon?? 

Edited by Rick V.

If i could advise myself starting out on my journey again a little over 18 months ago i would say patience,patience and more patience...certainly texture,thickness and maturation improvements can and does occur right up to 24 months..im proof of that...as regards new growth..id say up to 15 months or so in some cases if youre talking about the crown ..around the 12 month mark elsewhere....its an inexact science 😊...

Youve LOADS more time ..hang tight.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Rick V. said:

I'm at almost 6 months post fue with very patchy areas (mostly at the hairline) and overall slow growth. Is it possible I will see new transplanted hairs sprout out soon?? 

Absolutely, it’s possible your hairs have only just begun to sprout.

• Like 1

View my thread

Everyone experiences something a little different when it comes to the regrowth period and ultimate maturation of each procedure.

And as Zoomster stated, "patience, patience, patience. For many of us, the most challenging thing to do post-op is to wait for the regrowth and we look, look, look in the mirror constantly, for any slight changes.

Anyone who had a HT procedure can relate to that!...😉

• Like 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY