~2750 grafts FUT w/ Dr. Carlos Wesley 7/26/2021

Hello, I just had my first HT procedure done with Dr. Wesley in NYC on 7/26/21 and wanted to share my photos and experience here for others who are curious. I am also curious to receive feedback and see what people think of my result. 

I am currently a 26 yo male who is about NW3 - 3.5, and have been on Dutasteride for about 1.5 years. Dut has dramatically brought my hair back and maintained it since taking it, and I plan on keeping on it for as long as I can manage. I am not on anything else right now, however i do plan on starting oral minoxidil in the coming days and seeing how that works on me. Basically i have been wanting to do a HT for well over a year now, but its been tough with COVID travel and all. Finally was able to find an opening with Dr Wesley in July and pulled the trigger. Very happy I did. I think he is a really great guy and all his staff were super nice. The procedure itself was super smooth and my only major regret is falling asleep during the entire procedure. I wish i was awake so i could have spoken to them more, but my jet lag and all was kicking in too hard. Basically woke up and it was all done. Was super happy to hear we got 2750 grafts as I was hoping for a big number.

I am currently on day 3 post op and feel fine, although my scalp is super itchy and that is very frustrating. There is a lot of post-op care so just hunkering down and taking care of that. Other than that, i think it all seems good. Scar does not hurt, and I am very happy with the design of the hairline and all. Basically i got grafts into a new hairline, my temple areas, midscalp and also a bit in the crown. 

Going to attach pics here, so please let me know what you guys think of the work. I will probably post some additional photos as time goes on, but am trying not to be too obsessive. This is gonna be a long ride.

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5971.jpg

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

IMG_5981.jpg

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5983.jpg

IMG_5984.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Always been Impressed by Dr Wesleys work, this is no exception. Looks very clean and refined. Thanks for posting your experience and pics so far 🙏

Cool glad to hear you think so! No problem ill try to keep it up to date as time goes on

• Like 1

Thanks a bunch for posting. Looks great. Comparing my most recent frontal photo to yours, it looks like he got them in there at more regular intervals and at a higher density on you; this is what I was hoping mine would look like haha. Edit: Have since spoken with Dr. Wesley and the density is actually apparently very similar but maybe just more visible here.

This looks phenomenal. Will be good to be on similar timelines for growth. Thanks a bunch again for posting.

Edited by washingtondc
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, washingtondc said:

Thanks a bunch for posting. Looks great. Comparing my most recent frontal photo to yours, it looks like he got them in there at more regular intervals and at a higher density on you; this is what I was hoping mine would look like haha. The edge of your hairline looks like it will wind up so natural with that full density to the edge and then those little extended tips. Mine doesn't have that at all, it just kind of... awkwardly gets patchy.

Almost looks like the work of two entirely different surgeons.

I suspect I'm gonna be pretty jealous in a year; this looks phenomenal. Will be good to be on similar timelines for growth. Thanks a bunch again for posting.

For sure man, well I think yours looks good too man, maybe just a difference in # of grafts. Thank you for the feedback though! I agree it will be good that we are similar timeline so we can see how it grows in! When are you starting oral minox again? I’m supposed to in a few days 

38 minutes ago, ML488 said:

Just curious how many were implanted in that frontal area and how many in the crown?

So they said about 200 in the crown so the remainder would be all frontal, mid scalp and my temples. Not sure what that breakout was tbh tho 

17 hours ago, hairbackpls1 said:

For sure man, well I think yours looks good too man, maybe just a difference in # of grafts. Thank you for the feedback though! I agree it will be good that we are similar timeline so we can see how it grows in! When are you starting oral minox again? I’m supposed to in a few days 

I'm not sure; I'm doing the topical spray he gave right now but I want to do oral minox as soon as possible; I'll do a way better job with it that way than topical and allegedly it may work slightly better. I get some sutures out Monday so I'll hopefully find out then when I can switch, hopefully soon.

• 2 months later...

Thought I would post a 3 month update on this. I think hair is finally starting to kick in a lot more in recent couple weeks. Still a lot of holes with no hairs coming in but definitely seeing more and more growth every week I think. I can see the frame of the hairline quite well now too, so when I look in the mirror it already looks 'different'. Excited for the rest! Let me know what you guys think and if this looks on track.

image7.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Looking right on track!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

5 months result - definitely noticed a solid improvement from 4 to 5 months. Maybe more so in that the hairs started to get thicker from end to end not just at the shaft, which allows me to comb my hair down and it doesnt look too bad. Right now i am between 5 and 6 months, and its lookin solid, but my only complaint is the new hairs are still very kinky and wispy. I am guessing this is normal at this stage though? I still have a lot of hairs that look very thin at the hairline, so I am hoping that gives the opportunity for much more thickening, as my hairline is still quite see through especially in the light.

Your comments are welcome!! thanks

956944840_hair5mo1.thumb.jpg.7d5c7808bc9695e2507850e38d934750.jpg1852373545_hair5mo2.thumb.jpg.a60444fd938eb7a6949e09b7f51e866a.jpg660883869_hair5mo4.thumb.jpg.d847d2af67c4405096849c828e929b0f.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looking excellent for 5 months 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

6 months update. starting to thicken up a little more although the hairs are still very kinky and wiry. The density is solid but to be honest i am really hoping it thickens up more because its still very see through when exposed under light. 

Also one complaint - I don't think it is very visible in these pictures, but there is 1 graft right behind my hairline that looks quite pluggy - I think the Dr mistakenly put in too many hairs in one slot. Looks like theres like 5 or 6 hairs coming out of 1 hole. I will try to get a picture of this up close if possible later. 

Otherwise im quite pleased so far. Hoping it really thickens up in the next 6 months

front 1.jpg

up close 1.jpg

up close 2.jpg

hair down 1.jpg

hair down 2.jpg

hair down up close.jpg

1 hour ago, hairbackpls1 said:

6 months update. starting to thicken up a little more although the hairs are still very kinky and wiry. The density is solid but to be honest i am really hoping it thickens up more because its still very see through when exposed under light. 

Also one complaint - I don't think it is very visible in these pictures, but there is 1 graft right behind my hairline that looks quite pluggy - I think the Dr mistakenly put in too many hairs in one slot. Looks like theres like 5 or 6 hairs coming out of 1 hole. I will try to get a picture of this up close if possible later. 

Otherwise im quite pleased so far. Hoping it really thickens up in the next 6 months

front 1.jpg

up close 1.jpg

up close 2.jpg

hair down 1.jpg

hair down 2.jpg

hair down up close.jpg

It looks really good to be honest.