3790 Grafts FUE NW6-7 by Dr. Ozlem Bicer, 02/07/2021

Looking promising mate. 

One more pass and you will be really pleased. It was always going to take 2-3 passes but it looks really natural which is great. 

I would definitely let it grow on top and keep the sides trimmed like they are currently.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrmane85 said:

Looking promising mate. 

One more pass and you will be really pleased. It was always going to take 2-3 passes but it looks really natural which is great. 

I would definitely let it grow on top and keep the sides trimmed like they are currently.

Thanks! But what do you mean by 'pass'? A month?

• 1 month later...

10 months update

This month I didn't get a haircut, so my hair is a bit longer than usual.

I can either comb it sideways to give it a fuller appearance, or comb it forward to make my hairline look lower. Quite the dilemma, haha.

Other than that, however, I think that there are no more changes in my hair. What do you think?

Next update in month.

Front censored.png

Topfront censored.png

1651520967271.jpg

Side cenored.png

1651520993154.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think its looking good. Your hair is quite short, you would benefit from growing it out a few more inches. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Score! For where you began and having fine hair texture and for only 3,790 grafts your results look excellent!

As Melvin said, wondering what it would look like grown out a little further and would also love to see parted to the side! A few dashes of fibers and or SMP would produce a super full look.

In addition, if you wish, I am sure you have grafts left in the back for another procedure.

Congratulations and keep updating us through month 12.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

11 months update

With a small delay, here's my 11 months update.

My hair is much shorter than the previous update since I cut it only 3 weeks before (compared to 2 months at the previous update), so it appears worse imo.

Overall, however, I think my hair has stabilized. What do you think?

One year update coming up soon.

image.png

Topfront censored.png

1654879561859.jpg

Side censored.png

1654879561829.jpg

In my opinion, where you started from, it is a decent result, if you kept your hair a little longer and were willing to use corrective fibers it would be an good  result, you will need a second procedure, I had already written it previously on your thread, here we have seen excellent Bicer transplants, for example that of @Eranwhich started from a worse situation than yours, he also then underwent a second procedure, but unfortunately the type of hair changes from individual to individual, with the type of hair , red and fine it is more difficult to give coverage to the scalp.  I wish you the best.

Edited by Egy
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Egy said:

In my opinion, where you started from, it is a decent result, if you kept your hair a little longer and were willing to use corrective fibers it would be an good  result, you will need a second procedure, I had already written it previously on your thread, here we have seen excellent Bicer transplants, for example that of @Eranwhich started from a worse situation than yours, he also then underwent a second procedure, but unfortunately the type of hair changes from individual to individual, with the type of hair , red and fine it is more difficult to give coverage to the scalp.  I wish you the best.

If he can do second procedure, I think he can get OK results. 
won’t be full hair, because of weak donor area but much much better then now.

It's a decent result considering your Norwood 6 starting point. 

It's a visible improvement compared to baseline. 

I agree your hair isn't too thick though...And that is perhaps one of the main limitations in your case.  It's more on the thinner side of the spectrum but still I would expect a bit more coverage from 3800 grafts... That said, we cannot expect miracles on a Norwood 6. 

I know Dr. Bicer, she is nice and  seems to care about patients but just as Dr. Keser,  HLC or Pekiner I've never seen impressive "miracle" type results from them on advanced Norwoods. 

Have you seen Dr. Zarev's and Dr. Pitella's FUE work on higher Norwoods ?  Definitely worth exploring. 

Hattingen also has some crazy transformations on Norwood 6 with FUT but you would have you have lower yield with FUT now since u already had FUE

Last thing, you mentionned in the beginning of the thread that you starting shedding hairs as early as 8 days after surgery and by the 14th day most of your transplanted hairs had fallen out. This sounds a bit too early honestly...Some grafts may have not made it and might be this is one of the reasons why the yield/survival rate from your surgery with Dr. Bicer seems slightly below average.  But this is purely speculation on my part. 

Edited by Hairmills and homeruns
  • Like 1

I agree with @Hairmills and homeruns when he says that doctors like Keser, HLC or Pekiner have never seen miraculous results on elevated norwoods, Pekiner even rejects cases like this, Bicer has tried it anyway, I would just ask at the OP what did the doctor tell you before the procedure, that is, what expectations did you give him?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hairmills and homeruns said:

It's a decent result considering your Norwood 6 starting point. 

It's a visible improvement compared to baseline. 

I agree your hair isn't too thick though...And that is perhaps one of the main limitations in your case.  It's more on the thinner side of the spectrum but still I would expect a bit more coverage from 3800 grafts... That said, we cannot expect miracles on a Norwood 6. 

I know Dr. Bicer, she is nice and  seems to care about patients but just as Dr. Keser,  HLC or Pekiner I've never seen impressive "miracle" type results from them on advanced Norwoods. 

Have you seen Dr. Zarev's and Dr. Pitella's FUE work on higher Norwoods ?  Definitely worth exploring. 

Hattingen also has some crazy transformations on Norwood 6 with FUT but you would have you have lower yield with FUT now since u already had FUE

Last thing, you mentionned in the beginning of the thread that you starting shedding hairs as early as 8 days after surgery and by the 14th day most of your transplanted hairs had fallen out. This sounds a bit too early honestly...Some grafts may have not made it and might be this is one of the reasons why the yield/survival rate from your surgery with Dr. Bicer seems slightly below average.  But this is purely speculation on my part. 

That’s  the point even with a less than ideal yield considering that many grafts were implanted he  should of had better  coverage. Scalp is visible throughout and this is not about miracles . I’ve seen hair mills get better coverage for high Norwoods and looking at other bicer results on social media and forums she has some impressive results with high Norwood s. I’m not trying to be harsh but honest for the benefit of the op

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

That’s  the point even with a less than ideal yield considering that many grafts were implanted he  should of had better  coverage. Scalp is visible throughout and this is not about miracles . I’ve seen hair mills get better coverage for high Norwoods and looking at other bicer results on social media and forums she has some impressive results with high Norwood s. I’m not trying to be harsh but honest for the benefit of the op

I agree. 

It's a decent result but slightly subpar because of the 2 reasons I explained (thin donor hair + suboptimal survival rate). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

and looking at other bicer results on social media and forums she has some impressive results with high Norwood s.

The characteristics of the hair play a fundamental role in the success of the transplant, even @Eran. it was a norwood 7, but a thick type of hair that gave an excellent illusion of density.  I am sure that Dr. Biçer will remedy to make happy @tokerutaichouAlthough I am waiting to know what she had proposed to him before the procedure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Egy said:

The characteristics of the hair play a fundamental role in the success of the transplant, even @Eran. it was a norwood 7, but a thick type of hair that gave an excellent illusion of density.  I am sure that Dr. Biçer will remedy to make happy @tokerutaichouAlthough I am waiting to know what she had proposed to him before the procedure.

Yes donor hair and obviously graft survival are the two main factors that determine a good result . I’m surprised she went ahead with his procedure considering he was on finasteride and the donor was still  thinning. He just had bad hair luck tbh

12 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

He just had bad hair luck tbh

I have always thought that the "luck" factor in a hair transplant is also decisive, regardless of the fact that a patient must necessarily rely on a professional and ethical surgeon.

No miracles guys. All depends in the donor area.

I was Norwood 5A, not 7. 
I don’t think it’s important if it’s Zarev or Bicer or whatever. Once you have good donor and thick hair, you’ll be ok.

• Like 3

So, I think you want to grow it longer for sure as it will provide more of an illusion of density. Throw in a dash of fibers and it would look super full!

If you can get a round # 2, perhaps, Bicer can maximize your donor by infusing beard hairs to add more density to the mid-scalp; if you could get 1,500 beard hairs in the mid-scalp, if could thicken it up.

Then, maybe an additional 2k scalp and 1k beard for the crown.

If you did that, then I think you could look fairly full!

• Like 1

Agreed with Eran. A good doctor is hugely important, and Bicer certainly is, but donor is also critical. @tokerutaichouif I recall you had a decent beard right? Hopefully you can leverage too. With the level of loss 2 surgeries were a minimum for full density -- perhaps even three. Good luck!

1 minute ago, SLA said:

So, I think you want to grow it longer for sure as it will provide more of an illusion of density. Throw in a dash of fibers and it would look super full!

If you can get a round # 2, perhaps, Bicer can maximize your donor by infusing beard hairs to add more density to the mid-scalp; if you could get 1,500 beard hairs in the mid-scalp, if could thicken it up.

Then, maybe an additional 2k scalp and 1k beard for the crown.

If you did that, then I think you could look fairly full!

Beat me to it! 100% this.

• Like 2