3790 Grafts FUE NW6-7 by Dr. Ozlem Bicer, 02/07/2021

• Valued Contributor

Donor area looks really good even at a shorter length. If I were you, I'd ignore the top of your head for now and just find a buzzed down length for the back and sides (you should be able to buzz the donor with a guard by now - just not the recipient area) so that everything looks a bit tidier and deliberate. Bold on top and lots of hair on the sides and back usually adds years to people's appearance. Buzz that lot down nice and trim and it'll look pretty decent while you wait for the transplanted hairs to start doing their thing. Not having much native hair on top gives you the option of managing the ugly duckling phase with a bit of a Jason Statham look!

Keep the updates coming!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

2.5 months update

After my last update I had my first shortcut, so my hair is shorter now. My barber advised me to cut it every 3 weeks, so I might even cut it again around the next update.

Other than that, I've experienced some phenomena that may or may not be related to the HT:

1. I found a really curly strand of hair (perfect spiral). I don't know if this is due to the transplant, but this is the first time I had anything like that. I cut it off because it was at the front and looked funny.

2. When I feel my recipient area, I think I'm starting to feel more tiny hairs. This is quite early, but I hope it's the first new growth.

3. Overall, my recipient area has started to feel quite itchy. Might be my imagination though.

If anyone has insights on these I'll be happy to hear from you. 🙂

Other than that, there are no major visual changes so far. Next update in two weeks!

Front censored.png

Topfront Censored.png

1631980035133.jpg

Side censored.png

1631980035157.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

Donor area is healing very well, and everything looks as expected at 2 months. Please keep us updated on your progress.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

3 months update

Only a few updates since last time:

I found 2 springy hairs, like the one I reported before. I think one of them is the same one as before, but I'm not sure. Also not sure if it's relevant to the HT.

I'm still experiencing some mild itchiness in my recipient area. Pinkness continues to diminish, but it's not quite gone yet.

Still using the baby shampoo. The bottle will probably last another 3 months.

I don't think there's much visual improvement yet, so I hope it will start in about a month. Tell me if you think differently!

From now on, I will update every month.

Frontcensored.png.7b7521260cfcd06569eaa150e1b742a4.png

Topfront censored.png

1633277931642.jpg

Side censored.png

1633277931624.jpg

Edited by tokerutaichou
  • Like 1

Looking good! I started to see growth only after 4 months and really fat growth after 7-8 month. Today I’m at my 11 months. Did also with Bicer and very very happy.

you still have bunch of time. Just wait…(:

AF4EC103-B0CB-4BD6-9493-340AEF4FAAB8.jpeg

2681A43E-3452-49CF-833C-71E8226C85F0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Eran said:

Looking good! I started to see growth only after 4 months and really fat growth after 7-8 month. Today I’m at my 11 months. Did also with Bicer and very very happy.

Incredible change!

Thanks for the words of encouragement! :)

• Like 1

Just now, tokerutaichou said:

I see now that 3 months is barely any different from before the HT, especially when compared to 11 months progress.

This is great to know!

Yes. The big change start only after 4-5 months and then the growth is very fast. I did my first haircut after 6 months but till then, hair was very thin.

density increase tremendously after 8-9 months.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Eran said:

Holy smokes! Nice 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4 months update

So it's been a month since my previous update. To be honest, I personally did not see much change.

However, my parents did tell me that they think I have more hair now. Also, after comparing to last month's photos I think I can see some change compared to last month.

What do you think?

Next update in a month!

Front censored.png

Topfront censored.png

1635935232939.jpg

Side censored.png

1635935232923.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tokerutaichou said:

Also, after comparing to last month's photos I think I can see some change compared to last month.

Definetely now more changes ;) , and more hair , biggest changes usual are at 7-8 months, so you have still 4 months more, to see more progress ;) !

Wish you much progress, will follow your nice thread, and hope next month update on 3rd dec, new improve ;) , keep fingers crossed for your progress :) .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leo14 said:

@tokerutaichouThanks for the update. Did Dr. Bicer advise any medication such as Finasteride etc?

She had a very neutral attitude about this.

She said that if I was already taking it, I can continue. But she said that it should have no effect on the implanted hairs, only the native ones.

She also said that she doesn't recommend taking any supplements, unless blood tests show that I have deficiency.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 11:19 AM, Gatsby said:

I can honestly say that I can see the difference alright between month 3 and month 4. Enjoy the journey from here on in. Thanks for sharing! 

14 minutes ago, Alshe said:

The difference is obvious. Get patient, it'll grow more and more every month. Wish you luck.

Thanks guys! I really hope I will see more progress!

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think you've definitely turned the corner, you have more hair for sure from month 3, these next few months will be really fun 🤩 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

5 months update

Hi everyone!

I've definitely noticed some change compared to month 3, but not sure how much it changed compared to last month.

Do you think there's progress? Let me know!

Also - remember that I'm being consistent with haircuts (immediately after taking the pictures), so the comparison is more accurate.

Next update in a month.

Front censored.png

Topfront censored.png

1638605863585.jpg

Side censored.png

1638605863566.jpg

Edited by tokerutaichou
  • Like 4