Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong, MD, FISHRS, FUE 2475 grafts Frontal area, 6 months result plus Finasteride

Amazing results. The grafts are perfectly integrated into the recipient areas and the new density is great. Thank you for sharing.

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators

Wow incredible 🤯

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It looks like he's had a great response to finasteride as well. Great work!

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

• 2 weeks later...

From the before photos, the patient was clearly thinning severely across the entire top of his head.

From the after photos it appears that the implants were only in the front 1/3rd, yet the hair has thickened dramatically in the back 2/3rds as well.

How did this dramatic thickening happen to the back 2/3rds?

7 hours ago, Newby888 said:

From the before photos, the patient was clearly thinning severely across the entire top of his head.

From the after photos it appears that the implants were only in the front 1/3rd, yet the hair has thickened dramatically in the back 2/3rds as well.

Finasteride 

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

3 hours ago, BDK081522 said:

Finasteride 

Finasteride can now re-grow hair on someone who is already 85% bald and make their hair look almost full again?

This must be a new secret-formulae finasteride, because the one currently on store shelves doesn't do miracles like that on bald people.

Where can I buy some of this new miracle hair grower?

1 hour ago, Newby888 said:

Finasteride can now re-grow hair on someone who is already 85% bald and make their hair look almost full again?

This must be a new secret-formulae finasteride, because the one currently on store shelves doesn't do miracles like that on bald people.

Finasteride can re-grow hair on some people, yes. This isn't news.

8 hours ago, Newby888 said:

Firstly, this patient is nowhere near 85% bald in his midscalp or crown so that just doesn't make sense. Secondly, yes finasteride can regrow hair follicles that have gone dormant due to DHT inhibition. Read through some studies and you'll gain some knowledge on what medical therapy can do. For some, it only halts further progression of androgenic alopecia. But, for others it can reverse this process quite dramatically when it is introduced at the appropriate time. This regrowth typically occurs in the crown and midscalp but rarely in the hairline. 

8 hours ago, Pephair said:

Finasteride can re-grow hair on some people, yes. This isn't news.

So you are suggesting that finasteride grew-back almost a full of hair from a head that was approx 85% bald already?

This case would probably be the most miraculous hair-growth story ever seen for Finasteride if your assertion is correct.

On 7/10/2021 at 6:25 AM, Newby888 said:

The clinic have stated that the patient started on 1mg daily finasteride post surgery - which by the looks of things, has contributed overwhelmingly to the final result by thickening up the areas of thinning that weren't surgically treated. Finasteride can have this affect in some patients. 

Other factors that you should consider are; 

Length of hair is longer in the post op pics, which contributes to the illusion of density via the layering effect.
Lighting is different, which also contributes to the illusion of further density. 
We don't know whether the patient has used any sort of fibres or concealer in his midscalp or crown section in the post op pics - this could be a possibility. 

7 hours ago, Curious25 said:

The clinic have stated that the patient started on 1mg daily finasteride post surgery - which by the looks of things, has contributed overwhelmingly to the final result by thickening up the areas of thinning that weren't surgically treated. Finasteride can have this affect in some patients. 

Other factors that you should consider are; 

Length of hair is longer in the post op pics, which contributes to the illusion of density via the layering effect.
Lighting is different, which also contributes to the illusion of further density. 
We don't know whether the patient has used any sort of fibres or concealer in his midscalp or crown section in the post op pics - this could be a possibility. 

You are correct that there are still too many unknowns in this case.

More photos and details about the case are required before one can make a truly informed assessment of the outcome.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Newby888 said:

So you are suggesting that finasteride grew-back almost a full of hair from a head that was approx 85% bald already?

This case would probably be the most miraculous hair-growth story ever seen for Finasteride if your assertion is correct.

Some people are hyper responders to medication. Please see @Shifty thread, he was much balder.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think the discussion on Finaside is valid. It is one of the reasons many top clinics insist on at least 6 months medication prior to an evaluation.

If we take the presentation on face value (excluding concealers and lighting) and assume the patient is a hyper responder to Fina, then it raises the question 'did he even need a transplant?'. At the very least, after 6 months of hyper-growth, you'd want to give it another 6 months to re-evaluate.

The main takeaway is to get on the meds early, surgery should always be a last resort.

On 7/10/2021 at 7:29 PM, Newby888 said:

Also note that he wasn’t actually “bald”. ie slick bald with no hair, in the mid scalp and crown. Rather, he was diffusely miniaturized. In some patients miniaturized follicles can be salvaged and start to produce healthy hair again once DHT is blocked. Once slick bald, however, I’ve never seen fin be able to regrow hair. 

18 minutes ago, yesplease said:

Also note that he wasn’t actually “bald”. ie slick bald with no hair, in the mid scalp and crown. Rather, he was diffusely miniaturized. In some patients miniaturized follicles can be salvaged and start to produce healthy hair again once DHT is blocked. Once slick bald, however, I’ve never seen fin be able to regrow hair. 

6 months is likely far too fast to experience the miraculous unicorn level hyper-growth finasteride results that would be necessary for the appearance of natural full thickness in the photos.

It’s more likely that this patient is using a concealer(s) and some carefully selected lighting in the photos they supplied. 

Again, without more info and more photos, it’s impossible to make an  informed assessment in this case.

9 minutes ago, Newby888 said:

6 months is likely far too fast to experience the miraculous unicorn level hyper-growth finasteride results that would be necessary for the appearance of natural full thickness in the photos.

It’s more likely that this patient is using a concealer(s) and some carefully selected lighting in the photos they supplied. 

Again, without more info and more photos, it’s impossible to make an  informed assessment in this case.

It’s definitely remarkable and could be concealer …. But patient responses to any medication are on a bell curve, and someone has to be on the far end of that curve. You can’t rule out this being a result of fin.