Dr Bruno Ferreira 18/19 May 21

• Administrators

Looking good 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 minutes ago, deeside81 said:

Day 19. 

Some shedding I think especially on the left side.  What do you think of the design? It goes up a bit at one side and the peaks are a bit different.  I brought the asymmetry up with Dr Ferreira and he said that having wider side was perfectly normal and it’s to accommodate my own asymmetries and not force symmetry as you’d use more grafts that’s usually not beneficial. He also said that I shouldn’t scrutinise the design (which was more of a line at time) yet as some areas are single hair grafts or thinner hair and that those make a big difference to the design and be patient. 

Obviously I will have little nagging doubts along the way and I realise this will be a roller coaster. I’ve had a bad experience from 2 other different surgical procedures so that doesn’t help. 99% of the time I’m trusting the process as I had a really good feeling after picking him after reading the great reviews   

64A491B0-3822-4016-A1C3-D7F422404BA8.thumb.jpeg.57b83a849a382e75f0fd9963417d77e5.jpeg

F3AFA899-8980-45C6-9CD0-E182F66229A8.jpeg

64F2598B-9C2B-43DC-B196-A0026062776B.jpeg

What he told you about asymmetry is absolutely right, he did the right thing for sure. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 12:51 AM, ML488 said:

How's it going?

I had a bad case of folliculitis on the donor area of my scalp. Not on my recipient area at all. I was put on a few antibiotics over the last 6 weeks and I still get the occasional boil. 

I have persistent redness in the recipient area. Area still quite numb. Getting a tad stressed that the redness could be permanent and would look horrendous if the hair transplant fails. Cause if it does I’ll want to shave it and get on with my life. Also I have seen Rolandos hair design and it looks pretty symmetrical. Mine really isn’t. Anyway I guess the infection has put a lot of doubts in my head.  

Very sorry to hear this. When you say your hairline isn’t symmetrical what do you mean exactly? That might not be a bad thing. With regards to the redness in the recipient area , were you in the sun much after the surgery? You are not supposed to be. I hope things get better for you and I’m sure they will. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deeside81 said:

I had a bad case of folliculitis on the donor area of my scalp. Not on my recipient area at all. I was put on a few antibiotics over the last 6 weeks and I still get the occasional boil. 

I have persistent redness in the recipient area. Area still quite numb. Getting a tad stressed that the redness could be permanent and would look horrendous if the hair transplant fails. Cause if it does I’ll want to shave it and get on with my life. Also I have seen Rolandos hair design and it looks pretty symmetrical. Mine really isn’t. Anyway I guess the infection has put a lot of doubts in my head.  

You're only about two months in. I've seen cases where redness lasted much longer before dissipating. Don't stress this too much right now, especially because you had the folliculitis.

As far as your hairline design goes I think that is mainly in your head. It looks fine as far as the pictures you've posted here.

I'm not dismissing your concerns, but you're very early in the process and most of this is common so you shouldn't worry yourself over it just yet.

• Like 3

I think your hairline design looks excellent. Overly symmetrical designs actually make it look more obvious that someone had a hair transplant.

I've seen redness persist for quite some time on people's scalps but they still wind up with great results. Do you have some more recent photos you can share?

Wish you the best

• Like 1

Looks really good, is there an image of what your hair looked like right before the surgery as a baseline comparison?

also when did he mention you could get back on minoxidil after the surgery?

Edited by Min12

Yeah i'll update with the images as soon as i get them. 

Dr Ferreira said i could start minoxdil but to be very diligent as it could cause more problems if not. This put me off using it tbh. Some times i miss using it and sometimes I would only apply once daily. This was when i used it last year. do you think i should start using it? The nape of my neck hair line is definitely higher these days and i wonder if min will help this area. FYI i'm on 1 mg Fin now religiously after getting a telling off lol 

2 hours ago, deeside81 said:

Dr Ferreira said i could start minoxdil but to be very diligent as it could cause more problems if not. This put me off using it tbh.

• I would ask the doc what he means by 'very diligent'. In other words, to the untrained eye, what should you be looking for? We know that minoxdil can accelerate shedding (this can be desirable to allow a new stronger, thicker hair to emerge)
  • The day 12 photos show some nice density.
  • The donor pixs aren't very clear. Always try to take pixs using the rear camera, on mobiles it's a much better camera than the front facing one.
  • Look forward to seeing your before pixs to see your start point.

Good luck & good growth

20 minutes ago, deeside81 said:

Photo showing hair loss at nape. Kinda looks a bit weird. Someone even commented at my work. 

Has it changed since transplant ? Would you happen to have a pic we can compare it to ? Thanks 🙏 

Maybe it has changed slightly since the last 2 photos taken a year ago. 
I know he did take some hairs from that region just below the occipital bone. 

FYI I had a wee tidy up at barber a couple of weeks ago. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deeside81 said:

Maybe it has changed slightly since the last 2 photos taken a year ago. 
I know he did take some hairs from that region just below the occipital bone. 

FYI I had a wee tidy up at barber a couple of weeks ago. 

It looks like the barbers tidy up has perhaps made it a little more noticeable than usual ? Looks pretty much the same as a year ago otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some photos of today. Some wee hairs coming through I think. 694D6E57-A9D5-44C5-98A9-2B94C890E92C.thumb.jpeg.944d2c335818ca70bd7ff031d08050a8.jpeg82172877-25C5-4144-B221-101C37E518DD.thumb.jpeg.cddfd8a8088e93be693daf5556cade5b.jpeg

I was asked my dr Ferreira to wash more thoroughly although I don’t know why he asked. Could it be because of the stumped hairs that look like it was the original transplanted hairs that might of not shed? Maybe to remove them? I did ask why but he may not reply or might take a good while to reply from my experience. 

17 minutes ago, deeside81 said:

Some photos of today. Some wee hairs coming through I think. 694D6E57-A9D5-44C5-98A9-2B94C890E92C.thumb.jpeg.944d2c335818ca70bd7ff031d08050a8.jpeg82172877-25C5-4144-B221-101C37E518DD.thumb.jpeg.cddfd8a8088e93be693daf5556cade5b.jpeg

I was asked my dr Ferreira to wash more thoroughly although I don’t know why he asked. Could it be because of the stumped hairs that look like it was the original transplanted hairs that might of not shed? Maybe to remove them? I did ask why but he may not reply or might take a good while to reply from my experience. 

Normally that’s suggested at around day 10 just to make the crusts come off quicker once the grafts have settled.

If he has recommended this really recently then It would be best to wait on his response as to why.

Just now, Min12 said:

Normally that’s suggested at around day 10 just to make the crusts come off quicker once the grafts have settled.

If he has recommended this really recently then It would be best to wait on his response as to why.

Yeah it was his response just the other day.