Dr Bruno Ferreira 18/19 May 21

52 minutes ago, deeside81 said:

That’s you dr Bruno?

Are you not happy with the result? To be honest I think it’s very good at this stage. Maybe not perfect/home run, but good. And there is still PLENTY of time left. Usually around the 8-9 month mark is when it all comes together. You were basically slick bald in front aside from a very small thin forelock remaining. If I were you I’d be pumped.

• Like 2

I am very happy. The hairline is on point. Obviously there is some density issue on one side. Another positive the fin and minox has definitely had an effect on my nape. Before and after: 

AADEBD64-10B0-4FCC-9C7F-464AE8097842.jpeg.9ee3eb1b4672f87bbd68417625e08ec8.jpeg95DC755E-F548-4C4A-A12F-2716B8F4C5FA.thumb.jpeg.3639eec8c5a5c67e75e2b21aff467355.jpeg

I might add microneedling. 

Edited by deeside81
  • Like 1

I’m not to sure what your concerns were over the symmetry of it. It looks bang on to me and symmetry is something that really bothers me - micro irregularities are good but I want mine to be symmetrical and the centre point to be centre of my head. I see way to many transplants that are lop sided and look awful IMO. 

I think I’m in safe hands with Dr Ferreira but I will outline my concerns to him about it before the hairline is designed. 

Edited by Sitries1

• 3 weeks later...

Today I noticed at the barbers when they showed the back there was a light line round my my head. Upon further investigation it looks like too much donor hair loss.  It actually looks a lot worse in real life.Same at other side   7A4CCFE3-0C93-4366-B563-77233738EEB3.thumb.jpeg.64f76ab746a50374f503fac8713be882.jpegthan the photos. E30B396C-449A-4159-82F4-11F73B39974B.thumb.jpeg.ada63b97c033de733a41b79de7eb43e1.jpeg40E263A1-3844-4191-8C75-D1727E514F1C.thumb.jpeg.76c405b4255e66d5f521c69d91c73ed7.jpeg

7C123BFA-E658-45C6-87A9-ABA94632FBA0.jpeg

Edited by deeside81

Around 2 weeks. What annoyed me at the time was the blazeyness of it all. Not getting in contact with me for days after when  a few times  I raised serious concerns. The way it looked and felt I had a feeling this was going to happen. It was for a good 2 months too. There was actually no advice. He just asked what my gp said. My gp was asking me what the surgeon would advise. Was a nightmare tbh. I showed him photos of the hair loss after and he said it should grow back. Is this really worth the near 8k. Hmm I don’t think so.  I know a few folk that have paid a 1/4 of what I paid for and it looks good. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deeside81 said:

And I felt like I was pestering him each time as the replies were 2 sentence emails. 

Big boils in the donor area? Also looking at your post from Dec 4th your donor did have some light patch. 

I would have thought that spraying saline on the boils prevent it from progressing or even prevent them if sprayed all the time.

I would take a breather. The result at the hairline itself looks pretty damn good. I know the density looks off but you did take it in harsh lighting. Are you happy with it? As far as the infection goes I really wonder if that had anything to do with the poor regrowth back there. At the end of the day it healed up. Could just be a case of slight overharvesting instead, no? This is why I'd like to see a photo of the donor post op.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ML488 said:

I would take a breather. The result at the hairline itself looks pretty damn good. I know the density looks off but you did take it in harsh lighting. Are you happy with it? As far as the infection goes I really wonder if that had anything to do with the poor regrowth back there. At the end of the day it healed up. Could just be a case of slight overharvesting instead, no? This is why I'd like to see a photo of the donor post op.

Yes it’s harsh lighting but it seems that all the mirrors I look into have that lighting. So I guess in my head lots of folk are seeing it that way. I have to brush it down so no one would see. Not really ideal.  Isn’t there supposed to be 50 hairs per cm2.  Definitely not that.

Can you please post a photo of the donor area post surgery? Do you have any pictures of when it was infected? 

Quick question that maybe you or someone else can answer. How was the terrain in Espinho? I just had ankle surgery and I'm wondering if it's hilly? I visited several months ago but I took uber to his office and didn't explore anything. I know Porto is very bad but didn't see Espinho much.

Sorry if I'm supposed to start a new thread. Just figured several people looking at this could provide a quick response and not take over the thread. Appreciate it 🙏