Is this still true about Hasson & Wong? They don't use oral Finasteride

Old article: https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/dr-hasson-ditches-oral-finasteride-and-switches-to-topical/

It says they have completely stopped prescribing oral finasteride and instead only provide topical finasteride. They are such a reputed and old center so I think it's a big deal.

One would think they would have published scientific studies from their experience with hundreds of patients, but I couldn't find anything. 

Edited by bald-and-bearded

• bald-and-bearded changed the title to Is this still true about Hasson & Wong? They don't use oral Finasteride
  • Administrators

It’s not true, but they are in the process of developing a topical. Lol at the name of the site. It’s 2021 no cure in site.

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

guilty of reading that site in the good ol days....

I want someone to create a tracker of the top companies working on hair loss cures, and the progress they're making with timelines of next steps... need it in a one stop shop

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

I want someone to create a tracker of the top companies working on hair loss cures, and the progress they're making with timelines of next steps... need it in a one stop shop

That’s actually a good idea. We could pin the topic and keep it updated.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

29 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

There is this https://www.hairlosstalk.com/pipeline/

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s not true, but they are in the process of developing a topical. Lol at the name of the site. It’s 2021 no cure in site.

That's very odd because Hasson himself replies to comments below that post. And there is a clear mention of a topical product made by them. Why are they developing a new one?

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, bald-and-bearded said:

That's very odd because Hasson himself replies to comments below that post. And there is a clear mention of a topical product made by them. Why are they developing a new one?

They’re developing topical dutasteride. I’ll be doing an IG with Dr. Hasson on June 2nd. You’ll be able to ask yourself.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Lol at the name of the site. It’s 2021 no cure in site.

The site started up in 2013 and named that way because surely there would be a cure by 2020. Don't wait around all our life for a cure to come along. Do what you can now.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

They’re developing topical dutasteride. I’ll be doing an IG with Dr. Hasson on June 2nd. You’ll be able to ask yourself.

If I'm not able to watch it live, can you please ask my questions?

"What do you think about topical finasteride? Do you prescribe them to your patients instead of oral finasteride? If topical finasteride is so efficacious and yet has little systemic absorption why isn't it used more widely considering how many people have oral finasteride hesitancy?"

I can remind you when you make a thread closer to the interview.

Thanks Melvin

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Melvin I watched your interview with Dr Wong. Apart from what he now uses his ARTAS robot for 🤣 I thought that his comments on topical dutasteride were very enlightening!

• Administrators
9 hours ago, bald-and-bearded said:

If I'm not able to watch it live, can you please ask my questions?

"What do you think about topical finasteride? Do you prescribe them to your patients instead of oral finasteride? If topical finasteride is so efficacious and yet has little systemic absorption why isn't it used more widely considering how many people have oral finasteride hesitancy?"

I can remind you when you make a thread closer to the interview.

Thanks Melvin

I don’t have to ask them that I already got the answer, they do. Here in my interview with Dr. Wong. Certain countries don’t allow it to be shipped. They’re working on getting it shipped to the US, etc. 

Dr. Wong he says it will be the new gold standard 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/COJn2--HCrt/?igshid=11o363rwdljh7

• Thanks 1

View my thread

24 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I don’t have to ask them that I already got the answer, they do. Here in my interview with Dr. Wong. Certain countries don’t allow it to be shipped. They’re working on getting it shipped to the US, etc. 

Dr. Wong he says it will be the new gold standard 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/COJn2--HCrt/?igshid=11o363rwdljh7

Nice. I wonder how I can get a prescription from them if I'm on the other side of Canada...

Will there be a megathread for the Dr. Hasson instagram live?