1.5 Year African American Hair Transplant (FUE) w/ Dr. Diep

Hey Everyone. Just wanted to share my 1.5 Year update of my FUE with Dr. Diep. I had 2 transplants, with ~5000 grafts total

Was on minoxidil for about 8 years before my first surgery, but hit a plateau around on the 4 year mark. Even after upping the dosage I was still receding horribly. Tried PRP, Laser hair therapy, all of that stuff.

There are still some issues I see with density behind the temples, but there was literally nothing there at all just a few years ago. Still have a very strong donor area, and everything looks good when I keep a haircut every couple of weeks or so. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with where I'm at.

You guys can take a look at the video I made below for a full view if you'd like.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 12.23.36 PM.png

20160901_212347.jpg

20191106_071834.jpg

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing your video here, we now have @Micky597 @Norman Osborne Waves and you have sharer their reviews. This is great as we don’t have as many afro HT reviews. So thank you, great hair btw 🙌🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

You’ve got a great channel man, by any chance do you follow Dallis D? He also went to Diep.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 5/10/2021 at 12:27 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thanks for sharing your video here, we now have @Micky597 @Norman Osborne Waves and you have sharer their reviews. This is great as we don’t have as many afro HT reviews. So thank you, great hair btw 🙌🏼

Thanks alot Melvin! Yeah definitely a good thing to have more results, and I appreciate the support!

16 hours ago, Mark Wolfer said:

Looks great, did Dr. Diep do temple point work for you as well?

Thank you! Yep he brought in my temples as well. We didn't do that for my first procedure so I definitely wanted it done for this one. 

14 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You’ve got a great channel man, by any chance do you follow Dallis D? He also went to Diep.

Thanks man! Yeah I was following Dallis D when he FIRST started making videos years ago. He's had a really long journey with his procedures, but glad to see he's doing pretty well with that last surgery from Diep.

• 1 month later...

MillenialHT. Would you recommend going to Diep or going to HOI? I know a lot of black men go to Asli Tarcan but im afraid of their over harvesting.  Diep quoted me something like 22k and the work i need isn't even all that extensive. HOI said 5800 and Asli said 3500

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, shakeNbake said:

MillenialHT. Would you recommend going to Diep or going to HOI? I know a lot of black men go to Asli Tarcan but im afraid of their over harvesting.  Diep quoted me something like 22k and the work i need isn't even all that extensive. HOI said 5800 and Asli said 3500

You are comparing HOI which is a hair mill with dozens of technicians who do the work to Dr. Diep who does the work himself. I don't think you can compare the two. Now HOI and the other doctor are definitely comparable and in the same league. There is one result here from Dr. Tarcan, you can see for yourself if you think the work is good. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Well, im just looking at results and price a little but mostly results. There are a few botched claims here and there for HOI and a little more for Asli Tarcan, but being a "Hair Mill" with tens of clients per day shouldn't those numbers be far greater?

There are just as many botched claims if not more against Dr. Diep as well as many claims that once he has your money "you're nothing". I work in the surgical field and i've personally seen prominent surgeons with all the accolades that have even been featured in magazines botch surgery after surgery. 

Im not trying to be argumentative. Im just genuinely trying to decide the best option when what i'm seeing is comparable results at way different price points.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, shakeNbake said:

Well, im just looking at results and price a little but mostly results. There are a few botched claims here and there for HOI and a little more for Asli Tarcan, but being a "Hair Mill" with tens of clients per day shouldn't those numbers be far greater?

There are just as many botched claims if not more against Dr. Diep as well as many claims that once he has your money "you're nothing". I work in the surgical field and i've personally seen prominent surgeons with all the accolades that have even been featured in magazines botch surgery after surgery. 

Im not trying to be argumentative. Im just genuinely trying to decide the best option when what i'm seeing is comparable results at way different price points.

I’ve yet to see one afro patient here receive anything other than great results by Diep. Reach out to @Micky597 @Gmoney @Norman Osborne Waves to name a few. Just research HOI and Tarcan here, I’m not gonna tell you anything, you can draw your own conclusions by looking yourself. 

View my thread

I can definitely vouch for Dr. Diep. I had my procedure with him about 11 months ago and I couldn't be happier with my results. Not to mention he is one of the most professional people I've come across and he's really easy to talk to. I highly recommend him.