Cleft Lip transplant- Dr. Taleb Barghouthi- Vertex Hair clinic

Dear community, 

This is a 27 year old gentleman who had a previously repaired Cleft Lip as a child. He had a resulting scar and gap in his upper lip Philtrum. We extracted 288 Fue grafts using a 0.8 mm motorized punch. We dissected them into 496 single and double hairs only and transplanted them. Recipient sites were made using 0.8 and 1.0 mm sapphire blades. 

These are results 5 months after surgery. 

E7CBA38B-2E3C-46DB-8B31-726EB6EF3856.thumb.jpeg.df382a170b32d7e7685cf290191dada1.jpeg

Microlines Fue

E4EA234D-E6AD-4C3F-B7C3-40FCFB7843E1.thumb.jpeg.abe3f16dd5e235dbe8cf2c874ac5221d.jpeg

Microlines Fue

EC099BBC-FB92-4BD0-912E-5348C9D1573A.thumb.jpeg.20f49e3b7e9b137f8074017ecd2d1e1a.jpeg

10 days: 

CC31DDAF-5FEA-4623-9257-113BDD85DF6E.thumb.jpeg.6b17768241e780678cb52b228b0a5c86.jpeg

90C70460-2D5C-41DE-9BB7-400F36F04CFA.thumb.jpeg.785b2ced05a718e7460d4fd197f13e5d.jpeg

A3513AC0-33D8-4BD9-90B5-3F1CD011753D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Valued Contributor

What a massive difference @DrTBarghouthi. It's close to my heart as my father was born with a double hair lip and cleft palate in 1930. He spent the first three years of his life in hospital. Back in his day he was tormented cruelly by his school peers. It's incredibly comforting and exciting to see your work in this area. Thank you for sharing!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Thank you guys for the positive feedback. Yes it is extremely satisfying when something that has been holding a young man or women is finally overcome. Just shows how a small facial scar (although the patient is functionally healthy) can hold you back for years both professionally and on a personal level. Confidence levels can be too low and it is just great when you see this reversed. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thank you guys for the positive feedback. Yes it is extremely satisfying when something that has been holding a young man or women is finally overcome. Just shows how a small facial scar (although the patient is functionally healthy) can hold you back for years both professionally and on a personal level. Confidence levels can be too low and it is just great when you see this reversed. 

Absolutely. It affected my father all his life in terms of functioning socially. He was a brilliant pianist and although he performed publicy many times he gave it up in the end due to the the lack of self esteem.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

This is heart warming stuff, bet he feels like a new man now. It really has made a drastic improvement.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Gatsby said:

It affected my father all his life in terms of functioning socially. He was a brilliant pianist and although he performed publicy many times he gave it up in the end due to the the lack of self esteem.

So sad to hear that.

Can you imagine a better world where people are judged first on personality and their deeds, as opposed to aesthetics...?

What a different place that would be.

Maybe one day we'll get there...

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor
24 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

So sad to hear that.

Can you imagine a better world where people are judged first on personality and their deeds, as opposed to aesthetics...?

What a different place that would be.

Maybe one day we'll get there...

Well said mate! We live in a ‘youth worship’ society. It’s where all the money in marketing is made. 

• Like 1

The transplanted hair blends in seamlessly within the mustache.  If I were this guy I would seriously consider a full beard transplant with you @DrTBarghouthi.  Great work!

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

9 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

The transplanted hair blends in seamlessly within the mustache.  If I were this guy I would seriously consider a full beard transplant with you @DrTBarghouthi.  Great work!

Thank you guys. Yes he does indeed have patches along the beard. Nonetheless, it shows you how sometimes smaller things leave a bigger impact on the person than a wider area of hair loss or typical male pattern baldness. 
I will share some other cases of burn transplants and injuries as I do know it is always good for all of us to stay thankful and reflect on what we have in terms of good health. 

• Like 3

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Amazing work, and agree with everyone that this is uncommon case.

As a Dentist, I know the long lasting effect that some of the people with cleft lip might have, and you really helped that man to avoid big part of those consequences 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Very interesting case and great outcome. Thanks for sharing.

just a question, do any precautions need to be taken when implanting into scar tissue like this? Is yield typically a bit less?

Thank you for the comments. Apart from the usual precautions of trying to maintain an acute exit angle so hairs wont stand vertically, I would usually try to judge the depth of scar tissue in order to try and reach into a more vascular plane in an attempt to increase the blood flow to the grafts. This gentleman had his repairs when he was at a very young age (usually in the first months-year of life). Therefore the scar is very well mature. I also attempt to make an account of reduced yield so I tend to slightly add more grafts in an area. Probably around 10% more. 

• Like 2

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram