Thoughts On Collagen ?

• Administrators

Collagen as a supplement? Powder form or pill? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that ingesting collagen will increase your body's production of it. I think that Tretinoin for its potential to improve localized production in your skin (not controversial) and increasing your growth hormone/ IGF-1 levels (controversial) are effective. 

8 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

Unfortunately, I don't believe that ingesting collagen will increase your body's production of it. I think that Tretinoin for its potential to improve localized production in your skin (not controversial) and increasing your growth hormone/ IGF-1 levels (controversial) are effective. 

Thanks PW, I've never heard of Tretinoin, I'll have to look into that one. What are the positive effects you've noticed from using Tretinoin ? 

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, NewHare said:

Hi Melvin, 

Yes, as a supplement in powder form.  

I've taken collagen peptides before. It may help with aging, but I don't think it does anything for hair loss.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I've taken collagen peptides before. It may help with aging, but I don't think it does anything for hair loss.

I don't believe it works against hair loss per se, it supposedly reduces breakage, strengthens and speeds up growth.

At least that's what they claim.  When you were using it did you notice any of the above ?

I take a Collagen supplement, think it’s more on improving with skin and scalp rather than the hair itself. The way I see it, even if it helps only 1% it’s worth it, worse case scenario I’ll have nice skin 😀

• 4 weeks later...