Dr Arshad - 2247 grafts

GB1

• Valued Contributor
27 minutes ago, aKaWonderKid said:

I get all that but personally I'd feel a bit better having it in my own country where I can go home same day... after your op its all about resting. I wouldn't be able to rest too much knowing when I get home, if sometbing goes wrong them I'm screwed.

Whatever people say, clinics cant help you an awful lot if you're in another country unless you fly out to see them

If something goes wrong, in most cases you’re “screwed” for 12 months anyway - there’s nothing that can be done. 

If you’re worried about infection or something then you can always stick around a couple days post op wherever you are. 

The thing to remember is… The better the clinic, the less risk of something going wrong. 

If I could have afforded the best clinic on the UK (probably Dr Reddy) then I’d have been on the first train or flight to Belgium. Total no brainer. 

• Like 2

I agree with WONDERKID hence I chose Dr Arshad

Following on from this thread, I would say I had that ONLY ONE bad experience with them during the POST/RECOVERY time where that one incident of that phone call that really riled me up. Before, During and after in their own clinic I have no complaints.

As for my hair, as long as it comes out right of course I won't even care about the staff member showing me bad attitude - at the end of the day results matter. 

As of now I would say there is progress from before I went there, I am in just over Month 4. I'm hoping for this month and the next to def. see some results and new movement. As of now I do see progress, at the same time I also see some gaps which I'm obviously hoping is nothing to be concerned about and I do now it's still early. Month 5 and 6 I should have a better idea and of course in my thread I will update.

Like I said also, it's not nice seeing more and more people complain from the same place i went to around the same place I went to.

On the other hand, if the results come in as expected and promised and hoped for, I will have no issues and will of course go back to these guys and recommend too.

28 minutes ago, New_Barnet_Please said:

Well you’d stay in a hotel so get checked out the day after surgery to make sure everything is as expected. What do you mean by “if something goes wrong” and “help you”? Once the grafts are placed in the operation it’s kind of a done thing.

This is correct - @aKaWonderKidI understand you'd much rather be able to jump in the car, drive to wherever you're having it done and then be home the same night. That would be nice and easy, and obviously you're not alone in that; I'm sure everyone would much rather do this than have to fly to a foreign country, have a HT, rest up in a hotel for a few days and then have to travel back looking like a circus freak.

However, it's really best to base the decision off of skill and not convenience - this will be your hair forever, if it goes tits up or ends up underwhelming, trust me, the consequences of that pale in comparison to just having to travel for your HT and being out your comfort zone a bit in the process. Once all is said and done, it's a couple days, you're back home before you know it and it's all behind you - at this point you can relax knowing you genuinely picked whoever you thought was best and not someone just because they were down the road or nearby.

Also, as New Barnet says, there really isn't a great deal to go wrong, and if it does, there's not a great deal to be done. The only thing that realistically can happen and cause major issues is some sort of infection post op, but all your surgeon is going to be able to do is prescribe antibiotics in this case and maybe clean the area a little. Just stay for few days if you're concerned so that if anything does happen, you can go right to the clinic and see the doctor. I was literally a 2 minute walk from my clinic in Porto and the doctor gave me his personal number to contact at any time if needed, so I was covered in this department if necessary.

But either way, what I'm saying is, if something goes wrong to the point 'you're screwed', then it would have to be fairly bad and you'd be up shits creek whether you were at home or abroad to be honest. Something like a serious or nasty infection is going to do whatever its going to do, not like you can just visit the doc and he will fix it on the spot and make everything ok...

Best of luck anyway, but don't convince yourself to stay here for a HT with illogical rationales just so you can feel more comfortable and stay in the UK; you'll thank yourself in the long run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JDEE0 said:

This is correct - @aKaWonderKidI understand you'd much rather be able to jump in the car, drive to wherever you're having it done and then be home the same night. That would be nice and easy, and obviously you're not alone in that; I'm sure everyone would much rather do this than have to fly to a foreign country, have a HT, rest up in a hotel for a few days and then have to travel back looking like a circus freak.

However, it's really best to base the decision off of skill and not convenience - this will be your hair forever, if it goes tits up or ends up underwhelming, trust me, the consequences of that pale in comparison to just having to travel for your HT and being out your comfort zone a bit in the process. Once all is said and done, it's a couple days, you're back home before you know it and it's all behind you - at this point you can relax knowing you genuinely picked whoever you thought was best and not someone just because they were down the road or nearby.

Also, as New Barnet says, there really isn't a great deal to go wrong, and if it does, there's not a great deal to be done. The only thing that realistically can happen and cause major issues is some sort of infection post op, but all your surgeon is going to be able to do is prescribe antibiotics in this case and maybe clean the area a little. Just stay for few days if you're concerned so that if anything does happen, you can go right to the clinic and see the doctor. I was literally a 2 minute walk from my clinic in Porto and the doctor gave me his personal number to contact at any time if needed, so I was covered in this department if necessary.

But either way, what I'm saying is, if something goes wrong to the point 'you're screwed', then it would have to be fairly bad and you'd be up shits creek whether you were at home or abroad to be honest. Something like a serious or nasty infection is going to do whatever its going to do, not like you can just visit the doc and he will fix it on the spot and make everything ok...

Best of luck anyway, but don't convince yourself to stay here for a HT with illogical rationales just so you can feel more comfortable and stay in the UK; you'll thank yourself in the long run.

Hi,

interesting post. 

If the main issue is infection post surgery and we aren’t seeing this in those whom have had bad results. 

What is causing this issue with poor results coming from HairDr?

4 minutes ago, Dark said:

Hi,

interesting post. 

If the main issue is infection post surgery and we aren’t seeing this in those whom have had bad results. 

Definitely this ! We are all wondering exactly why some of the results are poor. The occasional one is kind of expected from any Dr/Clinic. But it should not be happening on a regular basis. And a few of these were around the same period. So what changed ? Previously I liked the results I was seeing, and then there seemed a shift in to results which were not achieving good growth, and quite a few. Some are still ok, but to me the risk isn’t worth it until we find out what’s happening. 

1 minute ago, JC71 said:

Definitely this ! We are all wondering exactly why some of the results are poor. The occasional one is kind of expected from any Dr/Clinic. But it should not be happening on a regular basis. And a few of these were around the same period. So what changed ? Previously I liked the results I was seeing, and then there seemed a shift in to results which were not achieving good growth, and quite a few. Some are still ok, but to me the risk isn’t worth it until we find out what’s happening. 

you guys are scaring me for my one now - i hope i don't have issues like others

4 minutes ago, Dark said:

Hi,

interesting post. 

Hi,

I don't mean that infection is the main reason for a bad result, most people don't have any infection after a HT (unless they go to a cheap, unhygienic clinic, although it does happen regardless of where you go from time to time). I was just saying that in response to AKAwonderkid stating that he would rather stay home because he'll be screwed if something goes wrong and he's not near the clinic. There's not much else to go immediately wrong post op that you'd need medical attention for is my point.

As I say, most people don't suffer an infection of any kind after a HT, whether they have good results or bad. Most poor results are down to poor handling of the grafts or poor extraction/implantation techniques, all of which can damage the follicles ability to produce hair.

Beyond this, some people just don't respond well to surgery for reasons unknown; it is a surgery moving living 'organs' at the end of the day, it's unpredictable and some peoples physiology might just mean that the grafts struggle to survive outside the body, to re-establish blood supply, and so on. No one really knows in these cases. Although I think these instances are fairly rare and the vast majority of poor growth does have a cause.

Beyond this, there are diseases and conditions that make the conditions of the scalp very hostile for growth; different t forms scarring alopecia are a prime example. As far as what is causing the issues with results from the Hair Dr, I have no idea and could only deduce its something to do with their techniques seeing as there's a trend of poor results.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

you guys are scaring me for my one now - i hope i don't have issues like others

Please don’t worry, from what I can see yours is absolutely fine and growth has already started to kick off. It’s not happening everytime, just more than it should. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

To be fair, we don’t have clear comparisons of the actual growth. The pictures are with the hairline spread apart, or an acute angle. I don’t think it’s fair to jump on the hate bandwagon, especially with these types of photos.

Op my advice is to return to the clinic, tell them how you feel and have them take proper photos in the same lighting and angles. That way we can compare 🍎 to 🍎. As I’ve mentioned several times, almost every procedure looks poor yield spread apart. That’s why I created this

Now as for Dr. Arshad, I’ve had several conversations with him in great detail. I have never met a surgeon more determined to make his patients happy, and believe me he’s in this for all the right reasons. I have always prided our forum to be as fair and balanced as possible, thinking critically. There simply isn’t enough to comment whether the results are good or bad with the quality of photos presented. The before pictures are completely different angles and much better quality.

I think it’s prudent to request the same angles and quality from the clinic, to fairly compare. The top photo certainly looks spread apart, but we all know doing this will make a good result look bad. The bottom photo is a bit better but the angle is too sharp and cuts out a big chunk of the hairline. There’s a few centimeters that was transplanted, but these pictures show half of that.  

FBFF3644-11E1-4C0F-85D2-9F46AC4E49DE.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

No other angles are required - It is perfectly clear to even a novice on these boards that no where near 2200 grafts have grown in. 

Unfortunately a doctors enthusiasm for always wishing the very best outcomes for his patients, as nice as that is, doesn't compensate for lack of execution, which is IMO what has been consistently cropping up from this clinic over the last 12 months. 

I'd expect to see those comparative pictures between pre surgery and 3 months post op. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

To be fair, we don’t have clear comparisons of the actual growth. The pictures are with the hairline spread apart, or an acute angle. I don’t think it’s fair to jump on the hate bandwagon, especially with these types of photos.

Op my advice is to return to the clinic, tell them how you feel and have them take proper photos in the same lighting and angles. That way we can compare 🍎 to 🍎. As I’ve mentioned several times, almost every procedure looks poor yield spread apart. That’s why I created this

Now as for Dr. Arshad, I’ve had several conversations with him in great detail. I have never met a surgeon more determined to make his patients happy, and believe me he’s in this for all the right reasons. I have always prided our forum to be as fair and balanced as possible, thinking critically. There simply isn’t enough to comment whether the results are good or bad with the quality of photos presented. The before pictures are completely different angles and much better quality.

I think it’s prudent to request the same angles and quality from the clinic, to fairly compare. The top photo certainly looks spread apart, but we all know doing this will make a good result look bad. The bottom photo is a bit better but the angle is too sharp and cuts out a big chunk of the hairline. There’s a few centimeters that was transplanted, but these pictures show half of that.  

FBFF3644-11E1-4C0F-85D2-9F46AC4E49DE.jpeg

I mean, Melvin, c'mon - look at the right side of his hairline in the last bottom right picture and zoom in. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see he's had very poor growth, that's not even up for debate in my mind, you can literally see the roots of each hair strand and it's objectively visible he has anywhere from 0-10 grafts or even hairs per cm/2 in the area he was previously slick bald in. Nearly 2300 grafts in an area of this size is more than enough for very good density.

And yes, I do very much agree with you when people spread their hairline to distort the result its very unfair and not representative of the result in general, but I don't think that's what's happening here... I think OP was just trying to show his hair in different ways. But yes OP, please post more pics  brushed fully back, just for the sake of complete fairness. Although the bottom right isn't really spread apart and is pulled back and you can see the roots of the hair like I say...

I know you like the guy Melvin, and I'm sure he is nice enough and it's probably not pleasant to call him or his practices out, but it's not really fair to defend a result like this and say stuff like hate bandwagon, I'm sure if you were this guy you would have no issues saying this is about as crap as a result gets with this area and amount of grafts. And those comments would probably piss you off if you were in his shoes too.

If there will be no review of his membership or anything similar even with people voicing their concerns, then well it's out of our hands and I don't want to beat a dead horse, so I'll just leave it at that.

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 9

Melvin,

With the greatest of respect to you can I politely say I was slightly taken back when reading your comment. 
I personally do not think there is any hate wagon towards this clinic at all just honest opinions on good and poor results and sadly for a fair few patients there have been poor results. 
I have no doubt whatsoever that the Dr and the staff at the clinic are nice genuine people who really care about the patients and are in it for the right reasons but ultimately it’s about results. You are far more knowledgeable than myself but I would be amazed if these photos are re taken as your request and it make the result look better . For me it’s clear to see it’s poor and if I was this guy I would be slightly annoyed in the suggestions regarding the images. 
sadly this is one of a number bad results which are being posted not only here but other forums. 
I really hope the clinic do start producing consistent good work as before this spell things looked to be going well for them. 
I also notice that there are a number of patients being offered free top ups, surely this confirms the result is not good enough. Yes it shows these are there to get you the result you want and they are good people who don’t turn there back on you but to need to go back and use more precious grafts- personally I would be gutted.

• Like 5

• Administrators

Guys,

I am not defending any result. I’m being perfectly honest. These images are poor in quality and do not match the before pictures we were given. I think it’s fair to ask for comparable shots. Just because I don’t agree and say it’s bad right off the bat doesn’t mean I’m defending it. I’m saying I don’t have a fair comparison to comment. I have no problems calling out a poor result if it’s poor. Again, I think it’s best to reach out to the clinic and have updated pictures taken with the same angles so we can compare. 

onwards,

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Only just seen the responses. On manipulating my hair on pics, this is nonsense. Not trying to show a worse result. I’ve had it longish mainly to cover area as I did pre HT so all I’ve done in pics  is hold back the hair which would fall over transplanted area. The pics show the genuine growth and not overlapping native hair. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 1:02 AM, GB1 said:

Only just seen the responses. On manipulating my hair on pics, this is nonsense. Not trying to show a worse result. I’ve had it longish mainly to cover area as I did pre HT so all I’ve done in pics  is hold back the hair which would fall over transplanted area. The pics show the genuine growth and not overlapping native hair. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the photos you are showing, it is clear even to someone who have not seen a transplant ever that this is a extremely poor result, we are talking about probably less than 20% yield. 

I would advise going to another clinic even if you get another free surgery offered by them, try to get your money back instead, I have seen so many poor results from this clinic on this forum, Facebook groups and on other forums for the past year it is ridiculous. Almost every case needs a free top up in the best case scenario.

I hope you the result you want in the end, dont give up, it was "only" 2k grafts wasted.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 2

@GB1 I'm trying to think of ways for you to best style and live with this in the interim until you can get this resolved (whenever that may be)

I think growing out these grafts makes you look worse than your natural state. 

During your weekly shave or whatever, I would be trimming down these grafts as short as possible (maybe even shaving them, not sure if that negatively effects the grafts though)

That will hide the botched result to a good extent. 

The good news is that, while you are conspiciously balding in your natural state and that would bother me as well, I don't think its an unnattractive level of balding at all. 

And your forelock/center seems to be quite strong still. 

So, with some extra time spent grooming, I don't think youll look any worse than your baseline state. 

• 2 weeks later...