Gotta say, after *almost* 4.5 months I'm pretty THRILLED w/ results from Dr. K

• Administrators
4 hours ago, champybaby said:

To anyone still following, thought I'd share a six month update. I was happy with how it looked in month 5, though the increase in thickness in month 6 has me thrilled. I can get out of the shower, towel dry my hair and have it looks like this in about a minute (how pic was taken).

Picture taken in different bathroom (I moved). I believe the light here is harsher. About 1500 grafts placed in back. Obviously ecstatic with results. Hated covering up the crown ...

I also placed 400 beard in my FUT scar on March 31. Will have full write up that procedure, as well as this one, once everything is "complete." fwiw!

IMG-3745.jpg

Wow that’s incredible 🤯

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, WildBlueberry said:

Wow. Can’t wait to see your beard to scar update. How many beard grafts do you have remaining? Does the scarring there show?

About 2K-2.5K left in beard and another 2K-2.5K left for FUE. I had two FUT procedures, though I don't have an issue with the scarring/showing (see attached; taken maybe 2 months ago). It's my opinion that getting the scar filled is just part of the cost of having two FUTs. It's also long term planning.

I'm going to lose more hair as I age; it's inevitable. I'd like the option to crop hair short if/when that happens. Also, not going to lie, but I miss having the sides shaved down shorter. You can do a lot more in terms of style.

IMG-2922.thumb.jpg.0ecdca16ece986040540be272f85220d.jpg

Edited by champybaby

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

8 hours ago, champybaby said:

About 2K-2.5K left in beard and another 2K-2.5K left for FUE. I had two FUT procedures, though I don't have an issue with the scarring/showing (see attached; taken maybe 2 months ago). It's my opinion that getting the scar filled is just part of the cost of having two FUTs. It's also long term planning.

I'm going to lose more hair as I age; it's inevitable. I'd like the option to crop hair short if/when that happens. Also, not going to lie, but I miss having the sides shaved down shorter. You can do a lot more in terms of style.

IMG-2922.thumb.jpg.0ecdca16ece986040540be272f85220d.jpg

Nice! Thank you. 2.5k left in beard is great. Does he only take from under the chin/jaw? 

• 3 months later...

Post haircut; directly under bright lighting; 281 days, or about 9.2 months.

An update to anyone still following this. Before pic taken ~Nov. 2019. Doesn't do the difference justice. The back used to be really bad. Concealer pretty much stopped working as it would fall out of my hair/had nothing to latch onto.

TBH, I've sorta stopped capturing monthly progress. Sign of a great HT, I suppose. I believe about ~1500 were placed in the back.

On an unrelated note ... I was at at a party talking to two girls recently. One of them was asking me out on a date. She was complaining how "all the guys on Hinge/dating apps are bald." Felt good to hear that haha. Not for my bald brothers, of course, but more so that she was indirectly saying I was not bald. I used to be bald. Any who.

IMG_4647.thumb.JPG.d354d4bfd89216b1e10b2525d9032f9c.JPG

22689894_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_14_05AM.png.478401954a409d13529e2d8ceb6a1bef.png

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, champybaby said:

Post haircut; directly under bright lighting; 281 days, or about 9.2 months.

An update to anyone still following this. Before pic taken ~Nov. 2019. Doesn't do the difference justice. The back used to be really bad. Concealer pretty much stopped working as it would fall out of my hair/had nothing to latch onto.

TBH, I've sorta stopped capturing monthly progress. Sign of a great HT, I suppose. I believe about ~1500 were placed in the back.

On an unrelated note ... I was at at a party talking to two girls recently. One of them was asking me out on a date. She was complaining how "all the guys on Hinge/dating apps are bald." Felt good to hear that haha. Not for my bald brothers, of course, but more so that she was indirectly saying I was not bald. I used to be bald. Any who.

IMG_4647.thumb.JPG.d354d4bfd89216b1e10b2525d9032f9c.JPG

22689894_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_14_05AM.png.478401954a409d13529e2d8ceb6a1bef.png

My man killing it haha. Yea the dating apps absolutely kill you if you’re bald. Konior the crown king 3C1E1C78-F77A-436C-8889-74D59676B714.jpeg

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Woooooow! Absolutely incredible. I know how good that feeling is, and very happy for you. Thanks for the updates.  

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

On 5/5/2021 at 5:48 AM, champybaby said:

To anyone still following, thought I'd share a six month update. I was happy with how it looked in month 5, though the increase in thickness in month 6 has me thrilled. I can get out of the shower, towel dry my hair and have it looks like this in about a minute (how pic was taken).

Picture taken in different bathroom (I moved). I believe the light here is harsher. About 1500 grafts placed in back. Obviously ecstatic with results. Hated covering up the crown ...

I also placed 400 beard in my FUT scar on March 31. Will have full write up that procedure, as well as this one, once everything is "complete." fwiw!

IMG-3745.jpg

Wow, truly a life altering result. congrats!

I am curious as to what prompted you to have grafts placed into your FUT scar. Is the scar noticeable? Did it stretch? Do you want to wear your hair shorter? Are you worried that your loss will progress to the point that you may need to shave your head? 

2 minutes ago, yesplease said:

Wow, truly a life altering result. congrats!

I am curious as to what prompted you to have grafts placed into your FUT scar. Is the scar noticeable? Did it stretch? Do you want to wear your hair shorter? Are you worried that your loss will progress to the point that you may need to shave your head? 

Sorry, I missed your post where you answer a few of these questions. 

1 hour ago, yesplease said:

Sorry, I missed your post where you answer a few of these questions. 

I am going to lose more hair as I age, including a percent of the grafts I had placed on top of my head. It's inevitable given my hair loss, which I'd peg at either a NW5/NW6. Eventually, when I'm much older, I'd like to have the option to crop both the sides and top nice and short, tight. I'm in a position to afford it and w/ Covid, it made recovery a lot easier (eight days and it's like nothing ever happened). I also miss cutting the sides a bit shorter; you can do a lot more in terms of style with that. Not to mention, I have like 3K beard to pull from + another 2500 in the bank of natural hairs. As Dr. K told me, "You've game planned this right so you'll always have a full head of hair." In other words, filling in the scar is future proofing my HT. People need to realize that in the majority of cases, a HT is not a one-and-done procedure. I imagine I have 2-3 more to go in my life time.

In re: to the scar, I've come up on four months now with filling in the scar and things are coming in nicely. It grows a lot slower, I'm told, though the hairs that are growing are long, not stubbly.

Edit: Didn't answer these questions:

Is the scar noticeable? Did it stretch? Do you want to wear your hair shorter? Are you worried that your loss will progress to the point that you may need to shave your head? 

The scar was not noticeable if I cut my hair a certain length; see picture above with me in front of TV. In terms of stretching, that's hard to say. I want to say it did, but very, very minor, after the second procedure. I attribute this to jumping back in the gym a bit too early and doing deadlifts. See my initial comment to answer final question 😃

Edited by champybaby

3 minutes ago, champybaby said:

I avoid standing under bright lighting like the plaque. But now, while I still avoid it, sometimes I have to and I feel way more confident in my appearance. fwiw

I know you mean like the plague 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, champybaby said:

I am going to lose more hair as I age, including a percent of the grafts I had placed on top of my head. It's inevitable given my hair loss, which I'd peg at either a NW5/NW6. Eventually, when I'm much older, I'd like to have the option to crop both the sides and top nice and short, tight. I'm in a position to afford it and w/ Covid, it made recovery a lot easier (eight days and it's like nothing ever happened). I also miss cutting the sides a bit shorter; you can do a lot more in terms of style with that. Not to mention, I have like 3K beard to pull from + another 2500 in the bank of natural hairs. As Dr. K told me, "You've game planned this right so you'll always have a full head of hair." In other words, filling in the scar is future proofing my HT. People need to realize that in the majority of cases, a HT is not a one-and-done procedure. I imagine I have 2-3 more to go in my life time.

In re: to the scar, I've come up on four months now with filling in the scar and things are coming in nicely. It grows a lot slower, I'm told, though the hairs that are growing are long, not stubbly.

Edit: Didn't answer these questions:

The scar was not noticeable if I cut my hair a certain length; see picture above with me in front of TV. In terms of stretching, that's hard to say. I want to say it did, but very, very minor, after the second procedure. I attribute this to jumping back in the gym a bit too early and doing deadlifts. See my initial comment to answer final question 😃

Thanks for all the extra info.

How does the scarring look where the beard grafts were harvested from?

5 hours ago, yesplease said:

Thanks for all the extra info.

How does the scarring look where the beard grafts were harvested from?

I legit haven't noticed a thing. I'll post something maybe in another 2-3 months.

15 hours ago, shadowcast said:

Nice results. How many months before you saw first regrowth?

At 90 days, it seemed like nothing was happening. At 4.5 months there was a big difference and I was able to style nicely with use of concealer. At 9 months I want to say I've reached full results. But Idk. Could even make a case for eight months.

1 hour ago, champybaby said:

At 90 days, it seemed like nothing was happening. At 4.5 months there was a big difference and I was able to style nicely with use of concealer. At 9 months I want to say I've reached full results. But Idk. Could even make a case for eight months.

Thanks. I'm at 1.5 months and no matter how many times I read stuff like this, it still almost seems impossible that I could have hair in 3 months

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 5:09 AM, shadowcast said:

Thanks. I'm at 1.5 months and no matter how many times I read stuff like this, it still almost seems impossible that I could have hair in 3 months

Lol. I understand the feeling, but TRUST! :) It's all part of the process - and not seeing any results at 1.5 months is exactly what should be happening. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators
On 8/17/2021 at 5:09 AM, shadowcast said:

It’s easier said than done, but trust me this will seem like a distant future.

View my thread

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2021 at 5:18 PM, champybaby said:

Hey all — just a friendly heads up this is not a review and that I won't be posting updates, additional pics, etc etc. I'll do that when everything is complete, which is probably another 7-10 months from now (I'll be filling in my scar w/ Dr. K in about 3-6 weeks from now).

Any who. Just got my first real haircut since procedure. I previously had gotten two haircuts, but went to low key small ethnic barber shops to mostly clean up sides, etc, for Zoom calls. I went back to my barber for this one (makes a huge difference). That said, I gotta say I'm thrilled with results so far. And I don't think the real magic will happen for another 2 months or so. Dr. K legit changed my life. Just look at where I was about 10 years ago to where I am today. Also got a hot date this weekend, too 😁

I've been taking meds since my first procedure I want to say nine years ago? First procedure tackled frontal half, FUT, 4400 graphs or so in 2012. Second procedure was in Nov. 2020 and placed about 1500 in back and 1000 in front. Meds work wonders but eventually, the back caught up to me and when it went it pretty much all went out the door. I'm currently using concealer for the back, but that's legit a five minute ordeal now. I'm confident that it's going to come in looking great. Still, for about 4 months the back has come in strong (It's been 127 days since procedure, though picture below is 120 days, or four months). Also included is a 90 day pic from the back to give you guys an idea of where I was previously at. Front has certainly been coming in at a much faster rate. Sometimes, I swear, that I notice growth when I go to bed when compared to the morning. Maybe eyes playing tricks?

I've been thinking about what a "great HT" means ... The description I came up with is this: "A great HT means you can style your hair, walk out the door with full confidence that you look good, in five minutes or less." I also took pics out in the sun today and the realization hit me that Dr. K legit delivered and gave me what I hoped for. Anyway. Dr. K is the best in the world. Thanks for looking.

EDIT: I should note, that's harsh lighting for these pics.

381165062_Viewrecentphotos.thumb.jpeg.dd14548f25731783b0b96933978a1800.jpeg

460228763_FrontDry.thumb.JPG.d350e360e981f2c074a1c955f2b7fcee.JPG

IMG_2579.thumb.jpeg.a57073133f0773ed8f422e74058b3a24.jpeg687712788_120days.thumb.jpeg.824bb6ca352c5b247831797db8784c51.jpeg63590257_90days.thumb.jpeg.860a394796a01f530ff4e693928564a7.jpeg

That’s an amazing hairline! Incredible results. Is the top down shot final result? Basically it all looks stellar!