Which will be the first HT surgeon to accept Bitcoin...?

Interesting question. We do accept BTC and I think some other clinics might too. Not sure who though. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

Interesting topic, cryptocurrency is on the rise no doubt. It’s only a matter of time. Banks take so much off international transactions and currency exchanges. Cryptocurrency makes a lot more sense.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Interesting question. We do accept BTC and I think some other clinics might too. Not sure who though. 

Nice! I’ll pay you with BTC for my exosome treatment in a few months then! 😂

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Only a matter of time now before the big dogs jump aboard - Netflix, Amazon, Facebook etc...

if / once they are in, its going to become much more normalised, and i then imagine many HT surgeons will follow...

I think the major tech companies are opposed to it, as they’re allied with big banks. Why would we bother doing currency exchanges when we could use cryptocurrency. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

7 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I think the major tech companies are opposed to it

Perhaps for now, but with Tesla, Microsoft, Starbucks, and Paypal on board, to name a few, it's a fair bet that other big ones will follow (or at least that's what i hope).

In my opinion, the toothpaste is out of the tube and it's not going back in any time soon

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Perhaps for now, but with Tesla, Microsoft, Starbucks, and Paypal on board, to name a few, it's a fair bet that other big ones will follow (or at least that's what i hope).

In my opinion, the toothpaste is out of the tube and it's not going back in any time soon

I hope so, it will make hair transplants so much more seamless. None or this traveling with thousands of dollars in cash because of currency exchanges or wire fees.

• Like 2

View my thread

The big problem with BTC is that the fees are huge and it's kind of a crap coin that serves as a hedge or a store of wealth with limited practical applications as a currency. Terrible fees, transaction times and well... Losing all your money cause you forgot your private key are big concerns lol. Imagine having your grandma with Alzheimers trying to handle a crypto wallet.

Meanwhile, the other currency replacement coins don't have the name brand, widespread adoption or accessibility (things like trading pairs) that BTC has. 

For crypto to be viable, you need a combination of adoption and practicality. BTC is missing practicality while other coins are lacking adoption and maybe even infrastructure. 

BTC transaction fees are cheap. Last month I transferred almost $70k for $4 in fees. It takes about an hour to get 3 confirmations, which is much faster than it took to wire $1,000 to HLC for my deposit, whish was over 24 hours and it cost me $25.

I'll politely disagree with the idea that it's a crap coin, considering its chart and the money I've made from it and from some top alts. If you're worried about your keys, find a custodial service. And BTC isn't designed to be a currency to buy coffee with. It's a store of value, which is why it's called digital gold. 

I recommend reading The Bitcoin Standard. It's a great way to understand what "money" is and why Bitcoin will coexist with fiat and in many cases replace it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Do you know if any customers have paid for their procedure with it yet?

We had one guy who was about to but for some reason decided not to in the end. I must say that turned out to be a better decision for him considering the current rise in prices of BTC. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

17 hours ago, MachoVato said:

BTC transaction fees are cheap. Last month I transferred almost $70k for $4 in fees. It takes about an hour to get 3 confirmations, which is much faster than it took to wire $1,000 to HLC for my deposit, whish was over 24 hours and it cost me $25.

I'll politely disagree with the idea that it's a crap coin, considering its chart and the money I've made from it and from some top alts. If you're worried about your keys, find a custodial service. And BTC isn't designed to be a currency to buy coffee with. It's a store of value, which is why it's called digital gold. 

I recommend reading The Bitcoin Standard. It's a great way to understand what "money" is and why Bitcoin will coexist with fiat and in many cases replace it.

I agree with you. I’m glad you came across that book. A second cousin of mine is the author and I think it is a great resource. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

4 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I agree with you. I’m glad you came across that book. A second cousin of mine is the author and I think it is a great resource. 

Wow, how cool! It's a vey well written book. I should read it again.

BTC was $15k when I had my procedure in November. It's over $57k right now. I'm glad I didn't use it to pay for my transplant! haha

On 3/10/2021 at 11:02 PM, MachoVato said:

It's still a crap coin because there are coins that can transfer $70k for $0 in fees in 0 minutes. I can send an etransfer (not that I can transfer 70k) and have it hit someone's bank account in 0 minutes (ignoring the time it takes to clear). And 1 hour? That's not counting the time it takes for your money to hit the exchange after depositing and then getting it converted back to fiat.  An hour and $4 is pretty crap compared to the better technology that exists out there. If you aren't even beating existing technology in this regard, then it's definitely pretty poor at anything it's seeking to do. BTC introduced things like an immutable blockchain which is revolutionary from a tech perspective but compared to modern tech and modern coins it's just subpar in every regard. There are dozens of coins that do everything BTC does but better. Faster transaction times, lower fees, and higher security. And neither does BTC offer a winning combination of these 3 things. All it has is first mover advantage and adoption.

The idea that you're making money off of it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good coin anymore than people making money off GameStop mean GME is a great company/stock. BTCs only advantage over its competitors is in it's first mover advantage. You can make money on tons of terrible investments by participating in pump and dumps, bubbles and various questionable investments but that's not gonna make them any better. Everyone loves to talk about how much money they made on X investment when it's flaming hot but they never talk about how they lost 2/3rds of their money when it crashed back in 17' or 13'. BTC goes up and BTC goes down... It's the natural order of things. Every time BTC goes up, we have people claiming how it's gonna hit 1 million or X amount and change the world only to have BTC crash again after a few months and people experience 5, 6, or 7 figure losses. You should see how much people lost on some alt coins if you were around then lol. Everyone was a crypto expert back in 17' lol and everyone thought they were about to change the world. 

As for the BTC standard... Have you read any books on finance such as the "Intelligent Investor" which basically forms the foundation of value investing? I'm well aware of what fiat currency is and I know the usual arguments behind why people like BTC. I've invested in multiple cryptos before and I know quite well what fiat is and the arguments behind why people claim BTC can replace it. I've been in crypto for well over 5 years. At the end of the day, the argument boils down to the fact that you need everyone to accept BTC as a replacement/alternative to traditional fiat currencies like the USD. But how are you going to get all this widespread adoption when BTC is probably one of the worse coins out there? I consider myself a bit of a value investor in that I like to invest in sound technologies and sound businesses. You know, Benjamin Graham and the "Intelligent Investor" kinda thing. I like companies or in this case coins with a sound competitive advantage over its competitors. To me, BTCs competitors are other cryptos and fiat. It doesn't have the widespread acceptance of fiat, and neither is it as good of a currency replacement as faster/cheaper coins. Its only advantage is being the most well known coin/first mover advantage. AKA It's the coin that people buy into because it has name recognition. So not necessarily a bad advantage (otherwise, it wouldn't be the most valuable coin) but to me it just isn't enough to actually beat out fiat currency. As a consumer, why would I ever use BTC? Like if I'm sending someone money, it's so much more efficient to send fiat or just about any other coin than BTC. For Forex? Well Norberts gambit exists so I can Forex millions of dollars for like 10 bucks if I wanted to. 

Also, it's debatable how good it is as a store of value. BTC is way too volatile. So you're literally going from record breaking highs to losing 2/3rds of your wealth every few years. I know I've seen a couple valleys and a couple peaks during my time with BTC. I'm not just in crypto because I'm riding the crypto bandwagon like everyone who's heard about it on the news the last few months. I've been around crypto long enough to take everything I read on it with a grain of salt. Does it have any sort of competitive advantage as a store of value? There are a bunch of coins that are deflationary (aka there's a finite supply) so it's not like BTC has an advantage there. But I still don't see the part where BTC transitions from something that you pray holds its value into something that has actual real world applications. For the record, I really like crypto, but I think you're mistaken to think BTC is anything more than a speculative investment. If it was released today, people would laugh it off for how terrible of a coin it is.

I'm in financial tech so you know... It's literally my job to know about investments and it's literally my job to know about things like blockchain especially since being aware of what's going on around you is invaluable especially in tech. You kinda have to predict the market in tech and jump on hot technologies.

Custodial services pretty much compromise the security of your holdings. With establishments like banks, you'll at least see the government back you up with certain things like the FDIC. With BTC, if someone hacks the custodial service then it's goodbye money. Also, good luck having a hacker walk away with a detached home lol.

Edited by deeznuts