Spotting Fake Reviews

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

I have seen some shocking things this past month, not too long ago I saw a clinic schill post a guarantee certificate. Let me remind everyone of the community, there are NO GUARANTEES!! If someone is giving you a guarantee they are misleading you. 

If you're researching a hair transplant surgeon and you see a bunch of reviews like this, with 5 star rating, no pictures and one review under their name, that is a HUUUUUGGGGGGEEEE RED FLAG! Any clinic that offers their patients 'unlimited' grafts is also a HUGE red flag. This is why i'm so adamant about anyone interested in researching hair transplants to join this forum, because here you get REAL information. The good, bad, and ugly. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 5.09.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 5.09.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 5.09.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 5.09.38 PM.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

My favorite comment from these fake reviews are, "I just had my procedure yesterday and I love the results!" Ummm, dude... you had the procedure yesterday, there are no results. 

• Like 4

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

it can also happen that many young people are enthusiastic about how they were received in the clinic, many smiles, excellent hotels, fantastic transfers aboard brand new Mercededes, and, convinced by the pseudo clinics, when return home, they post their reviews  five stars, but after a year, or maybe even less, they realize the mistake they made.

Great points. Unfortunately many clinics post results immediately after the procedure or after 10 days to show how full the head is. Some people just believe that this is an immediate results. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

8 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

My favorite comment from these fake reviews are, "I just had my procedure yesterday and I love the results!" Ummm, dude... you had the procedure yesterday, there are no results. 

Yes you are so right...

my clinic tried to get me to do an online review the day after my surgery which I declined.

I waited 3 months, even then I only reviewed the clinic and not results 

9 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

Wayne Rooney said he was delighted with the results when he posted a post-op pic of him in a car on the way home from the clinic.... i facepalmed 

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

41 minutes ago, BLE123 said:

I'm always a little suspicious of new accounts posting their results, no matter how convincing the write-up and pics are.

Yeah if they aren't asking questions then I'm usually suspicious. This is a place to come to when you are looking to learn.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

These reviews are easily identifiable, when the user who posts them has only one review, or has no profile picture, then they are almost always fake.  Fortunately, there is HRN, which unmasks these pseudo-clinics.

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 hours ago, makehairgreatagain said:

@Melvin-Moderator Can we start a list of all these Mickey Mouse clinics? That way we can separate the real ones out and keep transparency.

Naming names could become a problem, as we’ve been sued before, but we can definitely insinuate.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BLE123 said:

I'm always a little suspicious of new accounts posting their results, no matter how convincing the write-up and pics are.

As you should be, of course if they provide month to month photos and interact to questions it’s more convincing.

View my thread

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Newyear newhair said:

Yes you are so right...

my clinic tried to get me to do an online review the day after my surgery which I declined.

I waited 3 months, even then I only reviewed the clinic and not results 

Very smart, did you research before, usually it’s those who don’t do any research before.

View my thread

• Administrators
4 hours ago, TommyLucchese said:

Wayne Rooney said he was delighted with the results when he posted a post-op pic of him in a car on the way home from the clinic.... i facepalmed 

Poor guy, he should get it fixed, he’s got the money and the donor

View my thread

I subscribe to another website and I get a nightly email showing me amazing hair transplant results and they are almost all based on clinics in Turkey. I won't mention the name of the site (in case it violates any rules here), but that site is really full of fake reviews. I often leave comments after the 'review' stating my concerns, in case some newbies in the hair transplant scene fall for these gimmicks. One of the most obvious red flags for me is when a review focuses mostly on how wonderful the doctor was and how well taken care of the patient felt and how everyone was so supportive etc and there is very little information on the number of grafts, hair density, and there are no photos at all.

PS - un-related to hair transplants - but on google it's possible to buy fake positive reviews. My local Chinese eatry has amazing reviews where the clients say things like "I had a business meeting at this great restaurant last night and...." or "The ambiance was amazing, and the waiters really looked after us...." - only one problem - this is a Chinese takeaway, and there are no waiters, no seats, no ambiance etc. Hilarious.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, baalloss said:

I subscribe to another website and I get a nightly email showing me amazing hair transplant results and they are almost all based on clinics in Turkey. I won't mention the name of the site (in case it violates any rules here), but that site is really full of fake reviews. I often leave comments after the 'review' stating my concerns, in case some newbies in the hair transplant scene fall for these gimmicks. One of the most obvious red flags for me is when a review focuses mostly on how wonderful the doctor was and how well taken care of the patient felt and how everyone was so supportive etc and there is very little information on the number of grafts, hair density, and there are no photos at all.

PS - un-related to hair transplants - but on google it's possible to buy fake positive reviews. My local Chinese eatry has amazing reviews where the clients say things like "I had a business meeting at this great restaurant last night and...." or "The ambiance was amazing, and the waiters really looked after us...." - only one problem - this is a Chinese takeaway, and there are no waiters, no seats, no ambiance etc. Hilarious.

Lmao yea google you can buy fake reviews, apparently even Yelp. People who’ve reviewed a lot of places and have good standing with Yelp have sold reviews which is sad. Don’t say the name of the place with the fake reviews but can you give us a hint?

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Egy said:

My reviews on Trustpilot and Yelp are more than authentics.

Not saying all the reviews are fake, but it’s easy to spot the fake ones. The good thing about this forum is you cannot fake results. Even if the person thinks the results are good, the community may think otherwise.

• Like 1

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Don’t say the name of the place with the fake reviews but can you give us a hint?

Hi Melvin, sure, one day when I become my real self then I may be brave enough to say the name 🙂 

• Haha 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, baalloss said:

Hi Melvin, sure, one day when I become my real self then I may be brave enough to say the name 🙂 

🤣 yes I’ve noticed that as well, back when I wrote a review as my realself. 

View my thread