Hair growing unevenly

Gavriel

Hi Everyone - I’m at month 3.5 after 3000 graft FUE

Sorry if this was already posted and I didnt find the right answer.

I’m a bit concerned as what I’m seeing is that in certain areas on my head (especially the right and left reclining forehead area) the new hair is totally visible, strong, black, thick by now after 3.5 months! 

However, i don’t see this at all in the middle of my head or other areas where hair has been transplanted to. Is this normal? I would think if one area is so obviously growing, why arent the others? Maybe those grafts didnt survive? :/  I’m hoping I’m just paranoid but yeah basically I don’t understand the uneven growth reason. Unfortunately the pics don’t really show it well but live the difference is very much obvious... 

3FB459E9-C24C-414C-9293-05DDA218A2B9.jpeg

D5DEF184-152F-48F4-9A73-8657416D483B.jpeg

2DD6F5AA-C602-40F0-A3C9-BD0DB0332DB2.jpeg

08375D02-7368-4091-8658-378F92CDFE38.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

At 12 weeks you are still in the ugly duckling phase to a degree and my view is that more patience is needed. Different part of the scalp grow in different time frames (the crown for example). It's looking good so give it time. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

At 3.5 months most people’s growth hasn’t even started yet. Your seeing the beginning of yours, which is great ! However all the grafts will follow there own growing pattern and it will seem uneven and patchy. The best months are yet to come. 

• Like 2

3.5 months post op is too early to be concerned regarding density and some areas appearing ahead of others. Without knowing your case specifically and whilst a percentage of patients have impressive early growth, others have to be more patient. The fact that you have some good early growth would appear to be a good sign and it is common for some areas to come through earlier/stronger than others in these early stages, so try and relax and trust the process.

• Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

As others have mentioned, this is completely normal. Just be patient as this stage. I know it's easier said than done. But hang in there buddy

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

It's very unlikely that all hair will start to grow at the same time, and if you understand hair cycles, you're at the stage when the hair just STARTS to really grow and sprout through the skin. HT is forcing grafts to go into premature tellogen effluvium (although some people have very strong follicles that don't go into tellogen phase and just keep growing), so they shed and start to grow after around 100 days.

2cycle-vie-cheveu_orig.thumb.jpg.4638c8170d70bde5cc4e6291b9c27647.jpg
From seeing hundreds of people asking same question I have no doubt you should expect great deal of new hair in the next 4-8 weeks considering where you are already.

I also did my own comparisment video to the famous " Hair Transplant growth timeline" with my comments. I think you will find it very informative and also encouraging as you will see what the future hold for you :)

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.