Just how likely can I expect a good result at the ASMED clinic?

Hi. I am almost 29 years old. I have recession and thinning and i sent these photos for asmed to look at.  

they told me 2200-2400 grafts needed for a strong straight hairline.  

they gave me a 1.5 euro, and a 1.9 euro and 2.5 euro options 

i decided i want to go with 1.9 where erdogan does some of the incisions himself.  I specifically said i want him to do the very very front of my hairline for that natural look.

i would be flying from seattle washington    I havent booked just yet but i have a lot worry and fear    Flights are hella expensive like 1400usd round trip and my flight there 20 Hours and on the way back 30.   There really is no like good flight options at all unless i want to move up 2k usd   

Whats everyones thoughts?

thank you

AF412DA4-C6CA-4F77-937D-EF69EEC3449E.jpeg

0B3AC5C9-C87B-4FB1-B9D7-3C00A184B438.jpeg

BFD4EDD7-EA1D-44C2-B9FA-85EA712879F3.jpeg

E312B6F1-DDF4-4E19-8934-198FD580D610.jpeg

Edited by GorillaSquad

Hey man,

As a person whom also went with Dr Erdogan/ASMED I’m going to try not to sound biased (I try to give my honest neutral opinion when possible no matter the clinic). The amount quoted sounds about right for the goal you want to achieve, although, I would wonder since youre close to 29 y/o do you think your hair loss has stabilized? Since your frontal area looks to still be miniaturizing and for myself I hadn’t lost the bulk of my hair until I was around 35+. That said, if yours is stabilized and you are being pro active and taking medication or utilizing some sort of treatment to prevent your current native hair from recession and loss...than it may not be a major worry for you for several years down the road if there are any.

As for confirming that Dr Erdogan is going to do the incisions himself for your hair line...I think that’s very wise, he does some of the most natural appearing hairlines and temple peak incisions out there.

And as for your worry and fear of flying half way around the world...I had the same fears...I have a fear of heights & flying and had never traveled overseas that far before...but with the Clinics help to ease my worries (especially that I had gone all alone to there) was very reassuring so I just said f*ck it I’m going to do it. Yes, the flights are expensive especially now that they are limiting them but that comes with the territory.

14 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Hey man,

As a person whom also went with Dr Erdogan/ASMED I’m going to try not to sound biased (I try to give my honest neutral opinion when possible no matter the clinic). The amount quoted sounds about right for the goal you want to achieve, although, I would wonder since youre close to 29 y/o do you think your hair loss has stabilized? Since your frontal area looks to still be miniaturizing and for myself I hadn’t lost the bulk of my hair until I was around 35+. That said, if yours is stabilized and you are being pro active and taking medication or utilizing some sort of treatment to prevent your current native hair from recession and loss...than it may not be a major worry for you for several years down the road if there are any.

As for confirming that Dr Erdogan is going to do the incisions himself for your hair line...I think that’s very wise, he does some of the most natural appearing hairlines and temple peak incisions out there.

And as for your worry and fear of flying half way around the world...I had the same fears...I have a fear of heights & flying and had never traveled overseas that far before...but with the Clinics help to ease my worries (especially that I had gone all alone to there) was very reassuring so I just said f*ck it I’m going to do it. Yes, the flights are expensive especially now that they are limiting them but that comes with the territory.

Hey I really appreciate the response.  Ive taken high quality close up photos of my hairline everyday for the past two years.   I am on low dose of finasteride and feel like it has stabilized.  

i feel like having a great hairline now matters way more than it will ten years down the road.  I am still single. So self conscious about this issue.   

so your surgery was a success?    Anything post treatment that will really help? 

2 minutes ago, GorillaSquad said:

Hey I really appreciate the response.  Ive taken high quality close up photos of my hairline everyday for the past two years.   I am on low dose of finasteride and feel like it has stabilized.  

i feel like having a great hairline now matters way more than it will ten years down the road.  I am still single. So self conscious about this issue.   

so your surgery was a success?    Anything post treatment that will really help? 

You’re welcome!

Sounds like low ma be working for you then. 

I totally understand your point on wanting to improve yourself now since your are still somewhat young-ish and single and just want to get it over and done...can’t disagree with you there man.

Yes, it was a success, did it back in 2018, I made a progress post about it forgot the link since it’s been a while now but if you use the search box and type in mid-June progress you might find...if I do I’ll post it here for you to go through.

As for anything post treatment that I think could really help that personally I think helped me...it to just relax and take it easy and if you have the ability to financially to stay a full week there in Turkey to be sure your grafts are healing well and not subject to any trauma from rushing to return home and the flights and plane passangers or you bumping your head damaging anything. I stayed in Istanbul almost 2 weeks if I recall just to be sure all healed well and scabs came off...but I would say at least 7 days/nights is helpful to ease worries..

2 hours ago, GorillaSquad said:

I feel like having a great hairline now matters way more than it will ten years down the road. 

I cant comment on your hair (which looks good) but you really need to learn how to hang your towels up properly to get a quality girlfriend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

31 minutes ago, voxman said:

I cant comment on your hair (which looks good) but you really need to learn how to hang your towels up properly to get a quality girlfriend.

Hold on, this is putting the horse before the carriage, you get the girlfriend so SHE hangs the towels properly for you! :D

• Haha 1

• Administrators

How old are you? Are you on fin? I had no idea there’s a package where Erdogan isn’t involved. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Hold on, this is putting the horse before the carriage, you get the girlfriend so SHE hangs the towels properly for you! :D

What is this, the 1950's?  (And I remember them...)

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Do you guys think i can ask for a little less density in the middle of my hairline 

heres a front photo hair up and the temples kinda covered  i feel like not adding too much density in the middle is crucial for a natural look as u can see here

Like even thought i got quoted 2200-2500 grafts  can i ask for slightly less like 2000  is this something the doctor is okay with? 
for me my temples being filled in are really the most important  

12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

How old are you? Are you on fin? I had no idea there’s a package where Erdogan isn’t involved. 

I am 28 and on low dose fin

361AA8AB-5A1A-4648-A229-8D8FDFF25E9F.jpeg

Edited by GorillaSquad

I don't see why you can't ask them to go below 2000 grafts. Contact them, and mention to them that you need lower density in the middle of the hairline, and see what they say. It would also be a good idea to contact other clinics and get their opinion, and see if the work can be done with less grafts

• Administrators
12 hours ago, GorillaSquad said:

Do you guys think i can ask for a little less density in the middle of my hairline 

heres a front photo hair up and the temples kinda covered  i feel like not adding too much density in the middle is crucial for a natural look as u can see here

Like even thought i got quoted 2200-2500 grafts  can i ask for slightly less like 2000  is this something the doctor is okay with? 
for me my temples being filled in are really the most important  

I am 28 and on low dose fin

361AA8AB-5A1A-4648-A229-8D8FDFF25E9F.jpeg

Is that you? Why get an HT? Your hair is excellent 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

7 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Is that you? Why get an HT? Your hair is excellent 

My temples. They receded and its been bothering me for years now.   Most frustrating thing is when i try to do my hair it looks all messed up. I think i spend an hour just to do my hair. Ive been wearing hats so much to avoid it. Clearly a mental thing. But a transplant is a quick fix.  I mean ideally i want no more than. 2000 graft transplant. 1800-2000 so if i go see asmed i am gonna tell them thats what I want. 

Thank you for the positivity tho!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, GorillaSquad said:

My temples. They receded and its been bothering me for years now.   Most frustrating thing is when i try to do my hair it looks all messed up. I think i spend an hour just to do my hair. Ive been wearing hats so much to avoid it. Clearly a mental thing. But a transplant is a quick fix.  I mean ideally i want no more than. 2000 graft transplant. 1800-2000 so if i go see asmed i am gonna tell them thats what I want. 

Thank you for the positivity tho!

Never a good idea to view hair transplants as a quick fix. A bad result can happen and believe me you’ll regret it. The risks outweigh the reward for you. Enjoy your hair, you don’t need to think of HTs at this time.

View my thread