Hair transplant in Turkey - What clinic for best results?

@JohnAC71 Yes here are some more. 

Sorry for the messy hair, it looks more awful now because I havent got any haircut because of the COVID situation.. Anyways, I try to hide the temple areas by covering it. When I cover them, they dont look awfully bad, but still its not nice.

The temple areas are worst yes.

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 18.15.18.png

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 18.15.24.png

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 18.15.31.png

• Like 1

I don't really understand the need to wait mentality. So he waits, loses a bit more hair, now what? Wait some more? At what point does he stop waiting and start acting?

If it bugs you then get it done but:

- Do your research first, this is the most important step. Don't book with the first flashy instagram clinic you come across. You don't have an infinite amount of shots at this so get it right the first time.

- This ties into the above point but you need to realise that you're very likely going to lose more hair so you need to be conservative with your use of grafts. don't go getting a silly low hairline that you can't back up in years to come.

As for Turkey. Well IMO there are many good clinics there but there are also many bad ones, unfortunately because of the latter people tend to just say "avoid Turkey", which isn't fair on those clinics who actually are doing good work for very reasonable prices.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I’m 35 and I can assure you I care about how I look, it’s a fallacy to think “I’ll fix my hair now and who cares about the future.” 

One thing I want you to know is that we don’t sell hair transplants here, we educate. At 23 you have all the hair in the world to lose.  At 23 you could end up a Norwood 6 by 30. It’s not a smart idea to get an HT now to lower your hairline, whilst you still have a lot of hair left to lose. 

This was me at 23 a month before I turned 24

image.jpeg

5 years later at 29

image.jpeg

Don’t act on emotions, think it through. If you’re not on fin, take it for a year, if you are, wait at least a year and a half to ensure you’re not losing more hair. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, BLE123 said:

I don't really understand the need to wait mentality. So he waits, loses a bit more hair, now what? Wait some more? At what point does he stop waiting and start acting?

If it bugs you then get it done but:

- Do your research first, this is the most important step. Don't book with the first flashy instagram clinic you come across. You don't have an infinite amount of shots at this so get it right the first time.

- This ties into the above point but you need to realise that you're very likely going to lose more hair so you need to be conservative with your use of grafts. don't go getting a silly low hairline that you can't back up in years to come.

As for Turkey. Well IMO there are many good clinics there but there are also many bad ones, unfortunately because of the latter people tend to just say "avoid Turkey", which isn't fair on those clinics who actually are doing good work for very reasonable prices.

You don’t know what hair is stable at 23 this I can assure you. 

Here’s why take a look at the back of my head at 23, crown looks good, donor strong. An FUE would probably go up to here 06305214-13E2-4040-B40C-AC336210104D.jpeg

Now a few years later at 29 you see the reality of where my donor begins and ends. There is a clear path of where hair can and should be extracted.

Had I gotten an HT at 23, lord knows what I’d look like today. Thank god I didn’t, it would have been a huge mistake.

B88F9994-2BB0-43E1-AE5E-5D763DEDD21E.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Iv re-read through this topic twice now as I cant believe what Im seeing.  Not one person has asked if he is taking meds for his hairloss? 

Are you on any meds or looked into them?

At only 23 years old you might get growth or maintenance on finasteride and minoxidil  and not need a transplant until you get older. It should also strengthening your donor hair. I would look into them first before wasting money, donor ect on a transplant

Edited by thetdog666
re done

21 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Here’s why take a look at the back of my head at 23, crown looks good, donor strong. An FUE would probably go up to here 06305214-13E2-4040-B40C-AC336210104D.jpeg

Now a few years later at 29 you see the reality of where my donor begins and ends. There is a clear path of where hair can and should be extracted.

Had I gotten an HT at 23, lord knows what I’d look like today. Thank god I didn’t, it would have been a huge mistake.

Damn that’s drastic, when did you notice the most hair loss? 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, RandoBrando517 said:

Damn that’s drastic, when did you notice the most hair loss? 

View my thread

1 hour ago, Egy said:

@BLE123where did you read that turkey should be avoided?  If you read all the posts, you will also read that @JohnAC71 he advised which clinics would be to consider in Turkey, he did not write "avoid Turkey"

Not necessarily in this thread but there is a general overtone of "avoid Turkey" on the forum, I just don't think it's fair on the good clinics who lose out on potential patients because the bad clinics give the country a bad name.

10 minutes ago, BLE123 said:

Not necessarily in this thread but there is a general overtone of "avoid Turkey" on the forum, I just don't think it's fair on the good clinics who lose out on potential patients because the bad clinics give the country a bad name.

You are right, but as far as I'm concerned, I have always maintained that in Turkey ethical and reliable clinics / doctors can be counted on the fingers of one hand, all the rest are hair mills and pseudo-clinics, but just be very careful  and fortunately this forum exists.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I do get what you're saying, you had good hair at 23 and by 29 most of it was gone but there will also be many guys who have good hair at 29 and then lose it by 35. Hair loss is unpredictable and can strike at any time. If this guy goes to an ethical surgeon then they will only use grafts from the safest possible zone and give him a suitable hairline. Only if he requires more surgeries will they "expand" where they take the grafts from. 

I just don't think there's a magical age that you reach whereby it's suddenly fine to get a transplant.

And in any case, from the pics, I do not notice a tragic situation, then, the forum is also used for this, to give advice, one can follow them or not, in the end he will make the decision.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Egy said:

You are right, but as far as I'm concerned, I have always maintained that in Turkey ethical and reliable clinics / doctors can be counted on the fingers of one hand, all the rest are hair mills and pseudo-clinics, but just be very careful  and fortunately this forum exists.

I think this is true of all countries. Actually though, Turkey probably has more good clinics per sq/mile than anywhere else, unfortunately the same is also true for the bad ones. Based on the reviews on here there are still some surgeons doing nice work at the lower end of the price scale as well, they might not be as spectacular as some of the big names but they're not butcher jobs either. I've seen worse results from the UK(where I am) for example and at probably 3x the price. 

Edited by BLE123

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, BLE123 said:

I do get what you're saying, you had good hair at 23 and by 29 most of it was gone but there will also be many guys who have good hair at 29 and then lose it by 35. Hair loss is unpredictable and can strike at any time. If this guy goes to an ethical surgeon then they will only use grafts from the safest possible zone and give him a suitable hairline. Only if he requires more surgeries will they "expand" where they take the grafts from. 

I just don't think there's a magical age that you reach whereby it's suddenly fine to get a transplant.

I’ve been on the board for 7 years. I can without a doubt tell you that going bald from 20-30 is 20x more common than bald from 30-40. I have never seen anyone post pictures of them balding from 30-35. Now, I’ve seen guys bald in their 30’s and go bald by 50, that’s more reasonable.

If you’re losing hair in your early 20’s the likelihood of you having aggressive hair loss is super high. If you notice hair loss at 30, the chances are your hair loss isn’t super aggressive, each decade the aggressiveness goes down. 

That’s why a 50 year old Norwood 3 is a surgeon’s dream, they know more or less their hair loss isn’t going to be aggressive and they’ll maintain a good appearance for many years to come. 

It’s  the complete opposite with a 23 year old. Hair loss can be unpredictable, but it’s like sports, the betting odds matter. Can an upset happen? Yes, but not likely. 

View my thread

7 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’ve been on the board for 7 years. I can without a doubt tell you that going bald from 20-30 is 20x more common than bald from 30-40. I have never seen anyone post pictures of them balding from 30-35. Now, I’ve seen guys bald in their 30’s and go bald by 50, that’s more reasonable.

If you’re losing hair in your early 20’s the likelihood of you having aggressive hair loss is super high. If you notice hair loss at 30, the chances are your hair loss isn’t super aggressive, each decade the aggressiveness goes down. 

That’s why a 50 year old Norwood 3 is a surgeon’s dream, they know more or less their hair loss isn’t going to be aggressive and they’ll maintain a good appearance for many years to come. 

It’s  the complete opposite with a 23 year old. Hair loss can be unpredictable, but it’s like sports, the betting odds matter. Can an upset happen? Yes, but not likely. 

So the end result is still the same, it just took longer to happen.

Let's say your pic of you at 23 is actually you at 35 and your pic at 29 is actually you at 50. The net outcome is still the same, you're bald and you want hair. The only difference I see in terms of transplants is that you'd be able to stagger them further apart, or would you just wait until you're slick bald and only then do something about it?

Obviously there is a point where I agree with you, a 20 year old with aggressive thinning shouldn't be thinking about a transplant and again I don't advise young guys going to some shady clinic who will give them a hairline 3cm above their eyebrows but I also don't see why they should just sit and wait until they reach some arbitrary age(usually 30) until they're allowed to do something about it.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, BLE123 said:

So the end result is still the same, it just took longer to happen.

Let's say your pic of you at 23 is actually you at 35 and your pic at 29 is actually you at 50. The net outcome is still the same, you're bald and you want hair. The only difference I see in terms of transplants is that you'd be able to stagger them further apart, or would you just wait until you're slick bald and only then do something about it?

Obviously there is a point where I agree with you, a 20 year old with aggressive thinning shouldn't be thinking about a transplant and again I don't advise young guys going to some shady clinic who will give them a hairline 3cm above their eyebrows but I also don't see why they should just sit and wait until they reach some arbitrary age(usually 30) until they're allowed to do something about it.

The end point is not the same, gradually balding is completely different than balding aggressively. You are able to manage your donor supply better, you’re not chasing hair loss with hair transplants. Trust me, the two situations are completely different. That is why surgeons have you take fin, to slow the progression. Fin is not a cure, so someone who takes fin at 20, may end up balding by 50.

Thinking  “bro you’re gonna go bald anyway yolo” is not a smart way to approach a serious thing like surgery. And I’m not telling him to sit and wait, I’m telling him to get on fin, see how it’s working for him in a year and a half.

If he notices an improvement, he may not need surgery, if he notices he’s the same, it’s at least keeping him from going balder. Afterwards he will be in a better position to make a choice. A decision after thinking about it and not acting on impulse driven by emotions.

Who knows, maybe when he’s older he decides to shave his head. Doing nothing is never a bad choice. Once he gets surgery that option is gone. 

View my thread

@Melvin-Moderator @Egy I really appreciate both of you taking your time and deeper look into all of this with your views. I agree with both of you and respect both.

I havent gone on any medics or such things because of side effects I am fearing.

I looked for example at finasteride side effects:

• impotence,
  • loss of interest in sex,
  • trouble having an orgasm,
  • abnormal ejaculation,
  • swelling in your hands or feet,
  • swelling or tenderness in your breasts,
  • dizziness,
  • weakness,

This was from google. This fears me. I am a young man and cant have some of these side effects. Now honestly I dont know. All persons react different, but taking a risk to have trouble with your sexual life is totally not worth it in my eyes. It will go from 1 problem to 10. So yes it might save me from hair loss, but if I am to live with these side effects for over 20 years then I will just go bald.

Dont understand me wrong. This is the reason I want hair transplant. To every day apply something on hair is also a headache. But I get it that you should be clear on when the hair stops losing so you can know when it is time for a hairtransplant. I understand  that if I go now and lose even more hairs some years later, I will need another surgery.

Edited by Berxedan7

Unpopular opinion....

Go ahead and get a transplant but plan (mentally and financially) for a second procedure immediately. You will probably want/need a second HT in 2-3 years. Your first transplant should be stable, but you'll likely continue to lose your native hair. So your second procedure is chasing the recession. In fact, you *might* want to have a long term plan for 3 procedures.And yes, you should consider getting on finasteride and minoxidil.

That said, you will want to start off with a high quality doctor who can help with this multi-procedure plan. Your current budget may be too low. If you need 2,000 grafts (at 2.0 - 2.5 Euro/graft) you'll need at least 4k Euro.

On 2/5/2021 at 1:43 PM, Berxedan7 said:

@Melvin-Moderator @Egy I really appreciate both of you taking your time and deeper look into all of this with your views. I agree with both of you and respect both.

I havent gone on any medics or such things because of side effects I am fearing.

I looked for example at finasteride side effects:

• impotence,
  • loss of interest in sex,
  • trouble having an orgasm,
  • abnormal ejaculation,
  • swelling in your hands or feet,
  • swelling or tenderness in your breasts,
  • dizziness,
  • weakness,

This was from google. This fears me. I am a young man and cant have some of these side effects. Now honestly I dont know. All persons react different, but taking a risk to have trouble with your sexual life is totally not worth it in my eyes. It will go from 1 problem to 10. So yes it might save me from hair loss, but if I am to live with these side effects for over 20 years then I will just go bald.

Dont understand me wrong. This is the reason I want hair transplant. To every day apply something on hair is also a headache. But I get it that you should be clear on when the hair stops losing so you can know when it is time for a hairtransplant. I understand  that if I go now and lose even more hairs some years later, I will need another surgery.

Side effects are not very common, you definitely should try medication before surgery. Getting surgery without meds is pointless.