Newport Beach SMP - are they legit?

This page came up on Instagram for me: https://instagram.com/newportsmp?igshid=24c2dh1pwxvi

their results on creating the illusion of density just don’t look real. I’ve seen good SMP for covering scars and giving someone the shaved head look, but I’ve never seen it used to make a balding person look like they have longer hair. 

anyone know if there’s legit? I’m in Ohio so pretty far away and would likely not be able to go there, but I can’t stop looking at their results. 

I'm in the midwest too looking to do some smp later this year. Don't do instagram so I can't see that link, but googled and found a newportsmp.com website, maybe that's the same place. Looked at the 'our team' part of the site and 2 of 3 are former nurses, not that impressed with their BIOs, but that's just my opinion.

There is a great site called teammicro that's sort of a hybrid industry/consumer-education where you can learn alot, and you can find a few recommended clinics per location all over the world too, here's the link to the US:   

https://www.teammicro.com/smp/us/

image.thumb.png.015bda5bc2812f00722a4eb1a9555186.png

Yeah that website is the same company. Did you see their before and after photos? They just don’t look real. Here are two of the most dramatic ones. I just don’t see how this is possible with SMP

I had an HT 6 months ago and I don’t think my crown is going to be as dense as I wanted. I was considering another HT but I saw this and wondered if this was a legit alternative or snake oil. 

EB6F2A7A-68F1-4C40-BE0E-852568151AC4.jpeg

B19824BB-93E0-4458-86B9-9B2E62910A21.jpeg

Yea big red flags, showing the pre-op pic with wet hair to make the scalp as visible as possible, and then in the post pics it's not only dry but there's got to be some concealer applied to the actual hairs unless the guy got a HT too. These are the first post-op pics I've seen where the person is letting their hair grow out and the clinic is putting concealer on the hairs too. Definitely steer clear of them.

• Administrators

smp is an option, but I haven't seen that many results using it as filler. In my opinion, your crown is looking good already at 5 months. I wouldn't consider SMP, instead a little concealer goes a long way. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

smp is an option, but I haven't seen that many results using it as filler. In my opinion, your crown is looking good already at 5 months. I wouldn't consider SMP, instead a little concealer goes a long way. 

Thanks, at this point I’m just researching my options in case I get to 12-18 months post HT and aren’t entirely satisfied with the results. 

• 1 month later...

I must of overlooked this thread and posted a question last night in regards to these pictures that I’ve been seeing from their IG. Hopefully someone can share their experience with a smp density fill.

• 4 months later...

I messaged with one of the "nurses" @Newportsmp. When asked about concealer she said "We get asked this several times a day. The answer is NO. We do not add any special effects or products what so ever to any of our before and afters. No filters or edition. The afters are 100% SMP only. Please check out the close up videos we post on our page for the fine detail of our work".

I agree the wet before photo and the dry after with SMP has a huge contrast. But dry hair alone makes a big difference. Personally, I believe them. I'll post here if I read of anyone commenting on getting SMP done there to find out officially if they add anything or not.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/22/2021 at 4:35 AM, Pephair said:

I messaged with one of the "nurses" @Newportsmp. When asked about concealer she said "We get asked this several times a day. The answer is NO. We do not add any special effects or products what so ever to any of our before and afters. No filters or edition. The afters are 100% SMP only. Please check out the close up videos we post on our page for the fine detail of our work".

I agree the wet before photo and the dry after with SMP has a huge contrast. But dry hair alone makes a big difference. Personally, I believe them. I'll post here if I read of anyone commenting on getting SMP done there to find out officially if they add anything or not.

Any luck? 

• Administrators
On 1/31/2021 at 10:52 AM, EvoXOhio said:

Thanks, at this point I’m just researching my options in case I get to 12-18 months post HT and aren’t entirely satisfied with the results. 

Btw your smp results came out amazing, just had to state that fact.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Btw your smp results came out amazing, just had to state that fact.

Thanks, I am super happy about it. Between the HT and the SMP I have the complete illusion of density when my hair is typed correctly. Currently fighting the hair greed demon that wants me to get my hairline lowered and my temple points fixed, but I think I’m not going to worry about that for now. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Thanks, I am super happy about it. Between the HT and the SMP I have the complete illusion of density when my hair is typed correctly. Currently fighting the hair greed demon that wants me to get my hairline lowered and my temple points fixed, but I think I’m not going to worry about that for now. 

Who are you considering? Also who was your smp artist?

View my thread

11 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Going off your pics, your donor is going to allow you to be as greedy as you like for many years to come 😉

I’m going to reach out to your SMP artist this week, one of my only doubts is what it would like shaven down, if I go for long haired density look just now - because I will be getting a HT next year at some point and will be requiring to shave down. 

12 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Who are you considering? Also who was your smp artist?

I’m not giving it any serious consideration, mostly Because if I do then I’ll tell myself into doing it. I always gravitate towards H&W though whenever I toy with it.  My hair looks great and it’s getting long and I don’t want to start all over again with all that. It’s just the hair greed is all. I also want to wait a few years and make sure my hair loss truly is stabilized. I don’t want to lower my hairline and fix my temple points, then in 5-10 years my mid scalp is super thin and I’m out of grafts. 

my SMP artist was Mike at Hairline Ink. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Going off your pics, your donor is going to allow you to be as greedy as you like for many years to come 😉

I’m going to reach out to your SMP artist this week, one of my only doubts is what it would like shaven down, if I go for long haired density look just now - because I will be getting a HT next year at some point and will be requiring to shave down. 

My donor looks great, but I also have retrograde alopecia so that limits my safe zone a bit. Mostly just being conservative for now. 

I asked about how it would look shaved down if I got a density treatment, and he basically said it would look ok but it would need a session or two to blend it in with the surrounding non-balding areas. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 2:22 PM, EvoXOhio said:

This page came up on Instagram for me: https://instagram.com/newportsmp?igshid=24c2dh1pwxvi

their results on creating the illusion of density just don’t look real. I’ve seen good SMP for covering scars and giving someone the shaved head look, but I’ve never seen it used to make a balding person look like they have longer hair. 

anyone know if there’s legit? I’m in Ohio so pretty far away and would likely not be able to go there, but I can’t stop looking at their results. 

delete op already got work done.

Edited by EnhancedScalp

On 3/13/2021 at 1:15 PM, Carbon said:

I must of overlooked this thread and posted a question last night in regards to these pictures that I’ve been seeing from their IG. Hopefully someone can share their experience with a smp density fill.

td

Edited by EnhancedScalp