Instagram live Wednesday the 20th Dr. Sethi and patient

• Administrators

Hey guys, 

I hope you’ll join me this Wednesday, I’ll be talking in detail with Dr. Sethi of Eugenix and one of his patients. I suggest you send some questions to me here and join us, I’ll provide a time shortly.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Melvin,

I do apologize if this question has been broached with Dr. Sethi in any of his interviews, with you or others, but I am interested in his experience with the use of nape of the neck hair for either the hairline or mid-scalp. I see some studies suggest the hair does not cycle properly and others with an alternative take. Given that Eugenix has done a lot of BHT using follicles from different parts of the body, I would like to know what he has observed using nape of the neck hair.

Thanks.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Alright guys, so the time will be 8 am pacific time, , 10 am central time, 11 am eastern time, 4 PM UK time. 

Text placeholder copy.png

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kirkland said:

Hi Melvin,

I do apologize if this question has been broached with Dr. Sethi in any of his interviews, with you or others, but I am interested in his experience with the use of nape of the neck hair for either the hairline or mid-scalp. I see some studies suggest the hair does not cycle properly and others with an alternative take. Given that Eugenix has done a lot of BHT using follicles from different parts of the body, I would like to know what he has observed using nape of the neck hair.

Thanks.

Good question, I will be sure to ask that for you.

View my thread

• Administrators

Just a reminder guys, join me tomorrow for the live and ask Dr. Sethi questions.

View my thread

1) His experience with afro hairs and how much it differs from Asian and caucasian hairs regarding hair transplant.

2) His view about fit-farming. Using BHT to restore donor area

3) Lately, people have been talking about how long a hair transplant lasts. Could you have asked him a question about it as well so that it can be clarified? :)

Thanks for arranging this, Melvin. Here is a question...

Many with advanced Norwood, are concerned with maximizing lifetime donor grafts; it is this question on which many are trying to gain clarity.  

I was wondering if you have a stance on this topic of whether FUE alone could harvest the same amount of grafts in a lifetime versus doing FUT or combining FUT and FUE over the course of more than one surgery? 

I have heard some surgeons say that with advanced hair loss, in order to harvest the most grafts in a lifetime, it is best to start with FUT and later do FUE. 

There was a study done by Ron Shapiro in 2019 which I believe confirmed this idea (although I was unable to access the full article to get the details)  https://www.ishrs-htforum.org/content/29/5/177. Hasson and Wong's stance seems to be that you can harvest something like 1,000-2,000 more grafts with FUT, but others like Dr. Vories, Dr. John Cole and Dr. Bhatti, believe the contrary.  

What are your thoughts?

Here is another, Melvin...

In a video consult with Dr. Arika, said that when Eugenix 1st started they went even heavier on the beard hair, but they have scaled back a bit.  

She said 60% of people get great results with beard hair addition, 20% moderate and 20% disaster- slow growth.  

Is there a way to predict ahead of time what kind of results you might get with the addition of beard hairs?

..and finally...

I have heard that graft transection rates at Eugenix is kept to around 2-3%. 

Since Eugenix has different packages with varying level of doctor involvement, is the graft transection rate still around 2-3% when extractions are performed by your senior technicians?

• Administrators

@SLA please join us in 9 minutes. 

Guys, 

best way to get your questions answered is to join us.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

View my thread

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, plus said:

good interview and good beard Melvin

Thanks man, I’ll be editing it and creating a video soon.

View my thread

Good interview. What I really like about Eugenix, and Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal, is their transparency about their operations. It works to the their advantage because they build trust the more you see them do social media interviews like this one. I'm happy that I have chosen them for my surgery. I'm not happy that COVID won't let me get there as soon as I want. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, kirkland said:

Good interview. What I really like about Eugenix, and Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal, is their transparency about their operations. It works to the their advantage because they build trust the more you see them do social media interviews like this one. I'm happy that I have chosen them for my surgery. I'm not happy that COVID won't let me get there as soon as I want. 

I agree, there’s been a lot of stuff said about their packages, but I think he gave a good response that makes total sense. Very transparent, which definitely builds trust.

View my thread