What is The Future of the Hair Transplant Industry?

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Maybe we could pitch that for the next cobra Kai season ? 😂

Wigs on, wigs off ?.  

Pretty sure Ralph Macchio is wearing a wig haha. Zabka I'm not sure. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Look at Ralph from 10 years ago or so.. hairline was gone. Fast forward to now and he’s has the hair of his youth pretty much. 

I’ve heard from people who’ve met him in person that his rug is obvious. Another thing that deters me from rugs. Having people talk about you wearing a rug. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

10 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Look at Ralph from 10 years ago or so.. hairline was gone. Fast forward to now and he’s has the hair of his youth pretty much

Ralph who??

EDIT: nvm I see you mean Ralph Macchio

Edited by Westview

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Pretty sure Ralph Macchio is wearing a wig haha. Zabka I'm not sure. 

Elton John wears a wig for sure.  If you look at his 70's pics he's a strong NW7

f3ac876e350cac20a7bfdc8ded15a9ca.jpg

Edited by Westview

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Westview said:

Elton John wears a wig for sure.  If you look at his 70's pics he's a strong NW7

He’s one of those cases like John Travolta where you know it’s a rug, no one says it in front of him, but behind closed doors everyone does.

View my thread

On 1/5/2021 at 7:43 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yes, there are certain adhesives that irritate your scalp, you have to find the right one. Sometimes the adhesives that don't irritate your scalp don't hold as good. Not to mention the glue and adhesives can cause further hair loss through traction alopecia, from all the constant tugging and pulling. 

I used a substance called Polyfuse and it was while I was a client of HCM...it did not irritate my scalp however it only was effective for approximately 30 days before it had to be re-applied.

The natural oil and salt excretions from the scalp would break down the glue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

9 minutes ago, gillenator said:

I used a substance called Polyfuse and it was while I was a client of HCM...it did not irritate my scalp however it only was effective for approximately 30 days before it had to be re-applied.

The natural oil and salt excretions from the scalp would break down the glue.

That wig story you told is so funny. What happened with that lady? Did you ever speak to her after the incident?

On 1/7/2021 at 7:11 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

On 12/23/2020 at 7:51 AM, Gatsby said:

It's already happening and I feel that the use of current and potentially better future pipeline DHT blockers will become part of a hair transplant plan. What I hope does happen in the next ten years is that start up third world chop shops disappear and that more regulation becomes part of a hair transplant plan as well. I also see a need for better counseling to be part of this industry too and perhaps laws and better recourse for improper practice.

Definitely. It has to be better regulated. 

Also, hair cloning seems like a major growth area. 

• Valued Contributor
On 1/7/2021 at 12:41 AM, Westview said:

Yes Elton had a punch graft hair transplant around late 70's/early 80's. That's why he was big on hats for a while.

On 1/8/2021 at 6:37 PM, JohnBob said:

That wig story you told is so funny. What happened with that lady? Did you ever speak to her after the incident?

You can read my last post on the "hairs never shed after transplant" thread.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, Harry Bosch said:

Definitely some suspect angles of Ralph in the show’s principal photography.

still looks good for 58.

FEAAA51C-BA66-4341-A981-48976B063A8B.png

4C6BDCD6-EF9B-4A55-BF37-9635D9852E40.png

He looked pre-pubescent when he was well into his 20’s. But hair loss spares no man 😂 

View my thread