[VIDEO] Why You Shouldn't Get A Hair Transplant

UnbaldEagle

Not sure what the point If this video is entirely. Of course to correct a problem of this magnitude you have to make some sacrifices and be patient. He fear mongered all the things he does anyways, and continues to build a YouTube channel out of this. He takes medication and had two surgeries along to only fix his hairline. He made choosing a doctor and between fue vs fut sound like it was the end of the world  

• Administrators

I gave my own reasons here

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This particular Youtuber is a pretty negative influence on younger hair loss sufferers. If you haven't watched his videos, the key context here is he's had two transplants on his hairline. One was to restore the recession of his hairline, which I don't inherently take issue with, but the second one was to lower his hairline to a position much lower than his actual juvenile hairline.

Maybe he will get lucky and actually get away with this, and maybe not, but how many uneducated guys are going think "I'll probably be fine too" only to end up progressing to a NW6 and be stuck with a fucked up scalp for the rest of their lives? We see these guys on the forum ALL the time. They're in their early twenties and their hairline isn't quite that NW1 anymore. They're clamoring for a transplant and completely dismiss medication because some guy on another forum told them it will make their dong fall off, and refuse to listen to anyone trying to talk then out of this huge mistake. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

This particular Youtuber is a pretty negative influence on younger hair loss sufferers. If you haven't watched his videos, the key context here is he's had two transplants on his hairline. One was to restore the recession of his hairline, which I don't inherently take issue with, but the second one was to lower his hairline to a position much lower than his actual juvenile hairline.

Maybe he will get lucky and actually get away with this, and maybe not, but how many uneducated guys are going think "I'll probably be fine too" only to end up progressing to a NW6 and be stuck with a fucked up scalp for the rest of their lives? We see these guys on the forum ALL the time. They're in their early twenties and their hairline isn't quite that NW1 anymore. They're clamoring for a transplant and completely dismiss medication because some guy on another forum told them it will make their dong fall off, and refuse to listen to anyone trying to talk then out of this huge mistake. 

Yea I agree, plain irresponsible. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

19 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Sorry, I didn't quite know his background, just randomly came across this video. 

I agree, if that's the case he is a very negative influencer. 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, jolly said:

i  remember  even you avoid finasteride because you get nasty sides from it .

I do not take fin, but I take minoxidil, and I was almost completely bald by the time I had my first HT.

• Like 1

View my thread

Just now, MachoVato said:

The guy sells dermarollers and hair supplements. Of course he's going to push for non-HT options. That's what he's selling.

Oh, he had an affiliate/promo thing with his clinic too. The point being he will basically sell whatever, and since he's currently an example of making bad choices but getting away with it (at least for now), his message to not get a transplant seems more like pandering and click bait than anything else.

I DO think we should have more people trying to talk people out of the knee-jerk hair transplants and trying to drive home how very possible it is to get fucked up either but short-sighted thinking or pure bad luck, but it's a tough pill to swallow from a guy who had surgery to placate his dysmorphia and will switch up his message for the next sponsor who will pay him to do so.

No hate against the guy on a personal level, I just think he's full of misinformation. No negative sentiment towards @UnbaldEagleeither, because I obviously agree with the general point you were wanting to make.

• Like 1