SMP Beware

• Administrators

I came across this on Instagram, it’s shocking. How on earth could anyone do this to someone, it’s downright criminal. Looks like the smp industry is how the HT industry was in the 80s. Be careful and make sure you do your research. Going to barbershops to get a HT or smp is a horrible idea.

B442282B-742D-4006-8FAC-A2EADE286267.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It looks like Playmobil doll from the 80s 

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Wow just as I thought I had seen it all. This is literally Lego man! Poor dude. No amount of repair is going to fix that. 

That is the tragedy. Even a tattoo removal wouldn’t remove that, it’s so concentrated. It looks like shoe polish. Barbershops are for hair cuts not cosmetic procedures.

• Confused 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This cannot be real. I don’t know what I feel for this person, I’m not sure how they let it go all the way to this, and I’m assuming all that ink would be very expensive too. The fact that the barbershop is showing it gives me a feeling that this is some sort of joke 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

This cannot be real. I don’t know what I feel for this person, I’m not sure how they let it go all the way to this, and I’m assuming all that ink would be very expensive too. The fact that the barbershop is showing it gives me a feeling that this is some sort of joke 

yea tbh I've seen this image before in a meme-like fashion. it just seems way to cartoonish to be true. Happy to be proven wrong tho.

I don't think it's SMP. For anyone who has had SMP, it is an uncomfortable process. This amount of 'tattooing', especially on the scalp, would have been practically unbearable. Certainly not in one sitting. And I wouldn't feel bad for this person if it was SMP. They would have known well before it was done how cartoonish the look would be.

Edited by kirkland

Relax , this is a joke. I’ve saw a video where they’ve done this to someone else in a barbers chair before and they just cover a bald scalp with the spray/toppik style applicator product and rub it in all over the head to make it look like a ridiculous hairstyle.

There is no way this is SMP, as someone has previously mentioned taking that volume of ink to the scalp would be unbearable for pretty much everyone, and would also take over 20-30 hours of work to get that dense coverage and an even spread of ink with no cracks. 

1 minute ago, Curious25 said:

Relax , this is a joke. I’ve saw a video where they’ve done this to someone else in a barbers chair before and they just cover a bald scalp with the spray/toppik style applicator product and rub it in all over the head to make it look like a ridiculous hairstyle.

There is no way this is SMP, as someone has previously mentioned taking that volume of ink to the scalp would be unbearable for pretty much everyone, and would also take over 20-30 hours of work to get that dense coverage and an even spread of ink with no cracks. 

Did seem a very strange look! I have seen some interesting head tattoos but this looked odd to say the least. 

Jokes aside, where does the ink go after Trichopigmentation?

Does the ink go to the lymph nodes?  Does the ink leave the body completely?  Nobody seems to know.  Customers are not demanding answers.

@Atown - you have asked this question before and a simple Google search would indicate that at least one study found tattoo ink can migrate into the lymph nodes. If that holds true, one can assume that SMP pigments would do the same over time. There is no causal evidence of such migration leading to cancer if that is your concern. With the millions upon millions who have had tattoos, if cancer were the outcome, then we would have enough data points to make this claim. I don't think that customers are particularly concerned about having ink done and getting cancer - that is why they are not demanding answers. Of all the things we can get cancer from, SMP would not be at the top of the list for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

That cannot be done by SMP. Pretty frightening if it was!!! Like I always recommend to people who are considering having SMP done, you need to do your research the same as you would for a hair transplant surgeon. Especially if it's for scar camouflage as scars behave differently to the SMP ink than the scalp does.