Deplete entire donor area

If I'm a Norwood 6. 

Is it possible for a doctor to deplete my entire donor area via FUE with a small punch size (to make the FUE scar as small as possible?)

I would like most of my donor hair to be transplanted to my crown.

I can shave the sides and back.

Edited by True

I don't think there are many doctors that would intentionally deplete a donor area. Not without first looking at beard/chest for grafts.

I know nothing about this guy but he claims to be able to maximize harvesting by using a modified, vacuum-assisted tool. Check it out...

• Administrators

This has been asked before, no ethical surgeon would agree to this. From my conversation with Dr. Konior, he said at some point the donor becomes as important as the recipient. Otherwise, you’re exchanging one bald area for another.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, Cardin1977 said:

14,000 grafts?! Is it really possible and not look thin on the back?? Hmmm 

Depends on the individual. 

If a patient presents with above average hair calibre, above average groupings, and above avery donor density per cm2 - then yes, it's possible.  

Thank you for all the responses.

I understand that depleting the donor area would be creating another bald area on the scalp but that look is in!  LOL

Especially if the punch size is 0.9 or less, wouldn't the scar tissue be difficult to see on a white scalp?

2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Depends on the individual. 

If a patient presents with above average hair calibre, above average groupings, and above avery donor density per cm2 - then yes, it's possible.  

Wow interesting. I definitely have no where near 14,000 usable grafts on my head. Maybe my chest, legs and back though 😂

• Administrators
6 hours ago, True said:

Thank you for all the responses.

I understand that depleting the donor area would be creating another bald area on the scalp but that look is in!  LOL

Especially if the punch size is 0.9 or less, wouldn't the scar tissue be difficult to see on a white scalp?

It may be in now, but what about the future when you’re older? Fashion, styles change. Sort of reminds me of the movie Joe Dirt, where he got a wig fused on his scalp that was a mullet. It may have been popular at some point, but looked ridiculous after. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.