3559 FUE - Lupanzula - June 17th, 2020

MrProfessor

Hi,

I was under FUE procedure almost 4 months ago. I'm more active on french forums but like this one too. Finally I'm making this topic.

I'm 36, NW3V. I started losing hair in early twenties. Very agressive loss until late 20s then it slowed down a lot. It started by vertex and frontal thinning appeared later. I have no history of hair loss in my family. Pretty unlucky 😡

The operation was done within two days :

day one : 2000 grafts for hairline

day two : 1539 for crown/vertex (the total was 3559 because I lost 20 grafts when hurting my head 😡

I'm posting personal pics. And also other from the doc just before the surgery. I must confess about doc's pics : the light was pretty agressive which makes my hair look worse than normal conditions.

Capture d’écran 2020-10-11 à 23.21.48.png

DSC_3814.jpg

LF-pre.png

vertex-pre.png

preop-vertex.jpg

Capture d’écran 2020-10-11 à 23.30.10.png

Edited by MrProfessor

3 minutes ago, MagnificentAl said:

Hey man thanks for this write up. How did you hurt your head?

Between day one and day two. At the evening when cooking at my airbnb. I'm pretty tall (6'5) so it happens most often than most people 😉

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Coady said:

What’s it like now ?

I forgot to post on this forum because I'm more active on french forums. I'm at 6 months now.

Here are my 5 months pictures (I didn't see that much change between 5th month and 6th month) :

lf1.png

lf2.png

lf3.png

vertex6.JPG

On 12/26/2020 at 1:54 AM, MrProfessor said:

Pretty happy about the result but despite being at "only" 6 month, I think I'm at final result now. 

I do not think you are. Often there is a second growth spurt between month 6 and 8 and even more important: Your hair still looks thin, it will continue to thicken which gives major benefits. 

2 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

I do not think you are. Often there is a second growth spurt between month 6 and 8 and even more important: Your hair still looks thin, it will continue to thicken which gives major benefits. 

Harsh enough I don’t think that is thin looks very good to me.

54 minutes ago, Coady said:

Harsh enough I don’t think that is thin looks very good to me.

Sorry, I think this is a misunderstanding. I think the results looks good for 5+ month and will even further improve. What I meant was that the transplanted hair has not yet reached the final shaft diameter. The single hair hence is still "thin" (not the overall result is thin) and will further mature, especially in the crown. This effect is often underestimated as twice the diameter equals 4 times the amount of hairs. 

Edited by Gasthoerer

4 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

I was basically talking about hairline, I'm almost sure I have no more new growth. I can except some thickening but that's all. But that's okay, the result is still pretty good.

For crown, I did notice some improvement between month 5 and 6. So yeah I agree, crown should still improve.