Dr. Ozlem Bicer Review

IanH

• Administrators
On 3/21/2021 at 8:26 AM, IanH said:

Hi,

I wanted to share an update, it's been 8 months since my HT. Unsure if I will get any further growth but it seems to have continued up to now, maybe some thickening still to come. But if this was the end result I am absolutely delighted, very happy. 

Always happy to share any information I can or answer any questions.

Some images below, I haven'y used any product at all on it for styling since the HT, I will probably use some in the coming weeks.

Fresh from a haircut here so the donor area will be hard to judge, but it looks clean and in solid shape to me.

Cheers, 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Holy crap, that looks incredible. I’m convinced Bicer is one of the best in Turkey 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Could she be considered for a forum recommendation? 🙏

Absolutely 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, GaryJ said:

Awesome result. I have it with Dr. Bicer in 12 days. 

thanks for sharing. 

Cheers @GaryJ. Hope it goes well for you. I had a video call with Dr.Bicer and her assistant Ozen yesterday, just a quick catch up. They will make you feel very welcome. Let me know if you need any info / advice.

15 minutes ago, IanH said:

Cheers @GaryJ. Hope it goes well for you. I had a video call with Dr.Bicer and her assistant Ozen yesterday, just a quick catch up. They will make you feel very welcome. Let me know if you need any info / advice.

Thank you! Yeh nervous about the trip back and first few days. The critical first 10. I am sure before I leave they will prep and provide the needed steps. 

• Administrators
On 3/21/2021 at 2:26 PM, IanH said:

Hi, no I didn't, I was open with the clinic at the time I would be happy to share my story. We did a video in the clinic also, I'm sure they will share that when the time is right. At first I wasn't sure about showing my face but I've never hid the fact I've had a transplant and genuinely just happy to help people in that stage of indecision, I think that is the hardest part. 

Showing the face makes a huge difference. When I see my face before balding and now the change is drastic. Thanks for doing this 👏🏼

• Like 2

View my thread

5 hours ago, IanH said:

Bro did you have manual punch or micro motor for extraction? Just wondered why the prices are so different? Is this purely because of a time factor? Your results look unreal man happy for you 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ronaldo18 said:

Bro did you have manual punch or micro motor for extraction? Just wondered why the prices are so different? Is this purely because of a time factor? Your results look unreal man happy for you 

Thanks pal, yea micro motor. Yes pretty much time I think is the main reason. Most clinics I spoke with seem to assume this is the preferred option unless requested.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:36 PM, IanH said:

Hi LaserCap, you seem very knowledgeable!

The main reason for me posting is if I can genuinely help one person make a decision based on my experience then I'd be happy. For most people I guess this will be something they go through once in their lifetime and to say its a confusing field is, as most will agree, an understatement.

For sure, a lot of your points make perfect sense but I will touch on a few:

I stated I wanted to give my review '2 months after surgery', I also mention 'I understand it will take some time to see the final results'. So my words may be preliminary but its all I can base it on at the moment. I still look at the mirror lots of times a day to check for changes but I know it will take time so probably shouldn't check so much!

You mention it 'truly means nothing' to have only one patient per day, I really disagree with this point. Although the results may have been completely different, maybe even better, for me this was a big thing. Mentally, to know that I was the only patient in the surgery that day meant a lot.

When I said the 'team was outstanding' again I can only comment on my experience, I haven't done this before, maybe it was awful! But for me, I couldn't have asked for more. I was very welcomed, provided with every detail I needed prior to travelling and afterwards.

Yes, I did FUE. In total just over 3200 grafts. 0.6mm punch. I researched online and was very close to going to a clinic that a colleague went to and highly recommended, I spoke with those guys and just didn't have a good vibe. I had a few video calls with the Doctor herself and it felt right from the offset. She was very professional and spoke with a focus on my health initially, most others spoke only of the result and the price. 

Post op, yes I went to the clinic the day after for a clean and a de-brief. Was provided with all the aftercare products etc. On the day before the surgery I went in for pre-op, had a very detailed discussion about the procedure, met the team etc.

As I say, I'm more than happy to answer some more questions. I have plenty of pictures from the lead up and the days after the surgery.

The one question I do have is the use of finasteride and whether this is something most people take afterwards? Maybe you can help advise with that?

Cheers

If he were vastly knowledgeable he would surely know about dr bicers phenomenal hard work and career before this post 

2 hours ago, IanH said:

Thanks pal, yea micro motor. Yes pretty much time I think is the main reason. Most clinics I spoke with seem to assume this is the preferred option unless requested.

Is there any difference in the end result tho? Just Curious why ppl would ever pay 2.5 euro per graft when Motor is 1.5 per graft (if it were as effective in the end result/survival rate/transection rates were Similar but done in half the time) thoughts?

13 hours ago, IanH said:

What was your aftercare. First wash at home. How did you apply the lotion and shampoo? Wonder what the after care from Bicer is like. 

• Like 1

First clean was the day after the op in the clinic. But really that process starts at home yeah. Lotion and shampoo application seems fairly similar in most clinics. Some advise on sprays alongside etc. I think that's when the aftercare seemed good with regular photos/videos to see how scabs are forming and falling off. I wasn't being aggressive enough in my washes as I was just afraid of hair coming out! But Ozen (Dr.Bicers coordinator) was sure to advise and make sure I then did things differently. 

Edited by IanH

• 6 months later...

I had a hair transplant with Ms. Bicer in October 2020.  

I also had consultations with Ilker Apaydin and Emrah Cinik.

I felt the consultation with Apaydin was also good, the price was about the same, he also seemed competent, but there was no option to pay with credit card.

With Cinik, you don't actually do the consultation with him, and I honestly felt the process was atrocious,  It sort of felt like a scam, and that's why you should never trust reviews on sites, you should do consultations with the Dr. face to face, get a feel for their competence, class.

Besides the option to pay by credit card, the fact that Bicer at that time was doing only one operation every two days made the choice easier over Apaydin.  

I probably set a record for having the most hair ever to do a transplant, but I felt the timing was ideal, it was Covid times, there was virtually no wait to set up an appointment, it was Fall ( didn't have to worry about head sweating as much in colder weather), and my hair was clearly thinning in the front of my head and the lack of density was starting to get noticeable. 

I ended up getting from my hair line to about 3 inches up, hairs transplanted.  

I honestly haven't thought about the fact that I've had a transplant in like 4 or 5 months.  My hair is like it was 5 years ago.  I have great density in the first 3 inches up from my hairline.  I am no expert, but I don't think there were any mistakes made.  

From my perspective, the operation itself isn't that difficult.  I am shocked that doctors in many countries are charging $15,000 for it.  But obviously, it's something that is not worth risking, especially if you can afford to pay for it.

I would bet that the top doctors in Istanbul are going to be just as good as the ones charging ~4x more in other countries. The only reason that everyone isn't doing their hair transplant in Istanbul, is the inconvenience. 

One thing I appreciate, is that 3 or 4 times, after the operation, the doctor's assistant did moisturizer, wash for me which is part of the after treatment care.   

If I was to criticize one thing, I felt the information supplied by her, on the after care could have been better, more organized.  It's been such a long time since I've thought about the operation and the months after, but I remember there was perhaps two things I found out online that weren't clearly laid out in the after care notebook.  

From my experience, I would recommend for people to get a consultation with Bicer, Apaydin and at least one more Dr. face to face and choose which one you think offers the most value.  

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Density said:

I felt the consultation with Apaydin was also good, the price was about the same, he also seemed competent, but there was no option to pay with credit card.

With Cinik, you don't actually do the consultation with him, and I honestly felt the process was atrocious,  It sort of felt like a scam, and that's why you should never trust reviews on sites, you should do consultations with the Dr. face to face, get a feel for their competence, class.

Besides the option to pay by credit card, the fact that Bicer at that time was doing only one operation every two days made the choice easier over Apaydin.  

I probably set a record for having the most hair ever to do a transplant, but I felt the timing was ideal, it was Covid times, there was virtually no wait to set up an appointment, it was Fall ( didn't have to worry about head sweating as much in colder weather), and my hair was clearly thinning in the front of my head and the lack of density was starting to get noticeable. 

I ended up getting from my hair line to about 3 inches up, hairs transplanted.  

I honestly haven't thought about the fact that I've had a transplant in like 4 or 5 months.  My hair is like it was 5 years ago.  I have great density in the first 3 inches up from my hairline.  I am no expert, but I don't think there were any mistakes made.  

From my perspective, the operation itself isn't that difficult.  I am shocked that doctors in many countries are charging $15,000 for it.  But obviously, it's something that is not worth risking, especially if you can afford to pay for it.

I would bet that the top doctors in Istanbul are going to be just as good as the ones charging ~4x more in other countries. The only reason that everyone isn't doing their hair transplant in Istanbul, is the inconvenience. 

One thing I appreciate, is that 3 or 4 times, after the operation, the doctor's assistant did moisturizer, wash for me which is part of the after treatment care.   

If I was to criticize one thing, I felt the information supplied by her, on the after care could have been better, more organized.  It's been such a long time since I've thought about the operation and the months after, but I remember there was perhaps two things I found out online that weren't clearly laid out in the after care notebook.  

From my experience, I would recommend for people to get a consultation with Bicer, Apaydin and at least one more Dr. face to face and choose which one you think offers the most value.  

Can you share your review on here?

View my thread

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2021 at 3:04 AM, Density said:

You lucked out choosing Bicer over Apaydin!

Apaydin markets himself well so he SEEMS competent. But he is anything but. He goes on about being a "plastic surgeon" as if that has anything to do with hair transplants. He WAS a plastic surgeon over 10 years ago, but now he focuses on doing sloppy hair transplants to make better money. 

Why does he require you to pay in cash? So you can't demand a refund if he botches your hair transplant (which he will). He also makes you pay in EUROS (he won't accept Turkish Lira b/c the currency is unstable). He's quite a stickler on the money. But doing a careful professional job with your hair transplant? Not so much...

When I called him, I must say he was a smooth talker. He seemed genuine. That's why I booked. His website says HE does the surgery (his website goes on and on about how you should avoid clinics in Turkey where the nurses/techs are involved in the surgery), but when you call him he tells you that...

"Actually......the nurses/techs do most of the surgery." But he immediately reassured me that extractions/implantations are the "easy" part, and that he would supervise them anyway. Both are lies. If extractions are easy then why did his nurses/techs botch them? And he didn't supervise the extractions at all. I never saw or heard from him again after he did the incisions in the morning. The only important part of the surgery, he said, were the "incisions" and he would do them (he did them, but messed up the hair angles/directions). 

When you've already booked and flown to Turkey and you meet Dr. Apaydin in person, the charm is gone. You're now a "captive audience" and he doesn't feel the need to smooth-talk you anymore. He draws lines on your head, and if you ask any questions he becomes VISIBLY annoyed. He doesn't want to "waste" more than 3 minutes on your consultation. At one point he said "I'm the doctor. You should just leave this to the doctor." Leave the surgery to the doctor? Absolutely. But the hairline design? Well, that's the whole POINT of the consultation. To reach an agreement taking into consideration the patient's expectations and desires, and the doctor's expertise. 

Dr. Apaydin is a first-rate fraud in my opinion, but a third-rate HT surgeon. 

Edited by AvoidDrIlkerApaydin

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/21/2021 at 8:26 AM, IanH said:

Hi,

I wanted to share an update, it's been 8 months since my HT. Unsure if I will get any further growth but it seems to have continued up to now, maybe some thickening still to come. But if this was the end result I am absolutely delighted, very happy. 

Always happy to share any information I can or answer any questions.

Some images below, I haven'y used any product at all on it for styling since the HT, I will probably use some in the coming weeks.

Fresh from a haircut here so the donor area will be hard to judge, but it looks clean and in solid shape to me.

Cheers, 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Goddamn. 8 months. What in the frick am I doing wrong.

If you ever come back, please add some shots of your hairline with your hair up. It seems like you never wear your hair like this but would love to see the density.