Best HT surgeons in the west coast?

forge3012

Hi, I’ve been reading lots of reviews about Dr. Diep and have decided to cancel my surgery with him. It’s been a nightmare dealing with his front office already and I expected much more for the price.

What surgeons are recommended around the west coast? I’ve heard Dr. Hasson, any other options to consider?  Willing to fly or drive to Canada as well

Hey boss @forge3012 I am also from the west coast. San Francisco to be exact, is there a reason why you are limiting your options to that area? I just got my procedure done with Dr. Konior, who has been nothing short of incredible, he is in Chicago so around a 4-5 hour flight.  

Edited by MagnificentAl

• Administrators

Never limit yourself to location, even country. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I will most likely require 4000-5000 grafts. Dr Diep recommended FUT, but I've been considering FUE more and more. Diep told me I'd need multiple surgeries to do 3500+. I just heard back from H&W and they have suggested FUE for the same graft count above. Only factor is, cost wise FUE with H&W is about double Dieps FUT. Have folks here had good surgeries on a budget? I've heard lots of good and bad things about Turkey, but it's really enticing cost wise.

I'm located in San Francisco but the more I think about it, I'm pretty open to going anywhere at this point. I've waited over a year for Diep and now don't even get email responses and my surgery is coming up in Jan. 

7 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

Trust me when I tell you, you made a good decision. If you are adamant the geography, Dr. Stephen Gabel out of Portland, OR. You won't get anywhere near the experience you had with Dr. Diep's office. Read @ShadowMoon's post.

What was the cost per graft for Dr. Gabel?

1 hour ago, forge3012 said:

I will most likely require 4000-5000 grafts. Dr Diep recommended FUT, but I've been considering FUE more and more. Diep told me I'd need multiple surgeries to do 3500+. I just heard back from H&W and they have suggested FUE for the same graft count above. Only factor is, cost wise FUE with H&W is about double Dieps FUT. Have folks here had good surgeries on a budget? I've heard lots of good and bad things about Turkey, but it's really enticing cost wise.

I'm located in San Francisco but the more I think about it, I'm pretty open to going anywhere at this point. I've waited over a year for Diep and now don't even get email responses and my surgery is coming up in Jan. 

I would encourage you to really research Dr Diep. I know that he is really close to you and I but I would not let that be a factor at all. While I have seen some amazing results by him, I have also seen some bad results. I decided to not consider Diep because If I were to get one of those bad results I’d be incredibly frustrated due to the price. And on top of that he did not seem willing to work with the patients who were not satisfied once he got your money. Hassan and Wong are amazing and I have read about Rahal in Toronto, although I did not really research him in depth.

1 minute ago, MagnificentAl said:

I would encourage you to really research Dr Diep. I know that he is really close to you and I but I would not let that be a factor at all. While I have seen some amazing results by him, I have also seen some bad results. I decided to not consider Diep because If I were to get one of those bad results I’d be incredibly frustrated due to the price. And on top of that he did not seem willing to work with the patients who were not satisfied once he got your money. Hassan and Wong are amazing and I have read about Rahal in Toronto, although I did not really research him in depth.

That was my experience as well. I was really excited about it initially and felt like the right choice but the lack of response to the point where my wife had to drive to their office to get any information about next steps was ridiculous. If you're going to charge over 20k, the least you can do is be responsive to patients. I was also given multiple dates and had to call and check in with various staff to get to the bottom of it. I'm sure his results are great, but if they aren't, itll be a nightmare to get any resolution or response from him.

2 hours ago, forge3012 said:

4000-5000 is a mega session, or requires multiple sessions. But it is still possible with FUE depending on your candidacy:  age, donor supply, hair characteristics, density, even hair color, hairline design. Be sure to set your expectations accordingly however.

Check out this thread. 8300 FUE grafts over 3 procedures. Results are amazing both on the donor side and the hairline + crown. The benefit is that the surgeon does both the excision and graft placement. If you select this doctor, overall costs with travel figured and bringing along the wife for a somewhat mini-vacation or get away will be less than what Dr. Diep quoted, even though you've already lost the $1000 deposit.

2 hours ago, forge3012 said:

@ShadowMoon wants to keep that info to himself. But give Dr. Gabel's office a ring and find out for yourself.

3 hours ago, forge3012 said:

The most reasonable you will find of any surgeon with his background and experience by a significant amount if you decide to go FUT. He charges half for FUT what he does for FUE because it is much less labor intensive.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Hasson & Wong are awesome. Check out the prescreened physician search. 

Good luck in your search. Tons of real patient results to check out too.

Hey @JohnAC71, trying to find the prescreened physicians search but haven't had much luck yet. Could you point me to it? It's probably hiding in plain sight.

Edit: found it, it was indeed in plain sight

Edited by forge3012