Which surgeon/doctor at HLC Ankara is the best?

Grafts

HLC Ankara is noted to be one of the better clinics in Turkey.

I am thinking about going to them in 2021, however, it seems they don't have any information on who the best surgeon is at the facility.

Do they only have four doctors? Which doctors specialize in beard to head (Body hair transplants)? 

Who is the best hair transplant surgeon overall at HLC Ankara?

Thanks. 

• Administrators

I don’t know much about them, m I’d like to know this information as well. Very strange set up. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Hello. Im having the surgery with them in February. I dont think there is a worse or best one. I have seen on many forums different doctors performing the surgery and both cases look great. Im not gonna lie, I would be happier if dr. Ozgun makes me the surgery or part of it, since He is the director and head surgeon, but surely anyone will make it good. There have been making surgeries for more than 14 years all together.

I just had my procedure completed. 4 different doctors worked on me over 2 days. I'm 90% sure Dr. Akin is the only one that does beard transplants. Another gentleman staying at the apartment during my stay had that done and we talked about that.

I'll post my experience later after I get the clinic photos. 

On edit: I just read on their website that Dr. Ozgur also does BHT.

Edited by MachoVato
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Wow 4 different doctors, I’ve never seen a clinic operate that way, what’s the experience of each doctor?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow 4 different doctors, I’ve never seen a clinic operate that way, what’s the experience of each doctor?

I don't know their resumes, per se. I did ask Dr. Elif why they use multiple doctors and she said that they work very collaboratively, they learn from each other and it helps prevent fatigue. No weak links. Of the four, Dr. Akin and Dr. Elif were my favorites. They made me feel the most relaxed.

Just speculating, but I think it also has to do with schedules. The clinic is open Monday - Saturday. So a doctor may start one day but not be in the office the next. 

It's unorthodox, no doubt. But I selected them because of reviews and their videos. I saw at least 5 doctors (Dr. Ozgur didn't work on me), although 6 are listed on their website. It was a little hard to tell because everyone was wearing masks.

Edited by MachoVato

56 minutes ago, Andrei said:

I had the procedure also at hlc ankara almost 1 week and half ago. I had 3200 grafts in 2 days. At me worked dr Elif and dr Umut. Dr Umut extracted also grafts  from beard. Now will see in 6-7 how the result will be.

Best of luck!

I'll attach one photo from my phone that came out clear, after day 1. This is the work of Dr. Akin and Elif. I'm pretty happy with the density at this time. 

hlc-day1.jpg

• Administrators

I’ve heard excellent things about HLC, just wish I knew a little more about the doctors. 

View my thread

6 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’ve heard excellent things about HLC, just wish I knew a little more about the doctors. 

This. On their website the only doctor that approaches having a real bio is the head doctor of the clinic. The other doctors don't even warrant full names.

With the rep Turkey has for disreputable behavior, it would be nice if someone could find the credentials of the various doctors.

From a before/after standpoint, they have some of the most aesthetic results I've seen.

Best wishes to @MachoVato and @Andrei.

Edited by PizzaWolf

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

This. On their website the only doctor that approaches having a real bio is the head doctor of the clinic. The other doctors don't even warrant full names.

With the rep Turkey has for disreputable behavior, it would be nice if someone could find the credentials of the various doctors.

From a before/after standpoint, they have some of the most aesthetic results I've seen.

From what I’ve seen Dr. Bicer is up there as well. Does one patient a day, does the extractions herself, and is involved in the entire process. She’s also I believe 1.8 per graft. I would like to get some quality Turkish clinics here, ones that perform the surgery and don’t do 6-8 patients a day. What’s the head surgeon of HLC called?

View my thread

6 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Totally valid. I guess I took a leap of faith based on results. I also liked that they had 5 or 6 doctors on staff (there were 4 patients there at the time). 

I owe them an email to get my photos they took. I'll ask if they are willing to provide more details. Maybe they would be a good for your next video "Melvin Interview Series"? :D 

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

From what I’ve seen Dr. Bicer is up there as well. Does one patient a day, does the extractions herself, and is involved in the entire process. She’s also I believe 1.8 per graft. I would like to get some quality Turkish clinics here, ones that perform the surgery and don’t do 6-8 patients a day. What’s the head surgeon of HLC called?

Dr. Oztan Ozgur.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, PizzaWolf said:

Dr. Oztan Ozgur.

Thanks I’ll research him.

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

What’s the head surgeon of HLC called?

I was just looking this up. His name is Dr. Özgür Öztan. 

Apparently he's also the president of FUE Europe?
https://www.fue-europe.org/

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Totally valid. I guess I took a leap of faith based on results. I also liked that they had 5 or 6 doctors on staff (there were 4 patients there at the time). 

I owe them an email to get my photos they took. I'll ask if they are willing to provide more details. Maybe they would be a good for your next video "Melvin Interview Series"? :D 

Haha hey I’m always open to get patients real information. They seem good from what I’ve seen.

View my thread