miko

Asmed, higher number of grafts than other clinics

Can anybody explain why does Asmed usually need a significantly higher number of grafts than other clinics to achieve their results? 

Technically youd have to ask Asmed themselves for a proper response, but my best guess is they do it to adhere to the "one and done approach"  .... AKA going for the biggest cosmetic benefit possible in a single surgery .... AKA taking as much money from you as possible.

While their donors always look pretty impressive and ive seen a few great result from them, they are probably best suited to guys on the higher NW scale looking to get the most coverage possible in a single session.

Given graft survival and blood supply peaks around 2k I dont find their approach (nor their general hairline design) advisable, but when you take into account the shitty nature of this industry they are still far above average in most respects.

• Like 1

Yes, but Asmed usually still needs more grafts than other clinics to achieve their result regardless NW scale. If for NW2 other clinics need 1500 - 2000 grafts, Asmed needs 3000. If for NW3 other clinics need 2500 - 3000 grafts, Asmed needs 4000, etc. Their donor areas look quite qood after megasessions. Are they cheat with number of grafts? Yes, I agree, Asmed´s hairline design is disaster. One unnatural, strange and ridiculous hairline is also on my head. Dr. Erdogan used to say that"your hairline is always with you". This is true. I hate my hairline everywhere I go...  

i dont think they cheat per se, but I would definitely argue their approach is less artistic and thought-out than other clinics which have more direct doctor involvement. And so that might be reflected in their higher graft numbers. Asmed are also not known for their conservatism, so comparing different graft estimates between clinics can also be difficult.

Hair selection matters (there are different types of hair located throughout the donor), the placement of grafts matter, hair direction matter. If getting a HT is about creating an "illusion of density" it's how a clinic approaches these things (and more) that distinguishes an average clinic from a great one - there is an artistry to this field after all. IMO Asmed basically just get the job done - which for a lot of guys is enough. 

I dont know your current situation or what happened specifically, but im sorry about your hairline. All I can hope is that you still have a viable donor supply and some options to fix it. If it helps Ive seen a few repair cases by Feriduni lately where he has fixed and redrawn the hairline which looked amazing. 

On 8/4/2020 at 9:16 AM, transplantedphil said:

i dont think they cheat per se, but I would definitely argue their approach is less artistic and thought-out than other clinics which have more direct doctor involvement. And so that might be reflected in their higher graft numbers. Asmed are also not known for their conservatism, so comparing different graft estimates between clinics can also be difficult.

Hair selection matters (there are different types of hair located throughout the donor), the placement of grafts matter, hair direction matter. If getting a HT is about creating an "illusion of density" it's how a clinic approaches these things (and more) that distinguishes an average clinic from a great one - there is an artistry to this field after all. IMO Asmed basically just get the job done - which for a lot of guys is enough. 

I dont know your current situation or what happened specifically, but im sorry about your hairline. All I can hope is that you still have a viable donor supply and some options to fix it. If it helps Ive seen a few repair cases by Feriduni lately where he has fixed and redrawn the hairline which looked amazing. 

Thank you very much for your comment. I was at Asmed in January 2017. This is link on my whole story:

Asmed and "Dr." Erdogan fuc.ed up my HT, my hairline is unnatural, strange and ridiculous and my density is very lack. Also they refuse any responsibility for this hair transplant. I am just curious why they usually need much more grafts than other clinics to achieve their results. But you are right. Surgery is performed by technicians, doctors just do the incisions part. Maybe therefore they need more grafts. In present, when donor area is more valuable than money, taking into account their attitude to their clients, when Asmed refuse responsibility for anything,  I am surprise that still have some clients... 

On 8/4/2020 at 9:16 AM, transplantedphil said:

And yes, Dr. Feriduni was between doctors for my repair HT. But I choosed another one. I hope, the best...