Looking for FUE Clinic advice..

9 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

Your math is incorrect.

A ryanair return flight from the UK to Porto costs 50£, a decent Airbnb in Espinho will cost you 40£/night and Uber Eats won’t be more than 30£/day so for 4 nights you are looking at 230£ for your flight plus room and board. 

Also, you can’t compare Dr. BF with Dr. Arshad because he’s in a whole other league.

I understand that with Covid19 you don’t want to travel but I would advise you to wait and get a better quality HT at a lower price with Dr. BF.

My math is correct, because it suits my situation. If I stay abroad it will be in quality accommodation, I won't be treating it like I'm backpacking my way through a hair transplant. There's all other costs that I will have to factor in besides room, flights, and food. As I said there's parking at the airport, fuel in my car amongst other things. My business will be affected if I'm away from home and also if I have to factor in isolating. Basically I know what I will and won't spend.

That's beside the point, I haven't chosen where I am going based on price, it's just happens to be well priced for the UK and an hour's drive from my home.

Whilst it's not easy to compare any two doctors as they all have different styles and surgery is not black and white, I am impressed by what the Hair Dr has achieved and the results his clinic is creating. 

I am hearing great things about Dr Ferreira and believe him to be capable, but until he starts creating a portfolio of clientele of what he is producing for all to see, I don't think you can start ranking him above other doctors. I have followed him for a while now, and he literally posts no results. Does that fill me with the confidence to jump on a plane and undergo surgery in a foreign country to save a couple of quid? Not yet. Rolandas had a great result and I'm sure there's more, but terrible clinics have lucky results. He has his own clinic, staff and uses social media, there is no reason for the lack of documented surgeries he is performing. 

8 minutes ago, Richie888 said:

My math is correct, because it suits my situation. If I stay abroad it will be in quality accommodation, I won't be treating it like I'm backpacking my way through a hair transplant. There's all other costs that I will have to factor in besides room, flights, and food. As I said there's parking at the airport, fuel in my car amongst other things. My business will be affected if I'm away from home and also if I have to factor in isolating. Basically I know what I will and won't spend.

That's beside the point, I haven't chosen where I am going based on price, it's just happens to be well priced for the UK and an hour's drive from my home.

Whilst it's not easy to compare any two doctors as they all have different styles and surgery is not black and white, I am impressed by what the Hair Dr has achieved and the results his clinic is creating. 

I am hearing great things about Dr Ferreira and believe him to be capable, but until he starts creating a portfolio of clientele of what he is producing for all to see, I don't think you can start ranking him above other doctors. I have followed him for a while now, and he literally posts no results. Does that fill me with the confidence to jump on a plane and undergo surgery in a foreign country to save a couple of quid? Not yet. Rolandas had a great result and I'm sure there's more, but terrible clinics have lucky results. He has his own clinic, staff and uses social media, there is no reason for the lack of documented surgeries he is performing. 

Totally understand.

Sadly we won’t see much on HRN because he’s affiliated with Dr. Lorenzo so he can’t promote his work and almost all of the patients from his own clinic don’t take the time to post at HRN or any other forum.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Curious25 said:

I think when he said he didn’t believe that, he was referring to your comment in regards to Dr BF being in a completely different league to Dr Arshad.  

I’m not saying he’s on par with Lorenzo and BF, because I’m not sure how many years experience he has in comparison . . but the results I have seen from Dr A on here don’t categorically put him in a completely different league IMO - a lot of them are patient posted Aswell, which also hold a lot more weight. 

Yes for me as well. I believe I’ve seen a few results from BF, they look good. But I’ve seen twice as many from Arshad that also look good. A surgeon in a completely different league would be someone like Konior, Hasson and Wong, etc, who have been elite for decades and have twice the experience. I believe they’re both young and up and coming doctors. In my opinion they’re definitely comparable, even in price range. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@KingthinI represent HDC clinic in Cyprus Nicosia, Dr. Maras did my amazing repair procedure, I also have thin hair less than the average and Dr. Maras used manual punch for that, we charge 2.3 - 2.5 Euros per graft (through me) including free accommodations, you're welcome to consult with me on private.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

@KingthinI represent HDC clinic in Cyprus Nicosia, Dr. Maras did my amazing repair procedure, I also have thin hair less than the average and Dr. Maras used manual punch for that, we charge 2.3 - 2.5 Euros per graft (through me) including free accommodations, you're welcome to consult with me on private.

Didn’t know he provided free accommodation, good to know 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

8 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

Totally understand.

Sadly we won’t see much on HRN because he’s affiliated with Dr. Lorenzo so he can’t promote his work and almost all of the patients from his own clinic don’t take the time to post at HRN or any other forum.

Keep your eyes peeled. I just finished day 1 of 2 of my surgery with BF ;)

He said he splits his time 25/75 between Lorenzo's Clinic/His Porto clinic. He should be building a portfolio soon then I imagine. Patient results are also posted on his instagram occasionally.

Edited by LondonRamen
  • Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, LondonRamen said:

Keep your eyes peeled. I just finished day 1 of 2 of my surgery with BF ;)

He said he splits his time 25/75 between Lorenzo's Clinic/His Porto clinic. He should be building a portfolio soon then I imagine. Patient results are also posted on his instagram occasionally.

Great, yes his portfolio looks good thus far, but here we value the unbiased reviews from patients like yourself. Look forward to your review and happy growing 😎

View my thread

11 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Great, yes his portfolio looks good thus far, but here we value the unbiased reviews from patients like yourself. Look forward to your review and happy growing 😎

Interestingly he is quite booked out despite covid, and you need to get in touch a few months in advance, so it could just be a higher occurence of patients who are keen to mantain their privacy. I am keen on my privacy too, so I will try to pick up some basic photoshop skills and figure out how to blur my face.

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, LondonRamen said:

Interestingly he is quite booked out despite covid, and you need to get in touch a few months in advance, so it could just be a higher occurence of patients who are keen to mantain their privacy. I am keen on my privacy too, so I will try to pick up some basic photoshop skills and figure out how to blur my face.

No need for photoshop, just include the forehead upwards. No one’s gonna recognize you from the top. 

View my thread

12 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

Totally understand.

P.S I'm a fan of BF and in no way bashing him or how he works, it's just frustrating that his work is trickling through. I think in 24-36 months internationally he will be up there to compete with but for me now and the way everything is shaping up with travel etc I am happy to get it done close to home.