Choosing Hasson or Wong

Der3k7

I have read that people's opinions are that Hasson tends to produce better results for hairlines whereas Wong tends to produce better results for crown work. Is this really true and noticeable in patient posted results or is it sort of a toss up?

I think it's just a meme and they can both work on parts of the scalp equally as well as one another.  I'd be a bit worried if one of them couldn't do a good crown/hairline having practiced for 30 years!!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

On 2/22/2020 at 6:35 AM, hairlossPA said:

one of their representatives (doug) who regularly posts their results here has said that it’s just a forum myth that hasson is better for hairlines and wong does crowns. totally false. not sure why this has stuck around...

Do u actually think the forum rep will come in and say “yes, Wong’s weak point is def hairlines but he excels at crown restorations?” As far as I know wong is the pioneer in developing the lateral slit technique himself. If he’s perfected his craft, then he should by definition get the most visually out of the grafts used.

But, what do I know? I’m just a random dude on a forum 🙃

2 hours ago, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

Dr's Hasson and Wong are two of the best in the field. I have been to their clinic and seen their results. You can't go wrong either way. 

I need it already wasted thousands of grafts. And I though last time when I went to asmed that I was going to one of the best in the world too. 

• Administrators

I think they’re both equally capable of producing great results anywhere on the scalp.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It's kind of funny to think about the main difference between the surgery I had with asmed and what ill have with hasson will be different techs extracting and planting considering both surgeons only make incisions themselves. 

My nose job surgeon did the entire thing himself. I think even boob jobs the surgeons don't use techs. I find it odd it is so common in this field to use techs. 

Even tattoos you pay the artist to do it you don't pay a separate tech to do it. 

If one argues that Extracting and placing  grafts is easy enough for a tech to do then I wouldn't think there would be such large variation in how well a surgery yields all the grafts planted

Edited by Der3k7

• 3 years later...
On 2/21/2020 at 7:55 PM, 1978matt said:

I think it's just a meme and they can both work on parts of the scalp equally as well as one another.  I'd be a bit worried if one of them couldn't do a good crown/hairline having practiced for 30 years!!

“It’s just a meme” could apply to a lot of gimmicky hair transplant doc reputations