Whats the overall feeling on Dr.Diep?

Diep is a somewhat divisive doctor on this board. Lots of "home run" results...........one very recently I think...mixed with some quirks that dont conform with elite doctors......like Konior, Hasson, Wesley, Dorin

Three recently discussed are: 

(1) lack of micro- irregularity in his hairlines......i.e. lines of hair placed like a row of soldiers....actually in that "home run" case....leaving it slightly below perfect

(2) strange doner management using FUE - where he only removes hair from one side of the head leaving the subsequent doner hair thinned out as opposed to spreading extractions all across safe zone

• Administrators

Dr. Diep is an elite surgeon, some don’t like him, because perhaps they don’t personally like his hairlines. Not everyone will like a design, it’s a matter of taste. That said, I can name off at least a dozen forum members who’ve had home run results, including myself.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, RealHTdoc said:

Melvin i can spot faults with your hairline no disrespect to you. You use alot of product to hide

Homerun is never thinking about the transplant again.

Dr. Kumar, the same guy who was called out by one of our recommended surgeons for lying. 

Did I say my hairline is perfect? No, you may think it looks bad, that’s your opinion you’re entitled to it.

I do not use any product in my hairline, that is false. I use concealer in my crown which I’m very transparent and open about.

Secondly, your statement is a set-up for unreasonable and unrealistic expectations. 

“Homerun is never thinking about an HT again”

hair loss is progressive, that’s a fact. Hair transplants do not cure hair loss, so that statement is unequivocally false, there is no such thing as one and done hair transplants.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 hours ago, pre-screened said:

Diep is a somewhat divisive doctor on this board. Lots of "home run" results...........one very recently I think...mixed with some quirks that dont conform with elite doctors......like Konior, Hasson, Wesley, Dorin

(1) lack of micro- irregularity in his hairlines......i.e. lines of hair placed like a row of soldiers....actually in that "home run" case....leaving it slightly below perfect

(2) strange doner management using FUE - where he only removes hair from one side of the head leaving the subsequent doner hair thinned out as opposed to spreading extractions all across safe zone

Carlos Wesley from NY is good?

Carlos Wesley is a good doc (My opinion) and recommended here as well 

18 hours ago, pre-screened said:

I would also add that to me there seem to be some FUT cases of his on this board where the strip closure/scar appears wide and poorly healed. This can happen with any FUT procedure but it does seem to be more common for him, at least on this forum. There was even a recent case where the incision itself is almost diagonal across the back of the patient’s head, which is unusual.

It also seems to me that he has more anecdotal complaints on here than other surgeons of patients feeling as though his clinic’s patient care and customer service tendencies are questionable. 

All that being said, I do agree that he certainly has many strong final results in his portfolio. 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, bigtyivier2k2 said:

@Melvin-Moderator Your hairline seems fine to me. Dr.Diep?

Yes, that was all Dr. Diep, check out my hair transplant journey for more in depth photos of my procedures.

Now, I will concede that some have felt they were being rushed with Dr. Diep, but after speaking with him, that’s not the case at all, he is only one surgeon and does most of the work himself, with the exception of implantation.

He truly takes pride in his work, and he gets joy out of changing lives, he’s definitely changed mine. That said, don’t take my word for it, or anyones.

Do your own research, and make sure you look at real patient reviews and speak with patients. There are some armchair quarterbacks, make sure you don’t fall for hearsay, as it can persuade you (good or bad), and this isn’t specific to Diep.

Speak with happy patients and not so happy patients, but remember only real patients know how the surgeon really is, and not those who have “heard” hope that helps.

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Do your own research, and make sure you look at real patient reviews and speak with patients. There are some armchair quarterbacks, make sure you don’t fall for hearsay, as it can persuade you (good or bad), and this isn’t specific to Diep.

Speak with happy patients and not so happy patients, but remember only real patients know how the surgeon really is, and not those who have “heard” hope that helps.

Well said @Melvin-Moderator

Paddy