POINTLESS

ANYONE EVER FEEL LIKE GIVING IT ALL UP I STARTED LOSING MY HAIR AT 19 BUT YOU LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT EVEN IF ITS ONLY HALF LIVED THEN YOU READ ABOUT HAIR TRANSPLANTS SEE SOME PICS THAT COULD BE ME I JUST NEED THE MONEY AND I CAN START LIVING AGAIN SO I TRY TO GET A JOB 100 JOBS APPLYED FOR IN TWO MONTHS NO ONES INTRESTED MOST DONT EVEN REPLY IT ALL SEEMS SO POINTLESS I KNOW ITS JUST HAIR AND A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE IT WORSE IN LIFE BUT STILL.

I do not know you JIMjim but if I were in your shoes, I would do the following:

1) Continue the search for a job: Looking for work sucks...its tough, awkward and requires lots of effort that is often rewardless.

I know it is tougher than usual to land a job in this economic downturn....but the economy is picking up, which will create opportunities. Dont give up, something will come up!

2) Send your photos to Dr. Dr. Humayun Mohmand. This doctor operates out of Pakistan and is therefore able to charge a lot less per graft than his North American competitors. Since money seems to be an issue, you can goto the doc who offers the best prices but keep in mind that his quality is outstanding. You will have to pay for a plane ticket but it will still be way cheaper.

3) Get a loan if need be. Interest rates are very low now so you could get a good rate.

Jim,

I remember how I felt when I first started losing my hair. I wore a hat just about everywhere and tried just about every lotion and potion in the book to stop it. Unfortunately, nothing really seemed to work except Rogaine. But I foolishly came off it trying so called "miracle" products and lost too much ground for Rogaine to pick up. I didn't get on finasteride until I was about 27...the same time I had my first hair transplant.

Jim, nobody likes hair loss. I can certainly attest to that. But it's vital that we learn to put more focus on what's in our head rather than what's on it.

Right now, the economy is pretty harsh, but I highly doubt you aren't being hired because of your hair. Research hair restoration and seek support on this forum. But have confidence in your abilities and who you are as a person.

One day if we're lucky, we'll all be old and wrinkly and our appearance (while we'd like to keep it youthful) will be the least of our concerns.

Hang in there my friend,

Bill

JIMjim,

Yes, hair loss sucks. But don't just get a job for the procedure. Get a job to earn a living. And I also highly recommend to start using periods.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

WRITING ETIQUETE IS THE LEAST OF MY WORRYS RIGHT NOW I HAVE A JOB A TALENT A VOCATION IT JUST DOESNT PAY ENOUGH SO A PROPER JOB IS WHATS NEEDED BUT BECAUSE I HAVENT HAD APROPER JOB FOR A WHILE NO ONES INTRESTED IVE CHECKED OUT DR HUMAYAN I JUST ONE PERSON TO GIVE ME A CHANCE 6 BILLION PEOPLE IN THE WORLD I JUST NEED ONE SOUNDS EASY I HOPE TO BE OLD AND BALD ONE DAY BUT FROM HERE TO THERE I HOPE TO HAVE LIVED A LITTLE BIT MORE THAN I HAVE BEEN AND I BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT I NEED TO DO THAT ITS PATHETIC BUT THERE YOU GO.<FULL STOP

Haha.. Thanks for the period there JIMjim. I'm just saying that punctuation would make your posts more readable... thus more people would be able to help you out. But whatever you do, don't just go to a doctor simply because you can afford him. Look around. Often times, patients need more than one procedure to be happy with there results... so you are looking at a 2 year window... an HT can be great.. but it's never a quick fix.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Jim,

I understand your frustration, i talk to and help people in tough situation in reagrds to seeking employment in a field that they will LOVE. My advice choose a job you love and if you cannot find one, look into going back to school, it's a great time to do that for many! In regards to your hair and a HT, TAKE YOUR TIME! Research and then research more, if it takes you 1-2 years thats ok! Best of luck!

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

• Moderators
Originally posted by JIMjim:

ANYONE EVER FEEL LIKE GIVING IT ALL UP I STARTED LOSING MY HAIR AT 19 BUT YOU LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT EVEN IF ITS ONLY HALF LIVED THEN YOU READ ABOUT HAIR TRANSPLANTS SEE SOME PICS THAT COULD BE

Yes! September of this year made 20 years since my first HT and I still have less hair then when I started. The pattern is a bit different with a little more hair in some places, but a lot less hair in others. Overall I look a lot worse then the day before I started. I've even been asked a few times from people who don't know what I went through why I don't get a HT if my hair bothers me. Yeah right!! Even my ex girlfriend asked me one time why I never had it done since I told her I was going to do it years ago when we broke up.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hey JIMjim try and hang on in there bro, i know how you feel though, the last two.three years have been a nghtmare for me, my confidence has been soo low, but things are starting to look up for me now,

i hope you find a job, my fingers are crossed for you,

Jim,

I dont know how old you are, but as you get older, the impact of hairloss is less and less.

If you can make it to your late 20's, its not nearly as painful as when you are in your early 20s. In early 20s, none of your friends seem to have hairloss, and many girls think its "weird", but by late 20s, and then mid 30s, its very commonplace.

No one needs a HT. It is something that you can work towards with your career, like a nice car and a house.