North American for FUE

Hi I'm from Australia and I'm looking at getting a FUE in 2020.

From my research is doesn't look like their are any decent surgeons in Australia for FUE. So I am choosing to fly to North America to have the procedure later on in 2020.

So far the surgeons that I have researched are:

• Dr Rahal
  • Dr Diep
  • Dr Nader

I was wondering If you could provide me which recommendations that would be great.

Cheers, 

:)

Edited by THX1138

Hello @THX1138 .  You have come to a great forum for your research.  I was researching here for many years and got many answers to help me decide, so I know you will find the same. 

I have documented my experience here with advice and tips that I got along the way that have helped others. 

Take your time and dont rush into any decision is worth keeping in mind. 

All the best.

......Paddy.....

• Like 1

• Administrators

You got some good names, I don't know much about Dr. Nader, but Dr. Rahal and Dr. Diep are great surgeons. The best advice I could give you is spend some time on our surgeon/reviews section, look at real patient reviews, private message patients and gain a real feel of what surgeon is actually doing good work. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hasson and Wong  and Konior and Dr Nadimi should be looked at as well.  Theyve been putting out some good FUE.  Havent really seen any real patients express extreme disappointment or concerns it seems- unless someone else says otherwise.

best of luck and please research and talk to real patients.  See if you can meet any in person as well.  

I live in APAC and went to Dr Laorwong in Bangkok for my 2nd FUE. He did a stellar job on my hairline for 1/3 of the cost of a top US surgeon. My first FUE was with a top US doc doing only FUE and the result was not so great- low density mostly. But I had no scars and no pain in both surgeries.

Whatever you choose, I would recommend a place experienced in using the implanter pen as opposed to the lateral slit/forceps method. Implanter pen is a more recent technique which limits damage to the grafts, gives better angle control and allows for denser packing.

Another advice - restart minoxidil 1 week after the HT by using oral minox which helps boosting early growth

Edited by elduterino

7 hours ago, elduterino said:

I live in APAC and went to Dr Laorwong in Bangkok for my 2nd FUE. He did a stellar job on my hairline for 1/3 of the cost of a top US surgeon. My first FUE was with a top US doc doing only FUE and the result was not so great- low density mostly. But I had no scars and no pain in both surgeries.

Whatever you choose, I would recommend a place experienced in using the implanter pen as opposed to the lateral slit/forceps method. Implanter pen is a more recent technique which limits damage to the grafts, gives better angle control and allows for denser packing.

Another advice - restart minoxidil 1 week after the HT by using oral minox which helps boosting early growth

Did umar ever give insight in terms of why the density did not go as planned?

Keep in mind that this FUE  was done in 2014 so perhaps he has changed/improved his techniques by now. For me it was my first HT and I was not too sure if this was good or bad so I did not ask further back then.

Edited by elduterino