• Valued Contributor

What were the reasons that Eugenix/Dr Arika rejected you as a repair patient? Was it due to a lack of scalp/beard grafts? Dr Arika is a very honest and upfront doctor. If she recommended that you are not a candidate then take that on board when researching with other surgeons. I only say this because you don't want to jump out of the pan and back into the fire (though I am not saying that this is the case). I wish you all the best in your research.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Being quite honest it doesn’t look bad. You have some thinning in the midscalp. That could be due to hair loss progression. How does the hairline look pushed back?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 years later...

I'm interested to see how this turned out after all.  I don't want to raise a dead post, but I'm a big fan of Dr Bhatti.  Had my second transplant with him two days ago.  The first I had was in Chandigarh, and this time I visited his Mumbai operation.

I really don't want to be disrespectful, and it's not my intention to be dismissive of any disappointment you may have experienced.  I really do feel that people have interesting expectations regarding hair transplants.  They don't de-bald you, or return you to your former state.  They don't replicate the density of your other areas of hair that haven't thinned yet.  It's about selective illusion, the impression of hair being there.  Not being dense, not being original, just framing the face.

My first operation with Dr Bhatti was in 2019 and it was absolutely fab.  I feel terribly vain coming back to 'lower the hairline' even more.  With my prior transplant, there were no gaps, no failed transplants (patches or missing parts) and the density was well calculated to accomodate what donors I could provide vs the area I wanted covered.  This is the big factor.  If you had endless donor hair, or requested more - then density would likely correlate.

My results looked best after a full 12-18 months.  I hope you can see the results now, and be sure to compare your before and after photos.  It's very easy to apply confirmation bias when expectations might not match the situation.

Again - no disrespect intended, I think your latest photos look great!

Edited by JacobG