distance from eyebrows to hairline

Hi. 

I would like to know what distance from the eyebrows to the hairline do you guys think should be considered normal after a hair transplant. I know there is a bunch of different hair types and hair loss, but just in the ball-park

I just had my first hair transplant, and i was mostly focused on restoring my hairline. it is now ca. 8 centimeter, and i think it might be a little high. 

i have read that aswell. thats why i am a little annoyed because i have 7 cm from chin to nose, then 7 cm from nose to eyebrows, but then there is 8 cm to my hairline

Edited by Ticarno

Can you share some pics first?...there are some significant variances in size of foreheads, facial features, and the like.

It's hard to suggest something without seeing pics of you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Can you provide pics that show your entire forehead and hairline?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

You could potentially come down another 1.5 to 2 cm and let it grow out.

You want to be careful how much more donor this would take.

Gillenator

Glad to hear that my friend!...:D

Gillenator

I live in Italy and speak Italian so I am not against the great Leonardo but his teaching was not really made for hair transplantation rules when as said there are many variations. Firstly he himself had a hair line nearer his neck than his nose! The third rule is great in an ideal world but you are 33, you have already an extensive loss pattern of thinning, your donor is not the thickest from the photos and especially considering the above ear (supra auricular) areas and the doctor has not harvested from there for that reason probably also. Your  loss will be progressive and also hair line design to these thirds also is determined on the natural bone structure of the patient. So, all in all,  7cm from the glabella etc is great if one has a great donor and little loss but you will be thankful as you age to have saved the grafts and when this all comes in it will make a nice difference.

A hair line is also easier to lower than to raise, so if you are really unhappy then wait and have it lowered but for me a wise decision and especially considering all of the factors presented.

Best or as the great Leonardo may have said....stammi bene!

SL

Edited by sl

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

10 minutes ago, sl said:

Pleasure, take care my friend...really looking forward to your progress! I like the design also and the thinking also.

Thank you. 
my plan is actually to go with bisanga next time, because i need a skilled surgeon that is skilled with bht next time. But that will be a couple of years into the future 😅

Edited by Ticarno

• Administrators

It's the rule of thirds the distance from your hairline to your eyebrows should be a third.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The Vitruvian Man is great, but he never suffered hair loss! It's an ideal but was not made to be a template for  hair transplantation back in 1490 I know it is mentioned a lot in hair line designs but it doesn't take into account the factors that one needs to in surgery, age, loss potential, donor,  bone structure, etc. So, for a potential NW5/6 a Vitruvian hair line then with crown open and the sides dropped would not be a good look. Great if one is a NW2/3 and future loss is not an issue, but not all fit this category.  They need then to get the Vitruvian body to then match the hair line.  

Joking aside I think it is a handy guide for some but certainly not a template to be adhered to and actually a bad idea for some cases, bone structures etc.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I think mine is 7-7-6.5cm from memory.

Agree with the comments about donor availability as to whether perfect thirds will be possible.

I seem to recall Dr Konior mentioning the transition point from forehead to top of skull as being an area he aims for.  Trying to find that sweet spot where it looks 'right'.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day