soon to have DHI hair transplant at Dr. Cinik

vanilia

So i finally decided to make an OP, since i want to have my hair again. This is my situation at the moment, i wrote to Dr. Cinik and they wrote best solution for me is 2500+ DHI transplant. What do you think, should i go, or wait for more hair to fall out, since it will for sure, since my father is totally bold. I am 33 years old. Thanks for help.

68448627_659813464498666_6290449010557714432_n.jpg

68846113_1223436701150929_6166532108782141440_n.jpg

69026737_373495983572471_3545358257168056320_n.jpg

69198148_455069875075965_3227588195466084352_n.jpg

Are you on treatments like finasteride to slow/prevent further loss? Are you prepared to have more surgery to address continued thinning if you’re not on treatment?

i think these are the questions both you and the clinic should be asking and answering before going thru with surgery.

at the moment no, but after hair transplant i will try finasteride, if no side effects i will continue, if no i will take minoxidil. yes, if surgery will be successfull i can have another later

It’s usually a good idea to be on finasteride before surgery because it can stabilize your hair loss and lessen the chances of shock loss which occurs more often when grafts implanted between existing hairs like yours. Seems like most of your loss is diffused. I would do more research if I was in your shoes

• Like 1

I agree with @jj51702, you might want to get on Finasteride now before your ht procedure as you still have a decent amount of hair that might succumb to shock loss.

And looking at your photos, for me it’s a tough call whether  an HT is a good idea for you now as like JJ said, youre likely to need another procedure if you loose more hair as it does look like it miniaturizing, but your donor looks good and if you’re okay getting another HT when the rest of your native hair recedes then do what will make you happy. 

First of all, get on Finasteride now for the reasons everyone has mentioned. Additionally, if you respond well enough to the medication you might decide you don't need a transplant at all. Given your type of loss it is entirely possible that medication alone could yield a more than acceptable level of recovery.

Well, firstly six months isn't really a great enough timeline to see results on Minoxidil. Second, if you're not on Finasteride or a similar DHT blocker you're making a big mistake. You're increasing the risk of shock loss, almost guaranteeing more future loss, and ignoring an option that might make you reconsider having a transplant at all.

11 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Well, firstly six months isn't really a great enough timeline to see results on Minoxidil. Second, if you're not on Finasteride or a similar DHT blocker you're making a big mistake. You're increasing the risk of shock loss, almost guaranteeing more future loss, and ignoring an option that might make you reconsider having a transplant at all.

So it’s best to take/try finasteride before a procedure? Does it strengthen the native hair and that’ll help with shock loss? Also what would the best time be to take finasteride, upon waking or before bed? 

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

So it’s best to take/try finasteride before a procedure? Does it strengthen the native hair and that’ll help with shock loss? Also what would the best time be to take finasteride, upon waking or before bed? 

Yes. It will strengthen native hair and reduce the risk of shock loss. Many surgeons recommend starting on it at least twelve months before any surgery. The Finasteride might also thicken your hair and help fill in those areas on top of your head where the hair is thinning but not gone.

I take mine in the morning. Just do whatever is easier for you.

i am scared too much of impotence and no erections... i think i will go with minoxodil 1 month before and till 12 months after operation. and then also later probably.

as i readed shock loss is possible, but the hair grows back, or do i understand wrong? i talked with two guys who had hair transplant and have amazing results and didnt take finesteride, only minoxodil

Will shock loss hair grow back?
If shock loss does occur, it is almost always temporary. The hair that has been 'shocked' will start to grow back. This regrowth usually occurs anywhere from three to six months after the surgery.

54 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Yes. It will strengthen native hair and reduce the risk of shock loss. Many surgeons recommend starting on it at least twelve months before any surgery. The Finasteride might also thicken your hair and help fill in those areas on top of your head where the hair is thinning but not gone.

I take mine in the morning. Just do whatever is easier for you.

Thank you for your reply. Does name brand matter or generic okay? Also did you start on 1mg right away? I’m just asking cause I was recommended to start on .5mg and then work my way up to 1. Just wanting to get your thoughts on it. That’s awesome if it can thicken one’s hair, my biggest worry has been that finasteride makes hairloss worse for some reason. I only have a thinning hairline and no bald spots but I guess my fear is that I’ll look worse after taking it than before(if that’s makes sense)

11 hours ago, vanilia said:

can you get finasterid online or do i need to get it at my doctor?

There are online services that will offer you a prescription and a consult but in the U.S. you do need a prescription.

Don't stress the side effects without even trying the drug. You won't know if you have any issues with it unless you try. If you have side effects, stop taking it. Simple.

9 hours ago, Russ said:

Thank you for your reply. Does name brand matter or generic okay? Also did you start on 1mg right away? I’m just asking cause I was recommended to start on .5mg and then work my way up to 1. Just wanting to get your thoughts on it. That’s awesome if it can thicken one’s hair, my biggest worry has been that finasteride makes hairloss worse for some reason. I only have a thinning hairline and no bald spots but I guess my fear is that I’ll look worse after taking it than before(if that’s makes sense)

You might experience some initial shed as the drug starts to work, but that is typically part of the process. Thinner, fine hairs will shed and be replaced by thicker hair. Don't make the same mistake so many people do where they start on the drug, lose their cool when they start to shed, then freak out and quit before giving it a chance to work. Those people will just continue losing hair in the long run. I have a friend who had a more severely thinned version of your pattern and I told him to start fin and minox about a year ago. He sent me pictures the other day and has had a very nice improvement from drugs alone, but he stuck with it.

There's a lot of debate on name brand over generic. I personally use generic because the difference in cost is insane, but if you can afford the brand name that may be the slightly better option. Generics have the same active ingredient but slightly different formulations for inactive ingredients, so some people won't respond as well to certain formulations as they do to others. I would say this varies by individual. 

6 hours ago, Mycroft said:

There are online services that will offer you a prescription and a consult but in the U.S. you do need a prescription.

Don't stress the side effects without even trying the drug. You won't know if you have any issues with it unless you try. If you have side effects, stop taking it. Simple.

You might experience some initial shed as the drug starts to work, but that is typically part of the process. Thinner, fine hairs will shed and be replaced by thicker hair. Don't make the same mistake so many people do where they start on the drug, lose their cool when they start to shed, then freak out and quit before giving it a chance to work. Those people will just continue losing hair in the long run. I have a friend who had a more severely thinned version of your pattern and I told him to start fin and minox about a year ago. He sent me pictures the other day and has had a very nice improvement from drugs alone, but he stuck with it.

There's a lot of debate on name brand over generic. I personally use generic because the difference in cost is insane, but if you can afford the brand name that may be the slightly better option. Generics have the same active ingredient but slightly different formulations for inactive ingredients, so some people won't respond as well to certain formulations as they do to others. I would say this varies by individual. 

How long does it normally take to see the positive effects from it? If you don’t mind answering, how long have be been on it? 

• 2 months later...

So its 3 weeks till the operation and getting a little cold feet. Do you think its possible that i can style my hair similar like this after the hair transplant?  do you think i have a chance of a good results, because i have still a lot of hair?

Blank & Jones @ The New World am 26.03.2004 22.jpg

Blank & Jones @ The New World am 26.03.2004 24.jpg

Blank & Jones aus Shop Gig im HMV im Oberhausen 12.jpg

74905558_1667232093412249_773018448841146368_n.jpg

75246708_421332111916794_3342571616805584896_n.jpg

75328565_508281263236470_7168136984928452608_n.jpg