made up my mind and want HT, budget friendly turkey seems like the solution... but...?

I've been reading for quite a while, looked at the doctors that you recommend, only 2 seem to come from turkey, one has a bunch of negative reviews... not too sure I want to go there...

I live in quebec Canada, I'm a teacher and looking for the best bang for the least amount... about a yeah ago, I kept seeing FUE transplants in turkey for 3000$, which is a great price! but finding reviews for those clinics were next to impossible. Since I've seen people pay almost 20k and get bad results, I'm guessing it's not about the cost, but about who does it. have A LOT OF HAIR in the back and sides, and if I compare with my dad and GF, they both have this pattern of baldness, back and sides will never be a problem. so donor hairs should be ok. I was then wondering, who here got good results by a clinic that made those 3000$ HT?? are they a myth or what?

is turkey really the best solution in terms of $ for me, or should I also look at south america or something? brasil maybe? I'm portuguese, so I do speak the language. 

any help would be greatly appreciated! I feel almost more lost after reading for a year than before...

up.jpg

Teacher? Thanks for all you do....

Not sure how old you are but seems you are in the younger category.....More time to lose hair.

And, if you've lost, you will continue losing.  When? Not sure, but it is a fact.  In the overall scheme of things you still have a lot of native hair that has not left the building.  There also seems to be a lot of miniaturized hair.  My suggestion, given your monetary situation is to get on medical therapy, (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser. PRP), and give it a year. Transplants pending the outcome.

It is normal for guys to thin their crown and have a fuller front.  This is important when you consider the front is what people see when they interact with you.  

Given you are keeping your hair on the lengthier side, why not FUT?  

I doubt you will achieve desired results with less than 2000 grafts on the front 1/3.....Do try to do as many grafts as you can afford. This will help avoid future procedures provided you retain what you currently have.

What age are you @CanadianPT?

You definitely need to be on good maintenance. As for HT, I'd say around 2800-3200 grafts should be enough to cover that. Depending on your hair calibre and number of hairs per follicle too. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 hour ago, LaserCap said:

Teacher? Thanks for all you do....

Not sure how old you are but seems you are in the younger category.....More time to lose hair.

And, if you've lost, you will continue losing.  When? Not sure, but it is a fact.  In the overall scheme of things you still have a lot of native hair that has not left the building.  There also seems to be a lot of miniaturized hair.  My suggestion, given your monetary situation is to get on medical therapy, (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser. PRP), and give it a year. Transplants pending the outcome.

It is normal for guys to thin their crown and have a fuller front.  This is important when you consider the front is what people see when they interact with you.  

Given you are keeping your hair on the lengthier side, why not FUT?  

I doubt you will achieve desired results with less than 2000 grafts on the front 1/3.....Do try to do as many grafts as you can afford. This will help avoid future procedures provided you retain what you currently have.

I DO NOT WANT medication, don't want to fix a problem by creating another one, and I really don't want to go FUT, the scar is just terrible... I've seen a lot of adds about 5000 grafts for 3000$, was just wondering if you knew of one of them that could be ok! was looking into MCAN just now actually. waiting on a hairdresser that got a client that got one for 3000$ and results are amazing! I'd say max 5000$ all included would be my budget. mind you plane tickets are about 1300...

18 minutes ago, CanadianPT said:

I DO NOT WANT medication, don't want to fix a problem by creating another one, and I really don't want to go FUT, the scar is just terrible... I've seen a lot of adds about 5000 grafts for 3000$, was just wondering if you knew of one of them that could be ok! was looking into MCAN just now actually. waiting on a hairdresser that got a client that got one for 3000$ and results are amazing! I'd say max 5000$ all included would be my budget. mind you plane tickets are about 1300...

Given your pattern and your age it’s highly advisable to use treatments that can stop/slow your hair loss. Otherwise it will be a continuous game of catch up with you chasing loss with more surgery until your donor is exhausted. Please research more before making a decision 

• Administrators

If you live in Canada why not consider Dr. Rahal, H&W, Feller and Bloxham aren’t that far either. Given that you will likely progress to a norwood 6 you may want to maximize grafts by going strip first. The price of strip is comparable to FUE.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, CanadianPT said:

You are a young individual with - likely - lots of loss in your future.  If we had a wheel barrel worth of follicles for you to use in your future, fine.  But we don't.  Your donor is very limited and there will not be enough to allow for a fuller set of hair. Thus, if you do more forward with a procedure, you will likely look better short term but will continue thinning the native stuff. Eventually you will look the same as you do now and will have made no gains density wise.  The only benefit is the fact that you will never empty completely as the grafts will stay.  You will then consider more procedures until you've exhausted your donor.  Honestly, if you are not going to do any type of medical regimen, I would advise you NOT to do any surgery.

How you scar is a function of wound healing.  I am assuming, based on your comments, you know someone with a bad scar? This may or may not happen.  I've seen FUT scars that are hard to detect.  I've also seen very wide scars and everything in between.  Have the doctor show you scars of previous patients. 

Read the posts of jj51702 and Melvin above.

4 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Given your pattern and your age it’s highly advisable to use treatments that can stop/slow your hair loss. Otherwise it will be a continuous game of catch up with you chasing loss with more surgery until your donor is exhausted. Please research more before making a decision 

If I compare with my dad and grand father, it kinda stops, it won't turn into a full crown. I will never take the medication because the effects are even worse for me than the loss of hair lol IMHO

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

If you live in Canada why not consider Dr. Rahal, H&W, Feller and Bloxham aren’t that far either. Given that you will likely progress to a norwood 6 you may want to maximize grafts by going strip first. The price of strip is comparable to FUE.

because the lowest cost is around 10k! 

3 hours ago, LaserCap said:

You are a young individual with - likely - lots of loss in your future.  If we had a wheel barrel worth of follicles for you to use in your future, fine.  But we don't.  Your donor is very limited and there will not be enough to allow for a fuller set of hair. Thus, if you do more forward with a procedure, you will likely look better short term but will continue thinning the native stuff. Eventually you will look the same as you do now and will have made no gains density wise.  The only benefit is the fact that you will never empty completely as the grafts will stay.  You will then consider more procedures until you've exhausted your donor.  Honestly, if you are not going to do any type of medical regimen, I would advise you NOT to do any surgery.

How you scar is a function of wound healing.  I am assuming, based on your comments, you know someone with a bad scar? This may or may not happen.  I've seen FUT scars that are hard to detect.  I've also seen very wide scars and everything in between.  Have the doctor show you scars of previous patients. 

Read the posts of jj51702 and Melvin above.

just not interested in the FUT and the scarring, I'm kinda betting on science for my future problems with further thinning of my hair lol the temporary solution that FUE will give me I'm guessing will last around 0 years until it's more noticeable, after that, science will take over, hopefully.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CanadianPT said:

because the lowest cost is around 10k! 

If you're letting money be the deciding factor save up. Go by results period nothing else.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 8/12/2019 at 11:08 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

If you're letting money be the deciding factor save up. Go by results period nothing else.

no, it's because from what I read, even places where they charge 20k don't necessarily get better results than the 3k places... so why should I waste so much if I'd get just as good chances for way less?

19 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

I wonder how many generation of men, had a similiar plan...we are 5-10 years away from a cure since...well, since Julius Cesar.

true... but you have to say, just in hair transplant technology, we have come a loooong way in the past 10 years! so... why not even better in the next 10 :)

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, CanadianPT said:

no, it's because from what I read, even places where they charge 20k don't necessarily get better results than the 3k places... so why should I waste so much if I'd get just as good chances for way less?

There is no surgery that is guaranteed, but choosing a doctor based on price is a dangerous proposition. Black market FUE clinics are leaving patients with destroyed donors.

View my thread

• Moderators

Price is obviously going to be a big factor for a lot of people because of the large cost. If you are looking at lower priced countries in order to afford it, just make sure you view a lot of their results and try to talk/text some of the previous patients if you can. Find out how involved the Dr is because if it's more of a tech driven operation, especially one that does multiple hair transplants per day, then you should probably stay away from that. You don't want to be going to a hair mill even if it's free. Heck I wouldn't even let a clinic pay me for them to ruin my head. Also check prices for other clinics in that country to get an idea of what a normal cost for the procedure is in that country. This way you can have a better idea if the clinic you are looking at is cheap even by that country's standards which can indicate they aren't that great. You should also get a consultation at one or two clinics near you even if they are too expensive for you. That way you get more opinions on how many grafts you need and what the design should be.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I had my first transplant 12 years ago and I can tell you then these forums were rife with people claiming that within 10 years hair multiplication would be a reality and no one would ever need to worry about a donor site again. Here we are, more than 10 years later, and still no further forward. Do not rely on what science MAY provide in the future - go based on what we know right now.

I would say the advice you have had here is sound. Incidentally, I travelled from Europe to have surgery with Rahal - despite the fact I was recently graduated and up to my eyeballs in student debt and couldn't really afford it. Still, somehow I managed to pay it - and the student loans off - and I am so glad I did. The results Rahal gave me are world class. I do not believe any other surgeon anywhere in the world could have given me such a good result. I've long since forgotten about the temporary financial difficulties it caused me, but still enjoying the lifelong results it achieved.

Also worth pointing out that I had strip and my hairdresser cannot find my scar. 

Find a surgeon based on results, not price.