Dr. Diep 2,043 Grafts - 35 yr old Asian Male

Month 1 - back and sides.  Some shock loss in the back created bald spots.  Not sure if it is my imagination, but I have a lot  more white hairs on the harvested side now lol.

Month 1 back.jpg

Month 1 Right.jpg

Month 1 Left.jpg

Edited by Jiveturkey82

• 1 month later...

Month 2 update - most of the hair has shed.  A bit concerned at this point as not a lot of stubble/regrowth has happened.  Also, not sure if this a coincidence or not, but I suddenly have a lot of gray hairs....comparing my pre-op pictures on page to now...it is a significance difference.  Donor area also does not look good.

I actually inspired one of my coworkers to go get a HT.  He said he had been looking for awhile and after I did it...seeing how people didn't really think it was a big deal nudged him to  just do it.  He actually just went to a local HT doctor, Ken Williams.  What was surprising about his donor area after coming back 1.5 weeks after operation...you couldn't even tell  he had a HT.  No scarring, no redness...no holes.  It was amazing compared to my donor area....

IMG_20190728_171516847.jpg

IMG_20190728_171505207.jpg

IMG_20190728_171536344.jpg

IMG_20190728_171549833.jpg

• 1 month later...

3 Month Update: Things moving a bit slower than I would like, but looks like there is some stuff happening.  Right side looks really thin still and I suspect it is over harvested.  Gray hairs coming out like crazy, wonder if it is just a coincidence...

Front 3 Month.jpg

Top 3 Month.jpg

Right 3 Month.jpg

Back 3 Month.jpg

Left 3 Month.jpg

• Administrators

You seem right on track for 3 months. Things are progressing as expected at 3 months. I think this will be an awesome result. The donor looks better as well. Happy growing 🙌

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

@Jiveturkey82 hope you didn’t forget about us 😊 how’s the hair looking?

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Yea any updates, I had diep and I had same shockloss in donor and recipiant area, it will improve over time but I cant say 100% it all will come back.

Its just a tradeoff with with him. He constantly has patient reviews with bad donor areas in exchange for his homerun hairline work he sometimes gets. Hes obv doing something different than the other top docs because his donor areas are crushed after surgery compared to his peers. Most recover just fine but it imo his ratio of stuff like this occuring is far higher than baseline.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry all - not much was going on at month 4, which was discouraging, however I should have still taken some photos for others to reference.  Here it is at a little over 5 1/2 months.  Still not super thrilled and getting concerned about the density.  I still have to cover it and can't brush it normally because you can still definitely tell something has been done.  

Harvested area looks kind of thin, but definitely not super obvious at this point.

Mo6Front.jpg

Mo6Top.jpg

Mo6Back.jpg

Mo6Right.jpg

Mo6Left.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think that looks great for 4 months, I think your donor has healed well and you can’t tell at #2 guard. 

View my thread

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Jiveturkey82 said:

Except it is at 5.5 months 😂

Well, theres definite growth, but you're not a fast grower. You still have plenty of time, so don't get discouraged at all. Keep us updated on your progress.

• Haha 1

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...

6.25 months at this point, I think it is getting a little better day by day, but would not be happy at all if it stops here as it is still thin and frankly looks obvious.  A few pictures from slight distance under dimmer lighting and a couple up close with harsh lighting.  I don't comb it like this right now...I usually just leave product out and let it fall down to cover at the moment.

20191204_075007.jpg

20191204_075010.jpg

20191204_075110.jpg

20191204_075130.jpg

• Administrators

Looks good at a distance, try not to track things by .25, it’s only gonna drive you crazy. At this point, go month to month. 

6 months is halfway through, I’d expect more changes to come, but you may always see some scalp under bright harsh lights, even I do, just be mindful of that, aside from that the hairline looks great, and thanks for keeping us updated happy growing brotha 🙌🏼

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

It's definitely improving. I think you have a long time to go and I'm sure you will see more growth in the coming months. Slow and steady wins the race.

View my thread