Dr. Diep 2,043 Grafts - 35 yr old Asian Male

• 7 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in posting as I know some people rely on these updates for decision making (like I did).  At first it was just slight disappointment that caused the lag and put me off to posting, then things just got crazy in the world recently.  Again, apologize for the lack of updates.  At this point, I believe I am 18 months in...

The front is a lot more thin than I expected...I have to put some thought into it.  However, when it is dry and a bit longer it looks ok.  When it is wet you can definitely see through it.  As illustrated below.  I've also included some pictures at a 1 clip (please excuse the covid cut).

All in all, I would give it a B-.  Would I do it again?  Probably, maybe about 1k more grafts if it was possible to increase the density.  At least it helps frame my face better now, as it would be a lot higher of a hair line if I didn't do it.  On most days if I keep it dry and don't brush it up too high, it looks decent.  I look a lot younger  after the procedure then I did before and most people don't notice or have forgotten entirely.  However, I definitely have to be thoughtful about it.  

I did not get the results shown on the sites or Youtube, that is for sure.

Pictures -

• Front: normal lighting, dry
  • Front: harsh lighting,
  • Front: harsh lighting and wet.
  • Right side - definitely harvested heavily....however scarring itself is not noticeable.
  • Back - harvested heavily

Front Dry.jpg

Front Wet.jpg

Front Lighted.jpg

Right.jpg

Back.jpg

Top.jpg

This is not a bad result at all for 2K grafts considering the large area covered, you probably got a good yield and the hairline looks natural.  The wet pics do show why staggering the grafts would have provided a better illusion of density than vertical rows.  All in all, you're in a good position going forward.  Congrats!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

IMO it's an ok result, the other Diep results I've seen online sort of lead me to believe that every one of his patients end up with a really dense result but I don't see that here. The donor also looks a little concerning, almost over harvested, especially on the sides, that might be because you keep your hair very short.

7 hours ago, Huncholini said:

IMO it's an ok result, the other Diep results I've seen online sort of lead me to believe that every one of his patients end up with a really dense result but I don't see that here. The donor also looks a little concerning, almost over harvested, especially on the sides, that might be because you keep your hair very short.

Yeah, the same sentiment here.  I think it was just expecting too much after seeing others.  However, I think I have thin diameter hair compared to other asians, which makes their results look more full.  Also, I agree that the area on the right was harvested a bit heavily.