Dr Freitas HT - 10th July - a few questions if possible before i travel out to experience members. Thanks

Hello,

Posted a few months ago that i was on the waiting list for Dr Freitas and the surgery was scheduled for July 2020, that is how long the waiting list is. However, i put myself on the emergency waiting list and i have now got a date in just over one months time, so i am very excited. I will post before and after pictures of his results, but i wanted to ask probably some obvious questions to members on this forum, i would be incredibly grateful for those who can answer. 

1. How long before you can start using minoxidil after surgery?

2. When can i go back to doing exercise/ going to the gym?

3. Is there any tips/anything i should know before the surgery that people wish they knew before having a HT?

Thanks for any help. 

Adam

3) Have reasonable expectations. Learn to stay calm and be patient. Even stay off this website for a few months after the procedure. Will you take some extra time off to stay near the clinic on the days following the procedure so they can wash the recipient and donor area for you?

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

1 hour ago, forgotpassword said:

3) Have reasonable expectations. Learn to stay calm and be patient. Even stay off this website for a few months after the procedure. Will you take some extra time off to stay near the clinic on the days following the procedure so they can wash the recipient and donor area for you?

If they offer that and its recommended then yes i will do that. I will ask them. Thanks

You can go back to Minoxidil as soon as the doctor recommends for you to do so.

Exercise?  That will depend.  Are you doing FUE or FUT?  If FUE, sooner.  If FUT, wait at least 3 months. And avoid exercises that involve the neck for at least a year.  This will typically put pressure on the wound and eventually the scar will widen.  Again, talk to the doctor and see what he says.

Third....Do tons of research and look at before and after photos.  Ask the clinic to show you cases similar to your own.  They should have hundreds and not just a dozen.  Consider that whatever you do is permanent.

6 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

That's very cool. Excited for you and looking forward to your report.

As for your questions I think you can ask the clinic what they recommend. They were always good with answering my questions.

Very excited, i will report and do before and after photos, lots of them. I have heard and seen many great results from Dr Freitas work, so i am very hopeful. 

4 hours ago, LaserCap said:

You can go back to Minoxidil as soon as the doctor recommends for you to do so.

Exercise?  That will depend.  Are you doing FUE or FUT?  If FUE, sooner.  If FUT, wait at least 3 months. And avoid exercises that involve the neck for at least a year.  This will typically put pressure on the wound and eventually the scar will widen.  Again, talk to the doctor and see what he says.

Third....Do tons of research and look at before and after photos.  Ask the clinic to show you cases similar to your own.  They should have hundreds and not just a dozen.  Consider that whatever you do is permanent.

It will be a FUE. This is just some of Dr Freitas work, luckily there are a number to see, i am in the NW2 catagory, i started losing my hair when i was 20, but my hair is dark brown and very thick, so the hairloss has been quite slow but constant in the last 12 years. I have a link for the photos of dr freitas here...i think his work is exceptional. 

https://www.clinicadefreitas.com/tratamientos/trasplante-capilar-fue/casos-reales/fotos/

I am very surprised you got an earlier date with him.  Hope to see your progress.  

Minoxidil i would avoid for like 2 months or so at least or what the doc says.  

Same thing with the gym.

Some docs like keeping things in scalp gentle for first few months while some may give you diluted amounts if minoxidil and corn huskers solution. It all depends on the doctor.

19 hours ago, Sean said:

I am very surprised you got an earlier date with him.  Hope to see your progress.  

Minoxidil i would avoid for like 2 months or so at least or what the doc says.  

Same thing with the gym.

Some docs like keeping things in scalp gentle for first few months while some may give you diluted amounts if minoxidil and corn huskers solution. It all depends on the doctor.

Thanks for the feedback, it looks like 2 weeks for the gym and yes minoxidil is to wait for a little bit, usually a week i think. I will post pictures and keep a thread after surgery.