dazza uk-4thHT Dr Ron Shapiro

dazza uk

Hi All,

Well this has been one hell of a long HT journey.

This was my first HT with Dr Ron Shapiro. I will a brief history of my other HTs at end of my write up.

Once i had decided to go to smg, i searched around the web to get the best prices and got a great price through expedia, ??363 for a return flight and it was a direct flight icon_smile.gif.And i stayed at La Quinta Inn which is only about 4mins from smg. V nice place to stay, friendly staff, big clean rooms and free shuttle to and from airport.

Skip forward to landing in the US and matt from smg picked me up from the airport, thanks. That eve just relaxed n watched tv in my room.

The next day i went to the Mall of America via the free shuttle, and wow what a hugh place it is. 4 floord of shops and restaurants with a fair in the middle of the Mall!! Make sure you take plenty of extra spending money. Got back to the hotel and rested up for the next day, surgery day.

Woke around 7ish, had breakfast, shower and then my nerves kicked in!! Janna called as she was gonna pick me up but got caught up in traffic, they had major snow storms but said Dr Ron would pick me up.

10mins later the doc picked me up, 4 mins later we were at is office.

At the office Dr Ron and i had a chat about what i wanted to achieve, there was no rush, he gave me options and his manner puts you at ease, so i was feeling alot less nervous. The plan was to remove the whole of my top scar and add 1500g to and around the hairline to make it more natural looking also to remove the 2hair grafts from hairline plus laser them to make sure they dont come back. By this time the techs were in and i spoke to janna, who i have to say was a star in making my 4th HT possible.

So the surgery itself was pretty much painless, but to be painless you need the injections. They used a vibrating tool as they inject so it didnt sting to bad, plus you get a massage at the same time icon_smile.gif. The only problem i had during surgery was that i was a bleeder even tho i had no alcohol for 2 weeks prior to surgery and none of the medications i shouldnt of. Most people know what happens during surgery so will skip that part. At the end of surgery the doc made sure i was happy with the hairline etc and all looked good. I came back the second day as was planned on the first day, had some coarse HT hair in my left temple lasered out, the plan for this is that when it grows back it should have a smoother texture, also had a hair wash.Came back on the 3rd day for another hair wash, had a chat with Dr Ron and hopefully will go back in a year or so to tackle my big low scar from my 1st HT.

To sum things up, my experience at SMG was fantastic. To have had Dr Ron Shapiro one of the worlds leading HT experts do my HT im confident my results will be great.

Big thanks to janna too, who answered all my Qs and helped when ever i had a problem.

1st HT-hospital group-march06-750g, left me with big low scar

2nd HT-Dr Rogers-nov06-1500g

3rd HT-Dr Feller-oct07-2000g

4ht Ht-Dr R Shapiro-1500g

Dazza uk

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

Here are DazzaUK's before & 1 Day post op pics with Shapiro Medical Group.

Total Graft/Hair count:1508/2671

1's - 545

2's - 767

3's - 192

4's - 4

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

Slide14.jpg

Slide15.jpg

Dazza, congratulations, it looks like you had a great experience.

Im real interested on your journey so far and I see that this was your 4th HT. Each by a different Dr, the last 3rd being Dr Feller. Do you have any more information or images of the other work detailing your journey to date?

Good luck with the results from your latest HT!!!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Looks Awesome mate, echoes the great experience i had 12 months ago. Congratulations!!!!

icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Originally posted by Buckerine11:

Why was there hair lasered out?

The type of laser hair removal machine we have at SMG takes approximately 6 to 7 treatments before the follicle is totally wiped out. Treating it once or twice with our laser will only works to soften up the hairs. When patients have strong caliber hairs, it's difficult to have enough fine caliber hairs to distribute everywhere it's needed, especially if hairline and temple work is being done at the same time. We have good success using the laser to refine the hairlines and temple areas for some patients we consider repair patients and few of our own patients.

As you know in this HT industry, patients who need multiple sessions will either stick with the same doctor or switch to another clinic for various reasons. Dazza will likely chime in to answer questions about his choices.

Dazza has gone to 3 different clinics before coming to SMG. He'll be back to SMG one more time because a scar revision of his low donor scar is part of his goal. His laxity is fairly good so if his new scar heals well, we'll take out the low donor scar in about a year's time. For his third session, Dazza had a nice repair work performed by Dr. Feller but as his hair loss progressed, he felt he need more density behind the hairline and top of his head. He was not concerned with lowering or thickening his hairline. In fact, since we all have concerns about his limited donor, Dazza agreed with Dr. Ron's recommendation to stay conservative. As you can see, we did not add any more grafts within the hairline (except for few single hairs) but redistributed grafts and planted grafts to even out the density in Dazza's concerned areas.

Hi,

Rap84- if you do a search on dazza uk it will bring up pics of my previous work.

Manko- yea my 3rd ht was with Dr Feller, 4th HT with Dr R Shapiro. I contacted both clinics about a 4th HT, i choose smg, it was a tough choice as both Drs are world class. I simply felt Dr R Shapiro was the doc to take me the next step of my HT journey.

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

so glad for you that your horrible hospital group nightmare is a thing of the past, how did you find minessota..... i loved it!!

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Hi Bul- didnt see much of minessota, they were having bad snow storms when i was there but did go to mall of america which was great.

Sparky-it was the HG at wellesbourne that i went to aswell. Have you had a repair, or looking to?

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

2nd HT-Dr Rogers-nov06-1500g

3rd HT-Dr Feller-oct07-2000g

looks much better, great improvement. you must be very happy.

why were you not satisfied with the results from dr feller and dr rodgers ? and what did dr shapiro offer/do that made the difference ? do you feel dr shapiro is the better repair doc ?

Whered it go - im 12 days post op, not 12 months. But im looking forward to that point when it starts growing and then at 12 months im sure it will look great.

I was not satisfied with the result from dr rogers, left me with big gaps in the hairline and very sparse behind the hairline.For my 3rd with Dr Feller, he filled in these gaps and behind, the result was much better. As time went on i felt i needed a slight touch up to the hairline and again add grafts to behind hairline. Dr Feller does great work, it was a hard chice, i went with Dr Shapiro as the more i looked at his work past and present, the more i leened toward smg. Smg did not offer or do anything to make a difference it was MY choice and mine alone.

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Dazza, I'm in the process of being repaired atm, I chose Dr Bisanga, had fue into my scar, I'm at 4.5 mnths post op and the scar is starting to fill in, I'm going back to Dr Bisanga in early April to finish my hairline off, then hopefully I'm done icon_smile.gif

Looks great dazza! I know those punch outs can take a little longer to heal, but they will rest assured. Keep us posted!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

quick update, now 2 months post op.

I have shed most of the grafts now, theres some that didnt shed which i think may have started to grow!

Some numbness around the left donor area, but slowly coming back.

My hairline and behind hairline is still pink in areas am using witch hazel, not sure how effective that is tho. My scar is still red/pink, may have stretched a little! kinda hard to tell.

Could some of the red/pink be from where the sutures where?

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello all,

not posted much for a while, but still been lurking !!;)

Anyone that followed my story will know a year ago i had my 4th HT at SMG with Dr Ron Shapiro and that i was going back to have a scar revision to take out my low wide scar from the hospital group, well thats what ive done! not only the scar revision but also had around 450-460 extra grafts added plus 16( i think) coarse hairs punched out from the left side.

Hopefully Janna will add my pics soon.:)

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

Hi Dazza,

Here are your pics. Hope you're healing well......speak soon.

IMMEDIATE POST OP & 1 Yr RESULTS FROM DAZZA’S 1ST PROCEDURE W/SMG – 1508 Grafts-2671 Hairs

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

IMMEDIATE POST OP FROM DAZZA’S 2ND PROCEDURE W/ SMG – A SCAR REVISION w/small punch outs in the left temples

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide1.jpg.fc7cc95326a51cd91454ec2c4a26c6fc.jpg

Slide2.jpg.12136a98dfebfe48229b545a042c5c25.jpg

Slide3.jpg.4d42f6e8078ace9ff9227e6e432c2a49.jpg

Slide4.jpg.58151a7da2eb8a4510ca7dc82202e8f5.jpg

Slide5.jpg.d2656957bca8bf275050394f8458fbe2.jpg

Slide6.jpg.2877d818197a2e51fc5972385b91d991.jpg

Slide8.jpg.8c7d86ee7619f4caac250b8d4e04314a.jpg

Slide9.jpg.af68d4a36bebc9a9030fe5f37b7ab523.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hey dazza! Just checking in to see how everything is going after your scar revision. Hope all is well.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group