Does The GrowBand Actually Stop Hair Loss?

• Administrators

Recently, this product was brought up in the forum, it's essentially a band you put around your head and pump until the band lifts your scalp up. Apparently, science has been wrong all along and the true cause of hair loss is lack of oxygen and blood supply. Although, the theory that the scalp tightening during puberty would mean everyone would go bald. I wanna hear your guys thoughts on this product?

Does The GrowBand Actually Stop Hair Loss

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I’m very skeptical about this product. The science they put forward sounds interesting but they go through all the trouble of creating a product, going into detail on their theory and claims, offer a 180-day money-back guarantee...but don’t post any detailed before and after photos?? They couldn’t find any willing beta testers to back up their claims??...they want us to pay them $300 to beta-test their beta product & claims??...any legitimate company offers their product free of charge to Q&A beta testers.

Edited by CosmoKramer

• Administrators

To be honest, it sounds like nonsense to me. What you don’t know about money back guarantees is you pay to ship the product back and you don’t get shipping and handling back. There may be additional “restocking” fees etc that you get deducted.

My first job was for a famous infomercial company. There was always a money back guarantee and warranty. But the hassle you’d have to go through and the restrictions made it that most would give up. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Yeah. After all..increasing blood to scalp circulation one could hang upside-down at the gym for 10-minutes a few days a week is free.

I’ve always thought these 6-month or more money back “guarantees” were bogus, and you’d have to be an Olympic gymnast to jump through to their $$ hoop.

The problem I have with this product is that you can’t just change the science to fit your product, you have to change your product to fit the science.

It’s already been proven that most hair loss is genetic with DHT being the hormone that carries out the demolition work. This is a known fact.

Now, is there some non-genetic hair loss that could be related to a lack of oxygen and circulation to the scalp? Yes. But this isn’t true in most cases.  

So realistically, I wouldn’t expect  anyone with genetic hair loss to even try this product but if they do, I suspect they will not achieve any results other than what looks like potentially a sore scalp.  

But I would like to hear from anybody who’s actually tried this product to see what they have to say. I’d also like to see some before and after pictures of anybody who claims they’ve used it successfully. 

Best wishes, 

Bill

1 hour ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

The problem I have with this product is that you can’t just change the science to fit your product, you have to change your product to fit the science.

It’s already been proven that most hair loss is genetic with DHT being the hormone that carries out the demolition work. This is a known fact.

Now, is there some non-genetic hair loss that could be related to a lack of oxygen and circulation to the scalp? Yes. But this isn’t true in most cases.  

So realistically, I wouldn’t expect  anyone with genetic hair loss to even try this product but if they do, I suspect they will not achieve any results other than what looks like potentially a sore scalp.  

But I would like to hear from anybody who’s actually tried this product to see what they have to say. I’d also like to see some before and after pictures of anybody who claims they’ve used it successfully. 

Best wishes, 

Bill

Why does DHT usually not cause any hairloss in the donor area's?

I don't think there will ever be a cure for hairloss. Any cure would just harm your hormones too drastically.

Maybe hair cloning might happen.

8 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

Why does DHT usually not cause any hairloss in the donor area's?

I don't think there will ever be a cure for hairloss. Any cure would just harm your hormones too drastically.

Maybe hair cloning might happen.

The will never be a full baldness cure in the form of a pill/lotion/vaccine ...without serious side effects.

Cloning maybe by 2040

The sort-of cure is here, FUE, and if the recently discovered science of scientists figuring out that they can remove the obstacle the prohibits transplanting hairs from one scalp to another is tested on humans and approved then that could improve donor supply availability much sooner than cloning.

1 hour ago, VicTNYC said:

The will never be a full baldness cure in the form of a pill/lotion/vaccine ...without serious side effects.

Cloning maybe by 2040

The sort-of cure is here, FUE, and if the recently discovered science of scientists figuring out that they can remove the obstacle the prohibits transplanting hairs from one scalp to another is tested on humans and approved then that could improve donor supply availability much sooner than cloning.

Most of your post is just rephrasing what I said lol.

FUE is not a cure as it does not stop hairloss. More like a solution.

I would say that maybe it is similarly effective as topical minoxidil. I get horrible side effects from minoxidil and I only use finasteride/dutasteride. It probably doesn't stop hair loss but it might slow it down. I wouldn't mind adding a growth stimulant that works differently from DHT blockers. There was that French topical product that claims similar regrowth to minoxidil that I was using for a while but I got lazy using it and forget I even had it.

8 hours ago, hairman22 said:

Most of your post is just rephrasing what I said lol.

FUE is not a cure as it does not stop hairloss. More like a solution.

Agreed with some of your comment and elaborated a bit more since you seemed to be asking a question you already knew the asnwer to. Lol

I was referring to baldness. In my opinion and from many results on this site and others, to me, FUE is the cure to baldness and if tested and approved, that donor graft transfer from one persons scalp to another’s to provide donor grafts to those lacking is now closer to reality more so than cloning. Just as a heart/lung/liver/kidney transplant is a “cure” to an ill person’s alternative to dying.

Edited by VicTNYC
  • Like 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, pidda said:

I would say that maybe it is similarly effective as topical minoxidil. I get horrible side effects from minoxidil and I only use finasteride/dutasteride. It probably doesn't stop hair loss but it might slow it down. I wouldn't mind adding a growth stimulant that works differently from DHT blockers. There was that French topical product that claims similar regrowth to minoxidil that I was using for a while but I got lazy using it and forget I even had it.

Minoxidil has been proven through several clinical trials, this $300 donut for your head is based on bro-science. I think it’ll be as effective as putting a rubber band around your head.

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Minoxidil has been proven through several clinical trials, this $300 donut for your head is based on bro-science. I think it’ll be as effective as putting a rubber band around your head.

This things reminds me of those metal(?) wrist bands that were popular in the 90’s that claimed to so-called help “balance” & “improve” your mood/energy/chi etc. 😂