Can donor area regenerate new follicles?

Happened to read through a hair transplant website and realise they are using this method which can enable donor areas to regenerate follicles? I'm not sure if I can link the website here. But below is stated on their website. Is it really possible for donor area to regrow? 

• Donor Area Recovery - CIT is the only hair transplant technique that enables donor areas to potentially regenerate follicles.

A young boy went up to his father and asked him, "Dad, what is the difference between 'potentially' and 'realistically'?"

The father thought for a moment, then answered, "Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Then ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars, and then, ask your brother if he'd sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Come back and tell me what you learn from that."

So the boy went to his mother and asked, "Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?"

The mother replied, "Of course, I would! We could really use that money to fix up the house and send you kids to a great university!"

The boy then went to his sister and asked, "Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?"

The girl replied, "Oh, good heavens! I LOVE Brad Pitt and I would sleep with him in a heartbeat. Are you nuts?"

The boy then went to his brother and asked, "Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?"

"Of course," the brother replied. "Do you know how much a million bucks would buy?"

The boy pondered the answers for a few days and then went back to his dad.

His father asked him, "Did you find out the difference between 'potentially' and 'realistically'?"

The boy replied, "Yes, 'Potentially', you and I are sitting on three million dollars, but 'realistically', we're living with two hookers and a future congressman."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bornwithhighforehead said:

You are not answering the question but simply choosing to target one word "POTENTIALLY" and playing with it with a story. I'm asking if anyone has any experience if this is possible.

Once your follicles/grafts are removed from the donor area they are gone from this area for good, that is the norm and that it what you should assume will happen in your case. No one has an infinite number of grafts and I'm yet to come across a patient in real life or across the many forums who has miraculously regrown grafts in the donor area once they have been removed.

Regenerating new follicles???  Sounds like a dishonest way to lure gullible patients.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

unless CIT now refers to something else or in addition to what it did originally, CIT is just another synonym for FUE but provided by a specific doctor. The letter “C” stands for The doctors last name and the rest stands for “isolation technique”. After all, FUE has also been known as FIT for follicular  isolation technique.

Again, unless CIT also means something else, there is no evidence or reason to suggest that a particular doctor’s last name associated with how he performs FUE can we generate follicles in the donor area.   So, this whole idea doesn’t make any sense. 

By the way, the reason why I haven’t mentioned the doctors last name is because due to legal concerns and that the advice of our attorney, we no longer host any post that reference this doctor. This goes way back and has to do with how old this doctor conducted himself on the forum many years ago.    And now the fact that “CIT“ is claiming to “potentially”regenerate hair follicles seems like another weird and bizarre claim… Or like I said, unless CIT now refers to something else also. 

Best wishes,

Bill

1 minute ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

unless CIT now refers to something else or in addition to what it did originally, CIT is just another synonym for FUE but provided by a specific doctor. The letter “C” stands for The doctors last name and the rest stands for “isolation technique”. After all, FUE has also been known as FIT for follicular  isolation technique.

Again, unless CIT also means something else, there is no evidence or reason to suggest that a particular doctor’s last name associated with how he performs FUE can we generate follicles in the donor area.   So, this whole idea doesn’t make any sense. 

By the way, the reason why I haven’t mentioned the doctors last name is because due to legal concerns and that the advice of our attorney, we no longer host any post that reference this doctor. This goes way back and has to do with how old this doctor conducted himself on the forum many years ago.    And now the fact that “CIT“ is claiming to “potentially”regenerate hair follicles seems like another weird and bizarre claim… Or like I said, unless CIT now refers to something else also. 

Best wishes,

Bill

thanks for that background Bill, that clears things up for me with said doctor

• Moderators

They are also claiming 99% growth rate in only 4.5 months rather than the one year it takes for other hair transplants. You should ask how they get hair to grow faster than hair has ever grown on anyone. They also claim less scarring compared to everyone else FUE and "almost always no visible scarring". It's all a bunch of crap.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.