HT Looking at DHI Brisbane and Hair Transplant Australia N

Hey man, I'm from NZ and was originally looking at procedures closer to home such as in Aus but in all honesty I have not seen a single result from an Australian or New Zealand HT surgeon that is worth noting. Your best bet for a quality result is to look further abroad.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Valued Contributor

Abr I wouldn't even dream of having surgery here in Australia! The prices are the same as overseas but that's where the similarities end. I've been in this game here in Australia for 35 years and I'm still not impressed by all those I have had consultations with. No one here has the skill set of surgeons overseas. I would be looking at places like Eugenix, etc. Yesterday driving to work I heard on the radio and ad by Dr Knudsen claiming to have a 'pill' that prevents baldness. It's just a marketing ploy to buy finasteride, oral minoxidol and vitamins for a lot more than you could yourself (which to me is highly unethical).

If you or anyone is even considering surgery (and remember it is surgery) here in Australia it just means that you haven't done enough research yet. All the best!

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2020 at 7:56 PM, Gatsby said:

Abr I wouldn't even dream of having surgery here in Australia! The prices are the same as overseas but that's where the similarities end. I've been in this game here in Australia for 35 years and I'm still not impressed by all those I have had consultations with. No one here has the skill set of surgeons overseas. I would be looking at places like Eugenix, etc. Yesterday driving to work I heard on the radio and ad by Dr Knudsen claiming to have a 'pill' that prevents baldness. It's just a marketing ploy to buy finasteride, oral minoxidol and vitamins for a lot more than you could yourself (which to me is highly unethical).

If you or anyone is even considering surgery (and remember it is surgery) here in Australia it just means that you haven't done enough research yet. All the best!

Exactly mate I've noticed him doing that and thought the same thing, very unethical. I came across him on their youtube channel and have been quite surprised after joining up here that they are not rated very highly, looks like i'll be heading overseas also when I'm ready to get one done.  

• Like 1

• Administrators

Not many clinics in Australia, I would say the closest would be in Thailand Dr. Path or Dr. Laorwong. Of course there’s India as well, Eugenix.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.