Getting a Hair Transplant this month.But highly confused ?

Guys  I have met one of the leading HT surgeons in India , Dr tejinder Bhatti and he has recommended me 2500 grafts for hairline ,temples ,front half of scalp.
At last I have made up my mind to get the HT done at the end of this month .

Attaching my current state-

IMG-20181107-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20181107-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20181107-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20181107-WA0043.jpg

Edited by Petroholic
forgot to hide face

Now my confusion-

I have almost decided to get a HT done but have the biggest doubt from the first day itself-

Shockloss / Am I a candidate at present - Since I am not completely bald in the frontal region where Hair will be transplanted ( however the hair in this region are definitely thinner and weaker than other areas ) Can the existing hair in front portion fall off after hair transplant due to shockloss.Is it possible that one year post hair transplant , my native hair in front portion do not return back , only transplanted hair remains , leaving me with a density equal or lower than current.

In other words I have read that to be eligible for hair transplant in a particular area , the density in that area should be less than 50% . In my case is the density less than 50% ? . Do you think one year post hair transplant the density will significantly increase .

This confusion is really delaying my decision about HT . Can you guys please share your opinions

Have attached the area where doctor will do the hair transplant and marked the area I am talking about.

IMG_20181102_153036 (1).jpg

• Moderators

If he's only doing 2500 grafts on you then I'm going to take a guess and say he is probably going to leave much of the middle area where you have some hair alone or possibly only put a very small number of grafts there. If that's the case then I don't think you will have to worry too much about major shock loss.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hello Petroholic,

Have you talked about this with Dr tejinder Bhatti? What did he have to say? 

I would say you do not have to worry about your native hair. If the Dr is good enough all that hair will grow back easily. 

I have another couple of questions: 
1. Medication: Are you using Finas and/or Minox? For how long? Did Dr tejinder Bhatti advised you to take any medication before the hair transplant procedure with him?
2. Why have you chosen Dr tejinder Bhatti? Who were the other Doctors that you had in mind before deciding to go with Dr tejinder Bhatti? 
3. What are the price at Dr tejinder Bhatti clinic?
4. Will Dr tejinder Bhatti be doing the procedure in 1 or in 2 days? 

Hope all goes great! 

8 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

If he's only doing 2500 grafts on you then I'm going to take a guess and say he is probably going to leave much of the middle area where you have some hair alone or possibly only put a very small number of grafts there. If that's the case then I don't think you will have to worry too much about major shock loss.

I did talk about with Dr Bhatti , not one but thrice but was confused because his answers were different each time.

First time he said that my native hair will grow back

Second time I wrote a mail to him and he did not seem to understand my question properly and replied thinking that I am talking about harline

Third time I visited him and he told me that he will not consider the native hair at all to future proof the area .

Now this is what confused me.

@Shera

@spex

Tagging you guys since you seem to have direct contact with the Dr.

8 minutes ago, OliverAtom said:

Hello Petroholic,

Have you talked about this with Dr tejinder Bhatti? What did he have to say? 

I would say you do not have to worry about your native hair. If the Dr is good enough all that hair will grow back easily. 

I have another couple of questions: 
1. Medication: Are you using Finas and/or Minox? For how long? Did Dr tejinder Bhatti advised you to take any medication before the hair transplant procedure with him?
2. Why have you chosen Dr tejinder Bhatti? Who were the other Doctors that you had in mind before deciding to go with Dr tejinder Bhatti? 
3. What are the price at Dr tejinder Bhatti clinic?
4. Will Dr tejinder Bhatti be doing the procedure in 1 or in 2 days? 

Hope all goes great! 

I did talk about with Dr Bhatti , not one but thrice but was confused because his answers were different each time.

Second time I wrote a mail to him and he did not seem to understand my question properly and replied thinking that I am talking about harline

Third time I visited him and he told me that he will not consider the native hair at all to future proof the area .

1 I am on finax and Folli hair vitamins for past 5 years

2 Dr bhatti is considered one of the best HT surgeons in India , the country I belong to. Dr arika bansal and Dr pradeep shetty at Eugenix are others I considered. 

3 Around 1$ per graft for 2500 grafts

4 1 day since it is 2500 grafts only

2 minutes ago, Petroholic said:

1 I am on finax and Folli hair vitamins for past 5 years

2 Dr bhatti is considered one of the best HT surgeons in India , the country I belong to. Dr arika bansal and Dr pradeep shetty at Eugenix are others I considered. 

3 Around 1$ per graft for 2500 grafts

4 1 day since it is 2500 grafts only

Thanks for your quick reply.

On your third visit when he said: "he will not consider the native hair at all to future proof the area" ... I do not fully understand. Did he clarify this point? It´s a bit confusing as you were saying before.

Well, I´m sure all will be great. And please, dont forget to post all the post-op photos to follow everything ... 

Best!!!

Hi Petroholic,

Without talking to Dr Bhatti directly about your case but having dealt with numerous similar cases I would like to make the following points.

The procedure recommended by Dr Bhatti is to rebuild your hairline, strengthen your mid scalp and redefine your temple points. You still have lots of hairs in your mid scalp but could do with more volume. Approximately 2500 grafts should be sufficient to achieve this goal. There does appear to be some thinning in your crown too but this may appear more prominent due to the parting of your hair in your second pic.

You have been taking Finasteride for the past 5 years so you have already prepared your native hair against possible shock loss. Dr Bhatti will not implant densely in this area therefore the trauma from surgery will be minimal to your native grafts therefore further alleviating the risk of shock loss (which itself is quite rare).

Hair loss is progressive therefore your native hair will continue to recede albeit at a much slower pace due to your commitment to meds. You may well need a further surgery to address future loss (crown area?) but if all goes well you can look forward to enjoying your hair for the foreseeable future.

To conclude, I can't see anything overly complicated about your procedure, its pretty straight forward.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

If you need any more help please feel free to contact me or any of the team direct.

Edited by Shera

• 1 month later...

Hair transplant date fixed : Dr Bhatti , Darling buds on 1 March 2019

Here is a big update guys

I have got a date for my hair transplant with Dr tejinder Bhatti , Darling Buds . Have paid the advance on 1 December and have been confirmed the date on 1 March 2019
Waiting for the date eagerly ( 69 days to go : Have a tracker on my phoneredface.gif )

Have been suggested 2500 grafts for hairline ,temple creation and mid scalp by the doctor ( this was in may 2018 hence may even go a little higher now )
Click image for larger version  Name: IMG_20181102_154759.jpg  Size: 76.7 KB ID: 60382

The hairline suggested was-

Click image for larger version  Name: IMG-20180613-WA0005.jpg  Size: 77.9 KB ID: 60383

Let's see how it goes , will update my journey with you guys

@SheraThanks for the help. Feels good to know that a person sitting so far is so willing to help without any expectation of gains.

Hi Petroholic,

Congratulations on fixing your surgery date with the clinic and welcome on board.

If you need any further help or guidance from me then please feel free to ask, you have my details.

I wish you all the best and I look forward to following your progress.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, MohanSingh said:

Nice to see your result...If you have any problem in your future then  you can contact Focus Hair Transplant Centre. The Dr. have 15 years of experience in hair restoration. 

Clinics are allowed to post, but we do not allow promotional content. I have edited your profile to remove the promotional content. However, just so you know we don’t allow links to be posted on this site. It is not a platform for free promotion.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.