Sleep lines

So I’m 3 weeks out of FUE and something unexpected is happening when I wake up :

i have long lines on my scalp from where my head rested against the pillow. They’re really bad! Almost like scars. It take a while for them to go away throughout the day and they run all the way down my scalp and onto my forehead 

i do remember noticing a few lines on my head when I had hair (as opposed to now - post FUE shaved head) but I’m pretty sure it was not this bad.

could it be related to swelling or just part of the general “poking around” after effects? 

I’m even thinking about buying a special pillow conducive to sleeping on one’s back ... 

Edited by HarryHonolulu

My first thought is it could be 'CVG' that you were never fully aware of.  Cutis verticis gyrata

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I doubt this is a result of the FUE procedure. Especially since you are already 3 weeks post-op. It is more likely an existing condition that is just more visible now that the hair has been shaved. Once hair grows back in it should return to same as prior to your procedure.

21 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

My first thought is it could be 'CVG' that you were never fully aware of.  Cutis verticis gyrata

I looked it up and those symptoms are way more severe than what I’m experiencing.

mine disappears over time - the thing you mentioned is chronic 

• Administrators

Can you post a picture? So we have an idea of what these lines look like.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Those look fairly normal to me, try taking a collagen supplement. You may be losing some collagen in your skin. But, I would email your doc for their opinion. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks like very mild cvg to me too. That level is fairly common. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.