Is this normal after 19 days? Bad procedure or shedding?

Had the procedure done at a good clinic.

I am starting to worry about the density. I don't know if I am shedding a lot (I haven't seen any hairs anywhere, maybe because they are too light and small?) or if it's just a bad procedure/growth?

I know it's only 19 days, but an online friend who had the same done looked A LOT denser around this time. 

I couldn't get a good pic before now, as the area was too red to see any hairs before. Only have one with flash, not sure if that helps.

XSbRhrd.jpg

Taken today with my DSLR cam. Hard to get focus right, so zoom in on the front and not the sides. Maybe the camera is not picking up on the lighter hairs?

nM2pkAz.jpg

Taken on day 11. Not sure if it this shows anything or lot. It looks more dense, but I am not sure if flash is comparable. 

Sorry if I'm just being worry-wart, but if this procedure doesn't go right, it's over for me. I am well aware that the final product is 12 months, but I am still worried about how it looks at this stage.

Edited by worryworry

For 99% of people virtually all the transplanted hair is MEANT to fall out from around 2-4 weeks. Did your doctor tell you absolutely nothing? Of course it doesn't look dense at 19 days, the transplanted area has fallen out and that is what is supposed to happen. 

It doesn't start to grow until the 3-5 month mark, with the full result at roughly 12 months, possibly a little less possibly a little more. Sit back and relax because long time before you know whether it was a success or not.

If you never mentioned it was a 19 days, nearly everyone here would of guessed it was about weeks 2-4, that's how normal that looks so don't worry.

What's not normal is that you did not expect any shed loss, did you just walk in off the street for surgery with no research at all ?

25 minutes ago, Jacks0n said:

If you never mentioned it was a 19 days, nearly everyone here would of guessed it was about weeks 2-4, that's how normal that looks so don't worry.

What's not normal is that you did not expect any shed loss, did you just walk in off the street for surgery with no research at all ?

Thanks. I am guessing the guy I talk to was one of the few who barely shed any hairs and that it also looks denser because of his dark hair compared to my blonde.

I was pretty sure it wasn't too abnormal, I just needed the second opinion of a hair forum where people know what they are talking about so I could stop worrying.

I expected some shed, just not this early, I guess, as the two guys who also had HT, who I keep in contact with shed at a later date and kept more of their hair. I guess it's just an individual thing.

Thanks. I can rest easy now.

23 minutes ago, SBSinNYC said:

Just stop.   Stop worrying about absolutely nothing.  The stress will cause your hair to fall out.   Stop.  

You're right. My bad luck in life makes me expect the worst outcome every time something happens. I will stop.

Edited by worryworry

Glad you got some perspective on this. :) Now, we better not see you in here at two months post-op wondering why you don't see full results yet. Lol. 

This will be a great opportunity to cultivate patience and optimism in your life. Happy growing!!! 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Some of what is missing is undoubtedly some degree of shock  loss to the surrounding native hair.

Edited by gillenator

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Things will look much better 3-4 months from now...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I know from experience how much we can obsess and worry about things in the early days following a transplant, but honestly I don't see anything that you should be concerned about. Easier said than done, but try to put it out of your mind as nothing is likely to change for at least a couple of months.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.