3038 Grafts FUE / ASMED - Koray Erdogan / 30th April

On 3/21/2021 at 11:42 PM, JayLDD said:

Would go for FUT in the case of a future procedure. Assume at worst I'd be able to get 3k grafts to cover lost midscalp and crown that is still native hair. Probably closer to 4k, 1000 of which to perfect density in frontal third. For FUE, I think if I really pushed it I could get another 2000, but I don't think that's the best choice, especially considering any potential donor thinning over the next 30 years. 

In the meantime things are fine, crown placement from ASMED was good enough that it still appears to have very good coverage despite being very thin in reality. 

No interest in current treatments for maintenance. Perhaps something new will come along, if it doesn't not a big issue. 

Are you on any treatments? Any pics of crown?

• 6 months later...

With dry hair not much change. Maybe slightly less density throughout the entire scalp and visible heavy crown thinning when wet but when dry I look like a fullhead.  Unlikely I'll need work done for another few years at least, still very slightly bugged by one side in the frontal third lacking in density (300-400 grafts maybe even) but things have held up well. 

Over time I only get more happy with my result. For the most part don't think about my hair in public and I know whenever I get it cut I'll get a variety of compliments from people who would never know I've had a transplant.  At the time of my first procedure there were no patients I'm aware of as young as I was who had gone as aggressively as I did in terms of FUE and graft numbers. Ultimately the choice of approach and clinic couldn't have been better, by both some luck and some good decision making. 

Still thinking if I need a future procedure to finish the midscalp/crown and touch up frontal third will likely pursue FUT. Will either be Hasson/Wong or Konior assuming they're still around by the time I need more work done. 

No description available.

image.thumb.png.bf412577c3be99c80a8e7e0344fc1a6e.png

• Thanks 1

I don't understand when people say hair transplants are illusions. Looking at your hairline in the last pic, it looks non-transplanted, full and dense?

What's your approach to hairloss medications atm?

I read somewhere you stopped with fin due to side effects. Are you considering jumping back on it it the future or is that not necessary due to almost all of your frontal and crown hair is transplanted with still plenty of donor left( judging by the pictures)?

Thanks for updating us. Much appreciated!

8 hours ago, Swish said:

I don't understand when people say hair transplants are illusions. Looking at your hairline in the last pic, it looks non-transplanted, full and dense?

What's your approach to hairloss medications atm?

I read somewhere you stopped with fin due to side effects. Are you considering jumping back on it it the future or is that not necessary due to almost all of your frontal and crown hair is transplanted with still plenty of donor left( judging by the pictures)?

Thanks for updating us. Much appreciated!

If I'm to guess my crown and midscalp is 20-25% of teenage density and the frontal third about 40% albeit with some micro areas of lower density.  The donor maybe 30-40% feels like it has been taken but harder to tell. 

Currently not on any meds, only using keto shampoo. I have some level of worry about the transplanted hair thinning over say a 20-30 year period with no meds (however I think the chance it will become a problem is very low), in terms of my natives in the midscalp and crown thinning I think its viable to fill the entire area with an FUT.

• Thanks 1